Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my steering wheel is making a sort of a motor/whirring sound when turned. Here's a video:

I read other posts about grinding sound but this doesn't sound like grinding to me. Taking it to service on Monday.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had/have this. Not sure if it's related to TSB 20-ST-003H-1

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is electric motor driven power steering. Is that what you are hearing?
It's like a whirring sound. You can hear it in the video.
I just dropped off the car at the dealer. Service advisor knew exactly the noise I'm talking about before I even showed him. Will see what they say / do

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: Dealer will be replacing a "worm gear" in the steering column. Part has been ordered.
When I started explaining the noise to the service advisor he immediately knew what I was talking about without even looking at it first. Appears to be a somewhat common issue on various Hyundai models - not just the Palisade.

·
Registered
2021 Limited AWD
12 Posts
Update: Dealer will be replacing a "worm gear" in the steering column. Part has been ordered.
When I started explaining the noise to the service advisor he immediately knew what I was talking about without even looking at it first. Appears to be a somewhat common issue on various Hyundai models - not just the Palisade.
Thanks for the post. Have the same thing happening in my 21 Limited. Just waiting for the next oil change milestone to get it repaired. My noise started at about 10K miles.

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
Do you hear that sound when the Palisade is moving?
Sounds almost like the tires making noise when being turned at a stand still.
Doesn't mean your sound is different than what I'm hearing

·
Registered
2020 Steel-Graphite Limited
29 Posts
Thanks for the post. Have the same thing happening in my 21 Limited. Just waiting for the next oil change milestone to get it repaired. My noise started at about 10K miles.
My 2020 limited just started making this same sound and I have just over 11k miles on it? Thanks for posting and letting us know the part name that's needed to fix. 👍

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2021 SEL has the same noise and there is only 2600 miles on the car. The part has been ordered and I bring it in next week to have the worm gear replaced. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

·
Registered
2020 Steel-Graphite Limited
29 Posts
My 2021 SEL has the same noise and there is only 2600 miles on the car. The part has been ordered and I bring it in next week to have the worm gear replaced. Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Hope your dealer has the part in stock? Dealer I called yesterday said it's backordered and it's been 2mos since ordering and still no ETA? ☹

1 - 13 of 13 Posts