Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not online yet, but the November Car & Driver has a great comparison article with full numbers and specs between the Telluride, Palisade, CX-9, Explorer, and Enclave. You already know which two vehicles came out on top (and which two came out on the bottom), but I won’t reveal the winner. It was dang close between 1 & 2, however.

·
Banned
673 Posts
Strange? Are people really worried about a spoiler for a magazine article? I'm going to guess:

Kia Telluride #1
Hyundai Palisade #2
Ford Explorer #3
Buick Enclave #4

Ford and Buick will get dinged for MSRP when fully equipped, Kia and Hyundai will get a call out for needing 50 more horsepower.

To be a definitive test they should've included Subaru Ascent, Honda Pilot, VW Atlas, Volvo XC90, Chevy Traverse and Mazda CX-9. No Durango because it's ancient.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The difference was in interior styling and exterior styling which are both subjective. I wouldn't trade my Palisade Limited for any of the other four but my opinion is also subjective and biased.
I totally agree with you, interior/exterior design is completely subjective, plus with no offense fully Korean manufactured I trust more than manufactured in US, Canada or Mexico!

·
Banned
673 Posts
Agreed. I love the styling on the Telluride, but I also love the Palisade's styling. The more telling part is just how far down the scale the other entries scored in the more qualitative categories. The Kia and Hyundai definitely leap-frogged the competition with these models.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also like the unique styling of the Palisade and definitely think the interior is light years ahead of the others. The Telluride reminded me of the Ford Explorer and many other SUV'S. My second choice would have been the Mazda CX-9 then the Telluride. This coming from a 70 year old who has bought at least 15 new cars and has never bought a foreign made car before. Hyundai really opened my eyes with the Palisade. Purchased 9-13-19 and 1300 trouble free miles.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It's only going to get better over the years now that Hyundai/Kia is seeing the demand and potential. Curious to see what they'll do.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Good read, I've attached the article in question if anyone was interested. Telluride and Palisade comes down to subjective criteria, which is to be expected. I too, was initially in the Telluride camp during my initial research into these vehicles. But I grew increasingly "tired" of the way the Telluride looks, it bored me, somewhat. In my eyes, the Palisade is a far superior design, inside and out, compared to to Telluride. But in any case, I'm happy both of them are getting the mainstream recognition over its Japanese and American counterparts. The CX-9 long reigned in this particular class for few years at least (makes sense, since my Palisade is replacing the 1st gen CX-9, which I really loved, too) but it looks like the Hyundai/Kia 1-2 punch is coming after the throne.

Attachments

·
Banned
673 Posts
Anyone interested in a decision of styling has already made their decision if they're on this forum. The more qualitative rankings where the Palisade excelled around 1/4 mile time, gas mileage and amenities is probably why we all know we made the best decision for us. Not exactly sure how the Palisade with the same engine and trans managed a faster 0-60 and gas mileage than the Telluride (must be tuning), but I'm absolutely amazed at the Palisade's 0-120mph time that literally spanked all of the other vehicles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone interested in a decision of styling has already made their decision if they're on this forum. The more qualitative rankings where the Palisade excelled around 1/4 mile time, gas mileage and amenities is probably why we all know we made the best decision for us. Not exactly sure how the Palisade with the same engine and trans managed a faster 0-60 and gas mileage than the Telluride (must be tuning), but I'm absolutely amazed at the Palisade's 0-120mph time that literally spanked all of the other vehicles.
And hard to explain the Palasade interior is 69 decibels at 70 mph and the Telluride is 63 decibels.

·
Banned
673 Posts
And hard to explain the Palasade interior is 69 decibels at 70 mph and the Telluride is 63 decibels.
Actually pretty close to what I tested. I had the Palisade at 71dB and my 2017 Toyota Avalon Touring at 69dB using my iPhone 8 app.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also like the unique styling of the Palisade and definitely think the interior is light years ahead of the others. The Telluride reminded me of the Ford Explorer and many other SUV'S. My second choice would have been the Mazda CX-9 then the Telluride. This coming from a 70 year old who has bought at least 15 new cars and has never bought a foreign made car before. Hyundai really opened my eyes with the Palisade. Purchased 9-13-19 and 1300 trouble free miles.
I been comparing Acura MDX to Palisade. The reviews about wind noise concerns on Palisade

·
Registered
22 Posts
I been comparing Acura MDX to Palisade. The reviews about wind noise concerns on Palisade
I have owned my Limited 10 months now and over 12,000 miles. I have had 0 issues and any problems have been human error with all the high tech. My eyes have been open from only USA cars. Never been this happy for so long with a new car.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Are you waiting for the 2021 MDX? If you’ve looked and tested the 2020 MDX didn’t you find that the tech and overall feel of it is obviously in need of a refresh?
I had two dealers make me offers of 9k off msrp, desperate to move models that are basically dead men walking with a new model ready for release. I still never seriously considered the MDX even with the ridiculous discount.

palisade hits the MDX square in the face. acura isn’t a luxury brand like Lexus and the Palisade ends up actually driving, feeling and looking more “premium” than Acura’s bread and butter vehicle.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I will never understand how Kia beats Hyundai on this one. Identical chassis, frame, engine and suspension. Telluride looks great in and out. But Palisade looks like the future. At first the front end looked weird, but now I see it as the Tesla pickup truck. Weird at first but now I love it. The Telluride is the Rivian. Nothing wrong with that. BTW, Telluride and Palisade are the 2 highest rated scores in the Consumer Reports Car edition. No other vehicle scored higher and I don't have to tell you which scored higher of the 2. Still don't understand that. Especially when a reporter says the Kia handles better. They are the same truck! Anyhow, when I'm in my Palisade I feel like I'm in the future. And the interior appointments have the chops to prove it. Of course the biggest difference is you can actually buy a Palisade and drive it home that day. Kia, can't even see one. Buy it and wait 6 months. I don't get it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Love my car, but I admit that I like the way the Kia integrates their tow bar better than Hyundai. Only thing I wish was a little bit different.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts