Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
The wingbar comes with 2 pcs. It was on sale last week on Amazon and everywhere and come out around $445 for the whole setup.

·
Registered
23 Posts
QUOTE="drekar, post: 13009, member: 2167"]
Okay - stupid question here....

Does the evo wing come with two pieces or is this the price for one and I need two of them?

[/QUOTE]
Yes, the "wingbars" themselves come with two bars... but you will still need two other kits to hold them to the flush rails:
I shopped amazon:
Items Ordered
Price
1 of: Thule 460R Rapid Podium Foot Pack (Set of 4), One Color, Rapid Aero
Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC

Condition: New
$174.95​

Items Ordered
Price
1 of: Thule Roof Rack System Fit Kit - Kit 4093
Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC

$94.95​

Payment information
Item(s) Subtotal:​
$269.90​
Shipping & Handling:​
$0.00​
-----​
Total before tax:​
$269.90​
Estimated tax to be collected:​
$18.90​
-----​
Grand Total:
$288.80
Items Ordered
Price
1 of: Thule Wingbar Evo 135 (53”)
Sold by: Backcountry (seller profile)

$174.95​

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking for roof racks for Palisade 2020 Limited trim.
Stopped by REI in Seattle - they don't have this model in their database yet, we were checking out Thule and Yakima ctalogs.
I also found some no-name roof racks on ebay for about $140, but I doubt their quality and reliability.
Any insights or recommendations on the matter?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 AWD Palisade SEL (Lagoon Silver/BlackBlack) with Conv
66 Posts
For those who went with Thule.. why did you feel it was worth the additional cost vs. the OEM? (functionality, looks, wind noise, ???)

thanks
Mike

·
Registered
68 Posts
Can't speak for the OEM racks but Thule built is good and strong but overpriced (even on sale). You can also move Thule racks to a different car (have to buy a correct fit kit for 2nd car). The bad news is I got the dragging, humping noise on with Thule, I'll try to adjust the front bar a little bit to see if it will help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed Thule roof racks kit on Pali last week and took a couple of hours driving trip today, terrible wind noise at highway speed without any load on the racks. The front crossbar mounted at the B pillar and the rear crossbar at the C pillar. Kinda disappointed to pay that kind of $$$ and got extra wind noise.
Did you move the cross bars to the back? That keeps the noise down. Re-arrange them for when you carry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Went with Thule for the quality of the product and reputation. Not familiar with the OEMs so hard for me to compare. Took a 5hr trip this past weekend and wind noise was not there (outside of what I'd expect 80 MPH to sound like). Moving them around might help, but mine seem fine. Very happy with them.

For those who went with Thule.. why did you feel it was worth the additional cost vs. the OEM? (functionality, looks, wind noise, ???)

thanks
Mike

·
Registered
68 Posts
I moved the rack further to the back pass the B pillar, noise is less noticeable from the front seat but still there. I'm sure 2nd-row passengers will hear it louder. I Will put a cargo box up this weekend and see if it'll get better. I look at the picture of Palisade with OEM rack, the rack mount a bit higher and the crossbar look thinner, the Thule crossbar is a bit thicker to accommodate the other mounts so it could be the reason for the noise.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Palisade SEL (Lagoon Silver/BlackBlack) with Conv
66 Posts
Any major delta in the ability to easily install/remove the OEM cross bars vs the Thule bars?

I note that the price for the OEM varies by over $100 depending on the vendor/dealer.

For the Thule, autoanything has a good discount on the bars and feet, but doesn't have the fit kit (which appears to be back-ordered many places)

41 - 50 of 50 Posts