Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This being so new, has anyone found a dealership that discounts yet or is it sticker only? Just wondering. I don't want to get caught up in the fever of "first on the block".

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you want a Palisade now (or maybe even this year), expect to pay MSRP. Dealers around me told me they were laughing at people who asked for incentives and discounts on the Palisade. Which is kinda rude, but I understand it. They know these are hot, so they just wait for another person to ask about it and take it. The dealerships can't get enough supply for the demand from what I've heard.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what I expected and I am in no rush. Love my 2015 Genesis anyway. By next summer the Genesis SUV will be out anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you want a Palisade now (or maybe even this year), expect to pay MSRP. Dealers around me told me they were laughing at people who asked for incentives and discounts on the Palisade. Which is kinda rude, but I understand it. They know these are hot, so they just wait for another person to ask about it and take it. The dealerships can't get enough supply for the demand from what I've heard.
The dealer in Waukesha WI (Boucher Hyndai) is selling them for $500 below MSRP. The sale guy's name is Dane. They seem to get at least a Limited a week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go see what's going on over at the Telluride Forum, one dealer asking $10K over MSRP then dropped it to $5K over and said the buyer was getting a deal. Shameful what the Kia dealers are doing to customers...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Go see what's going on over at the Telluride Forum, one dealer asking $10K over MSRP then dropped it to $5K over and said the buyer was getting a deal. Shameful what the Kia dealers are doing to customers...
No kidding, what a mess. The Telluride SX with Prestige is the top trim, most analogous to the Palisade Limited. The SXP can't be ordered, are in such short supply, and are being marked up heavily by the Kia dealers. I bailed from considering the Telluride well over a month ago once it all started to hit the fan.

I think the Palisade Limited is a good value even at MSRP. Considering a similarly-optioned Traverse, Explorer, Pilot, etc. can run into the low $50K range, I am pleased with getting my Limited AWD at the price I did. I was able to negotiate a bit higher on my trade-in value, got the $500 competitive incentive, and the 1.9% financing.

Perhaps a few months from now you'll be able to wiggle down closer to invoice on the Palisade, but I didn't want to wait, and felt that this vehicle met all of our needs at a reasonable price already.

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Your comments about Hyundai dealers and the incentives regarding the Palisade are not true with all dealers. I have been talking with 3 different dealers and all 3 have reminded me of the various incentives that apply to the MSRP. For example the $500 military service discount or the competitive buyer $500 discount. These can be found on the HyundaiUSA website as well as some dealer sites.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No kidding, what a mess. The Telluride SX with Prestige is the top trim, most analogous to the Palisade Limited. The SXP can't be ordered, are in such short supply, and are being marked up heavily by the Kia dealers. I bailed from considering the Telluride well over a month ago once it all started to hit the fan.

I think the Palisade Limited is a good value even at MSRP. Considering a similarly-optioned Traverse, Explorer, Pilot, etc. can run into the low $50K range, I am pleased with getting my Limited AWD at the price I did. I was able to negotiate a bit higher on my trade-in value, got the $500 competitive incentive, and the 1.9% financing.

Perhaps a few months from now you'll be able to wiggle down closer to invoice on the Palisade, but I didn't want to wait, and felt that this vehicle met all of our needs at a reasonable price already.
Yeah, the SX-P was what I wanted but with lack of availability (at least for now) and dealer gouging I'm gonna take a real good look at the Palisade. I have a very good Hyundai dealer near me that I've dealt with, I'm gonna stop in and see him before I do anything. I have time left on my GMC lease and I'm way below the miles so I can wait out the crush. Good luck with your new Palisade...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cross posted
I purchased my Palisade on Friday and got a $2000 off plus a $500 conquest cash, but that is just one off case where the dealer admitted to a price mistake and the 2k off was not supposed to be on Palisade. Since I inquired about it with the offer, they honored it and later removed this offer from their website. Also, I had to drive 3 hours to get this deal.
I agree with most of the members that the price wont be any less than MSRP for atleast a few months. That said, set alerts on AutoTrader app and keep checking every day (I do see some of the dealers selling it less than MSRP, rare but possible). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Your comments about Hyundai dealers and the incentives regarding the Palisade are not true with all dealers. I have been talking with 3 different dealers and all 3 have reminded me of the various incentives that apply to the MSRP. For example the $500 military service discount or the competitive buyer $500 discount. These can be found on the HyundaiUSA website as well as some dealer sites.
Yep I understand. Those will likely be taken off of MSRP though and are not available to everyone's situation.

I'm just sharing my experiences from a fairly densely populated area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m thinking about selling my hyper white limited fwd completely optioned with less than 1000 miles. As new condition 43500 firm. Wife wants something different. Inquire if interested
0FCDA7C6-C1D7-4177-87E7-F3F0F1C952BA.jpeg
961FEC51-F407-49A3-B04F-29F88510679D.jpeg
0FCDA7C6-C1D7-4177-87E7-F3F0F1C952BA.jpeg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just bought my Palisade Limited AWD in Steel Graphite for MSRP in the Chicagoland area, which is what all the dealers around here were sticking too. There was a small handful of dealers offering slightly below MSRP but all on vehicles that weren't due to be delivered for over a month and these vehicles often had "catches" like dealer add-ons that they wouldn't budge on that essentially brought even those to MSRP with needless "extras".

I suspect later this year this vehicle will sell below MSRP, closer to invoice, but I also have a feeling it will get a MSRP jump for year 2 since it is an apparent big success. Maybe year 2 will never sell for MSRP, but still high since the MSRP will have gone up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m thinking about selling my hyper white limited fwd completely optioned with less than 1000 miles. As new condition 43500 firm. Wife wants something different. Inquire if interested View attachment 129 View attachment 130 View attachment 129
Sade, still available? join the Palisade Owners facebook group and i'm sure someone will snap it up... lots there waiting for theirs and sitting fence etc .. good luck with it !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts