Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Palisade. About a month ago, it started making a crunching sound from the right rear tire area when I go over even slight bumps—especially when turning right—like turning into a driveway. Both my wife and I notice it. The dealer looked at it today and said nothing is wrong. It sounds like old cars used to sound when the shocks were worn out. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions about what to do? Thanks!

·
Registered
622 Posts
No problems here. Did you accompany the service technician on the ride? If not, might want to and pinpoint the sound to them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2020 Limited that has the self leveling shocks. The rear shocks were making noise when going over small speed bumps at very slow speeds. Had the dealer replace the right rear first. It took the dealer awhile to located the source. Then after 6 months the left rear started to go bad and was making the same noise. That one was more difficult to duplicate to the dealer. It wasn't till I had the tech ride with me that he confirm the noise. Don't give up. Stand your ground. The dealer will try to say " CAN NOT DUPLICATE".

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2020 Palisade. About a month ago, it started making a crunching sound from the right rear tire area when I go over even slight bumps—especially when turning right—like turning into a driveway. Both my wife and I notice it. The dealer looked at it today and said nothing is wrong. It sounds like old cars used to sound when the shocks were worn out. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions about what to do? Thanks!
Hi,
We are having the same issue. casing the tires to to start cupping. the dealer suggest to my wife that she must be carrying heavy loads in the car. ( she is a teacher and drives the car 99% of the time). The dealer was very dismissive and can care less. I contacted their HQ and filed a complain. I have another dealer to look at to on Thursday. This is the last time I buy a Hyundai.

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Hi,
We are having the same issue. casing the tires to to start cupping. the dealer suggest to my wife that she must be carrying heavy loads in the car. ( she is a teacher and drives the car 99% of the time). The dealer was very dismissive and can care less. I contacted their HQ and filed a complain. I have another dealer to look at to on Thursday. This is the last time I buy a Hyundai.
Sounds like Palisade could have hit a pot hole or curb at some time.
Could need an alignment or tires balanced, wheel weight came loose
Bad ball joint can cause this also.
Let us know what the new dealership finds out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The service rep told my wife she must be carrying very heavy stuff or towing a I e capacity. We don’t even have a hitch. Major concern they are defrauding customers and disrespecting women assuming there are ignorant

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2020 Limited that has the self leveling shocks. The rear shocks were making noise when going over small speed bumps at very slow speeds. Had the dealer replace the right rear first. It took the dealer awhile to located the source. Then after 6 months the left rear started to go bad and was making the same noise. That one was more difficult to duplicate to the dealer. It wasn't till I had the tech ride with me that he confirm the noise. Don't give up. Stand your ground. The dealer will try to say " CAN NOT DUPLICATE".
Why is it that the dealers can't take your word when you tell them something is wrong. I have taken my car into the dealer because the front sensor was not working all the time. The first time I took it in he gave it back to me and said there was nothing wrong and when I got into the car it immediately did it. I showed it to the service writer and he said okay we'll take care of it. Got my car back work for a while and then once again started doing it sporadically. Took it back to the dealer the text said he tried to duplicate it and could not. Service writer said video it. I made at least five separate videos and took it back to the dealer with the videos.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same issue with mine.. The dealer tried to blame my wife for the issue… after I emailed Hyundai corporate, their tone changed and admitted it’s a problem and the engineers in Korea are redesigning the shocks. They don’t want to take responsibility $$$$ they are spinning the issue and making sound it’s a favor! How many miles on ur car? Btw, it will takes additional 6-8 weeks. I suggest contacting their corporate and a lawyer! They are the WORST car company culture I’ve ever deal with… Fraud!

·
Registered
9 Posts
After challenging them, they suddenly discovered that the shocks need to be redesigned!!!!!! It’s a major issue and according to the service manager, it’s an international problem! Working with a lawyer now…

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Seems there are only a couple of complaints with the NHTSA about this. Wouldn't there be a new tsb or recall if it was an international issue?
Would like to know where you got the information on it being an international issue.
There have been a number of bad shocks that have been replaced. With 170,000 palisade's and shocks there are bound to be some bad parts.
better Palisades have those self leveling shocks so bound to be issues with some
Shock issue Doesn't seem to be any worse than other brands of vehicles
Please let us know what lawyer so those having issues can get in on a class action if there is one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Seems there are only a couple of complaints with the NHTSA about this. Wouldn't there be a new tsb or recall if it was an international issue?
Would like to know where you got the information on it being an international issue.
There have been a number of bad shocks that have been replaced. With 170,000 palisade's and shocks there are bound to be some bad parts.
better Palisades have those self leveling shocks so bound to be issues with some
Shock issue Doesn't seem to be any worse than other brands of vehicles
Please let us know what lawyer so those having issues can get in on a class action if there is one.
The service manager relayed the message about being an international issue… remember, they are redesigning the shocks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
He informed that the engineers in Korea are redesigning the shocks!! So his story went from your wife must be carrying heavy stuff... to The design is flawed! Its the third time I take it in for different issues and every time they start with we don't know if the issue is covered under the warranty. Mind you, the car is under full warranty!!! they are too comfortable defrauding people.

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
And you believe that from a service Manager who just wants you to not bother them.
Check with the hyundai customer service, Or ask the service manager where you can find that info yourself
He's blowing smoke you know where.
some say there is a TSB out on replacing bad shock, it only tells the service personnel why and when they should replace.
If they are the regular shocks they are one kind and are hyundai's own shocks
If they are the self leveling shocks, they were not developed by Hyundai Engineers. Hyundai makes them in house
under an agreement with the people who developed them
That happens to be SACHS they are the nivomat self leveling shock. Sachs holds the patent for them
That doesn't mean Hyundai isn't screwing up their productions in house.

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
They kept the car and gave me a loaner… If he is lying, he will have to answer for it…
Did he have a TSB, there would have to be one if it is an international issue.
The only international issue I see with shocks, is trying to get them to the dealerships for replacements

1 - 15 of 15 Posts