Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our Palisade 4 days ago and last night while driving our sunroof shattered! Anyone had issues with their sunroof? This is a first for us and we have had sunroofs in all our cars!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Haven't heard of it in a Palisade, but it happened in my Tesla. The glass shop said it happens. They traced mine to one of the clips used to hold the glass.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I wish I could have purchased my SEL without a sunroof. I do remember reading recently about another sunroof shattering but am unable to find that thread here on another Palisade forum. Seems pretty rare.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It
Which one shattered? The front one or the rear one (assuming you have one)? There is a TSB our for the rear one. I'm attaching it to this post.
It was the front sunroof but now we are worried about the back moonroof. Getting ready to take back to dealer for inspection.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Does this TSB for everyone has 2nd sunroof or specific VINs?
The TSB states "certain Palisades". So not all. Someone posted on another forum that he/she was contacted by Hyundai to have their rear moonroof inspected. Haven't seen any other report.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is so scary. Hope no one got hurt. I've had my Palisade since August 2019. No issues with sunroof, but reading the TSB for awareness. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
YES! ISSUE WITH SUNROOF!! We own a 2020 Palisade Limited. There are sunroof parts that keep breaking off. It’s been replaced once. The dealer installed the new part and it broke off during testing. They are going to have a tech diagnose it again. So frustrating!

·
Registered
65 Posts
We bought our Palisade 4 days ago and last night while driving our sunroof shattered! Anyone had issues with their sunroof? This is a first for us and we have had sunroofs in all our cars!
Was the shattered sunroof replaced under warranty? How long did it take to get repaired?

·
Registered
3 Posts
YES! ISSUE WITH SUNROOF!! We own a 2020 Palisade Limited. There are sunroof parts that keep breaking off. It’s been replaced once. The dealer installed the new part and it broke off during testing. They are going to have a tech diagnose it again. So frustrating!
Updates as of 3/30/20
The dealer was able to reinstall part and we have not had any issues with the part snapping off. However, we have been in quarantine and have had minimal use with the car. I cannot provide any more information until this covid19 deal goes away.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Updates as of 3/30/20
The dealer was able to reinstall part and we have not had any issues with the part snapping off. However, we have been in quarantine and have had minimal use with the car. I cannot provide any more information until this covid19 deal goes away.
What part keeps breaking?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your Palisade is a 2020, correct? And is that moonroof glass laminated, like the front (double-pane, with a membrane in the middle), or just tempered, which shatters in a million pieces, all over the place? Hope the former. And does anybody know what was causing it? Defective glass, or a defective frame, where it mounts? Hate that manufacturers never say what the root cause of an issue is. And hope all of this is resolved by now.
Yes 2020 Palisade SEL, just dropped off at dealer this morning and the technician noted this may end up being an insurance claim to fix and I said wait, I spoke with Hyundai Assurance on Saturday and after I provided mileage (17k) she told me that Hyundai would cover all costs to replace sunroof. We were driving down road and all of a sudden, sounded like a shotgun went off, my wife screamed and her mom was in the 2nd row, then my younger son was in 3rd row with my niece, nothing hit the glass because the vehicle was way ahead of us, this just happened because Hyundai does not want to admit they placed faulty glass into these vehicles. I am fighting Hyundai over this because we did nothing wrong, they should also pay for my rental that I had to authorize on my own account this morning. Thats another thing, dropped vehicle off and was told it could take few days for inspection and Hyundai would not setup rental until inspection is completed.

my

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah just the sunroof exploded, sounded like shot gun went off, it was so loud my niece said she thought we had died!

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Palisade only has a single sunroof, however there is a TSB which indicates Hyundai is requesting anyone with a dual sunroof to bring vehicle in so the rear glass can be replaced. Just seems odd, if I had a rock peck or something I dont believe it would have blown up and sounded like a shotgun, I would also take full responsibility for the claim however I really honestly believe this is an issue and Hyundai should pay. I have a rental currently because my case has been escalated, it may take weeks for the glass to come into stock and Hyundai told me they only allow $30/day for rental and I wasnt moving into a small car that Hertz wanted to provide so they provided a Q80 Infinity for $45/day instead. Worse case its costing me $15/day to drive this one.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts