Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
It appears to be but Hyundai still claims a tiny rock peck causes an explosion and that’s simply not true. They have our Palisade now and it’s been there all week, I’ve already paid $300 out of pocket for a rental and now they say they will only pay $30/day for any rental however they have not even started on repairs, I have multiple repairs including the wind noise on drivers side window, rear alignment, dash board peel, and the heated seats are terrible! Not to mention Hyundai Corp has provided no further information and they just told me on Monday that I would receive a call in few days to discuss whether or not they can do anything to help with sunroof. All they want is for us to file and pay $500 claim with insurance, it makes me sick because I know this damn sunroof literally exploded and they’ve already been in law suits 2 years ago because the same thing happened with the Tucson and Sant Fe models. Same explosion reported, Hyundai is the leading manufacturer for this issue.

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
My Palisade only has a single sunroof, however there is a TSB which indicates Hyundai is requesting anyone with a dual sunroof to bring vehicle in so the rear glass can be replaced. Just seems odd, if I had a rock peck or something I dont believe it would have blown up and sounded like a shotgun, I would also take full responsibility for the claim however I really honestly believe this is an issue and Hyundai should pay. I have a rental currently because my case has been escalated, it may take weeks for the glass to come into stock and Hyundai told me they only allow $30/day for rental and I wasnt moving into a small car that Hertz wanted to provide so they provided a Q80 Infinity for $45/day instead. Worse case its costing me $15/day to drive this one.
Could you please post the TSB number for TSB which indicates Hyundai is requesting anyone with a dual sunroof to bring vehicle in so the rear glass can be replaced. I can't find one.
I do see a tsb for them on how to replace the sun roof, But that one is instructions for technicians on how to replace if broken. The original dealer repair manuals don't have instructions on that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Could you please post the TSB number for TSB which indicates Hyundai is requesting anyone with a dual sunroof to bring vehicle in so the rear glass can be replaced. I can't find one.
I do see a tsb for them on how to replace the sun roof, But that one is instructions for technicians on how to replace if broken. The original dealer repair manuals don't have instructions on that.
So the attachment I provided is only if broken? I apologize if I didnt completely understand.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
497 Posts
Oh man, and the stupid thing is not even laminated??? That's crazy. Yeah, I'd do the same, even though I have $0 glass coverage, just out of principle. That's the rear glass, correct? I'm confused with the first picture, where you seem to be opening the driver's door. Or maybe both broke? Hope not. Ha ha.
I don't think the SEL has 2 sun/moon roofs, just the one up front over the front row.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am so angry right now, the dealership will not even authorize to extend our rental agreement because I have not filed this with insurance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has everyone submitted to the National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration (NHTSA)? It appears they will do deep investigation if they get enough complaints. I also filed complaint with car complaints.com

·
Registered
630 Posts
Many years ago, while driving my then-new 1990 Honda Prelude through San Francisco, something fell out of the sky and slammed into my roof. The object left a small greasy dent about 4 inches behind the rear edge of the moonroof. If whatever hit my roof had hit the moonroof, no doubt the moonroof would have shattered.

Just saying things do fall out of the sky and hit cars.

No need to defend yourselves because I'm not accusing anyone or doubting claims of spontaneously shattering roof glass.

I have a 2020 Limited and both my glass roofs have (luckily) not exploded.

I have heard of Teslas having issues with their roofs shattering due to shoddy installation. There was even a video posted where a brand new MY driving down the freeway had their glass roof fly off the car. Apparently the Fremont factory ran out of glue at the moment this MY was being assembled.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well go freaking figure, my SEL palisade has been sitting in the shop for nearly 10 days now and Hyundai just said they are not covering the exploded sunroof and my insurance will have to pickup the bill, we will never purchase another Hyundai vehicle again. This is absolutely the most ridiculous process not to mention I’ve had to fork out $300 for my own rental and the local dealer won’t even provide us with a statement of work of all repairs they are workkkg on so that we can start our reimbursement claim with their Corp office. I’m done with Hyundai forever, simply done!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts