Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for roof racks for Palisade 2020 Limited trim.
Stopped by REI in Seattle - they don't have this model in their database yet, we were checking out Thule and Yakima ctalogs.
I also found some no-name roof racks on ebay for about $140, but I doubt their quality and reliability.
Any insights or recommendations on the matter?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking for roof racks for Palisade 2020 Limited trim.
Stopped by REI in Seattle - they don't have this model in their database yet, we were checking out Thule and Yakima ctalogs.
I also found some no-name roof racks on ebay for about $140, but I doubt their quality and reliability.
Any insights or recommendations on the matter?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I talked to Thule and Yakama factory customer service personnel and both advised that the rack development/testing is not complete as of yet. Expect a product to be available but no guess on the time frame.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
7 Posts
does anyone know the difference between the Thule ones talked about here that you order in 3 pieces for almost 600$ vs the 1 piece sold on eBay and Amazon from overseas for less than 200$? Are there significant differences?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I negotiated into my purchase Hyundai factory cross rails. I have installed, easily, and mounted a Yakima Skybox18. Look and fit are great. Wind noise with the box is less than with just the cross rails. Very little noise at 60mph with the box attached

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, I ended up buying these. Really good quality for this price. Feels sturdy and solid.
Can you tell me how many inches does it add to your car?
I have about 4 1/4 inches clearance to the garage door when it’s open, and I’m wondering if the car would fit with the cross bars installed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, OEM
1st pic is height from roof, 2nd pic is from top of the side rail. The seem solid. Headed skiing in about 10 days (3.5 hr drive) and will 4 pairs, boots etc up there. I'll post my experience on my return

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I ended up buying these. Really good quality for this price. Feels sturdy and solid.
Do you have pictures with them installed? Any review on real-world use?
I was looking at these but very cautious about actually pulling the trigger

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, used the rails with a Yakima SkyBox18 for a ski weekend. Total of >10 hrs of driving, mostly highway. No issues or complaints. Highway speeds of <75mph. The box had 5 pairs of skis, poles, 3 medium duffles, and a small cooler. Very happy with entire setup. The rails are not thoroughly lockable. The end caps that have the Hyundai logo require a type of embossed key but not too difficult to undo without. I plan to replace the bolts that secure the cross-rail foot to the car with a tamper resistant bolt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you find the fit on these snail auto ones?
I had them installed and wasn’t very confident in them.

They ‘fit’ and latch on but are definitely not made specifically for the palisade.

Worried about how secure they will really be.

Plus the weight limit is 60lbs less than the factory ones. 160 vs 220

Also they whistled while driving

We are returning ours.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@HuskrMo78
I’m sorry about it. I’m wondering if the original ones would be much higher quality and better experience. Let me know what’s your experience with the factory ones of if you find a better alternative.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts