Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is mainly for my Canadian friends, but tell me if your American and having the same problem. Ordered my ultimate trim Palisade in first week of July. Am now into Sept. Not a word on delivery date. My salesrep keeps checking almost daily,with no luck. Are other Canadians (or Americans) having the same issue?
Thanks for your help guy's and gal's.
Mogens. Patient (for now) in Ottawa

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is mainly for my Canadian friends, but tell me if your American and having the same problem. Ordered my ultimate trim Palisade in first week of July. Am now into Sept. Not a word on delivery date. My salesrep keeps checking almost daily,with no luck. Are other Canadians (or Americans) having the same issue?
Thanks for your help guy's and gal's.
Mogens. Patient (for now) in Ottawa
Yep, me too. Ordered on July 31. It was already in transit to our dealership, so we shouldn't have had to wait for very long. But here we are, 5 weeks later and no news.

I posted this in a couple of other threads: my dealership told me that they're inspecting tires for flat spots due to the cars being idle for so long while being shipped from Korea. Because they're heavy cars, they're apparently prone to this issue. I was told they're replacing tires if they find an issue.

The dealership also told me that my car arrived at the port of entry about a month ago. The logistics folks at the port keep pushing the delivery date on him. He's guessing that the flat-spotting thing is the issue, but he hasn't explicitly been told that this is the reason.

Something is going on, that's for sure. And Hyundai isn't talking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Eric2203. Was told today I may have to wait up to 5 months for a Burgandy with Beigh interior. No way. They had a black with beigh interior in stock. Ultimate trim. Bought it. Pick it up Friday.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks Eric2203. Was told today I may have to wait up to 5 months for a Burgandy with Beigh interior. No way. They had a black with beigh interior in stock. Ultimate trim. Bought it. Pick it up Friday.
Congrats on the purchase. I think black with beige interior looks nice.

Ironically, we bought a Sierra Burgundy with beige interior. Or I should say we placed a deposit on it, since we're still waiting for it...

·
Registered
7 Posts
i put in a pre-order in June and im still waiting for my palisade. It arrived at the Port of Benecia in the middle of August but is TBD for delivery.

All the local dealerships do not have an inventory of the Limited models and no one knows why they are being held at port.

My guess would be related to the vibration issue that the Telluride and Palisade are experiencing as well as the recent seatbelt recall. all theories so far.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i put in a pre-order in June and im still waiting for my palisade. It arrived at the Port of Benecia in the middle of August but is TBD for delivery.

All the local dealerships do not have an inventory of the Limited models and no one knows why they are being held at port.

My guess would be related to the vibration issue that the Telluride and Palisade are experiencing as well as the recent seatbelt recall. all theories so far.
I literally answered that in this thread.

They're inspecting tires for flat spots caused by the long time at sea during shipping, and because they're heavy cars. They're replacing tires when needed. That's what happened to ours at least.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I literally answered that in this thread.

They're inspecting tires for flat spots caused by the long-time at sea during shipping, and because they're heavy cars. They're replacing tires when needed. That's what happened to ours at least.
I did not see that, my apologies. that is a very interesting issue that this car is facing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not at all actually. Hyundai already came out and said no Hyundais were on the ship. Also Georgia is where the Kia telluride is made and there were Kia's on the ship.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just received an answer from Hyundai as to when to expect delivery of my new Palisade.
Dec.7,2019
wouldn't give me any reason for the long delay, or couldn't. Palisades are being made.
I told them about the Palisadeforum and they might want to give us some answers as to
rumors that there is a tire problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just received an answer from Hyundai as to when to expect delivery of my new Palisade.
Dec.7,2019
wouldn't give me any reason for the long delay, or couldn't. Palisades are being made.
I told them about the Palisadeforum and they might want to give us some answers as to
rumors that there is a tire problem.
Now that you mentioned December, i do remember talking to a random sales guy who did say November/December for my delivery. I think this is due in part to the many issues that other folks have brought up in these threads.

• Flattening of tires due to weight
  • gas pedal vibration between 65-75mph
  • driver side window noise at speed
  • seat belt recall
im debating if i should wait for the updated version next year

·
Registered
46 Posts
If I hadn't put a deposit down already, I'd think about waiting also.
If I don't have mine by jan. 2020 will try to cancel and wait for the
next update or buy different suv.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If I hadn't put a deposit down already, I'd think about waiting also.
If I don't have mine by jan. 2020 will try to cancel and wait for the
next update or buy different suv.
Unless you signed paperwork, your deposit is not binding and should be returned upon request. When did you place the order?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered my Palisade Limited from my dealer as soon as they could enter new orders. I ordered white exterior with beige interior. My current delivery time is showing November. But on the good side, my dealer was able to add the towing package. As it wasn't available when the original order was submitted. So now I patiently wait.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered my Palisade Limited from my dealer as soon as they could enter new orders. I ordered white exterior with beige interior. My current delivery time is showing November. But on the good side, my dealer was able to add the towing package. As it wasn't available when the original order was submitted. So now I patiently wait.
I have the same exact car ordered, right down to the tow hitch. My lead time is also November though I haven't gotten an update lately.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same exact car ordered, right down to the tow hitch. My lead time is also November though I haven't gotten an update lately.
We live in southern Indiana and our car will come through the west coast dock, then by rail to Chicago. Then by truck transport to our dealer. What state is yours shipping to?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Palisade I ordered was White with beige interior and HTrac (AWD)
My port of entry should be Los Angles, as I'm in Arizona

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
12 Participants
therealvpatel
Hyundai Palisade Forum
We invite you to join our community to explore Hyundai release prices, reviews, specs, interior, cargo space and much more!
Full Forum Listing