Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the Palisade and for a minute got confused when listening to music through Android auto.
Was pushing the the steering wheel control button UP to go to next track but it was just going to beginning of current one.
Now I figured out that DOWN is to go to next track and UP is previous. I guess that makes sense if you are looking at a list of tracks like on a piece of paper or screen so down goes down the list, etc...etc...

That is fine but kind of inconsistent from other Hyundai models.
I also have a 2020 Tucson and its the opposite - UP goes to next track and DOWN goes to previous.
Same thing on the 2016 Tucson.

So either someone was drunk and reversed the button programming or just decided that this way makes more sense on Palisade but not on Tucson and possibly other models? ;)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Just got the Palisade and for a minute got confused when listening to music through Android auto.
Was pushing the the steering wheel control button UP to go to next track but it was just going to beginning of current one.
Now I figured out that DOWN is to go to next track and UP is previous. I guess that makes sense if you are looking at a list of tracks like on a piece of paper or screen so down goes down the list, etc...etc...

That is fine but kind of inconsistent from other Hyundai models.
I also have a 2020 Tucson and its the opposite - UP goes to next track and DOWN goes to previous.
Same thing on the 2016 Tucson.

So either someone was drunk and reversed the button programming or just decided that this way makes more sense on Palisade but not on Tucson and possibly other models? ;)
It’s not tied to the model, but to the infotainment system. Both the Palisade and the 2020 Sonata use the same infotainment system and have this backwards arrangement. Your Tucson uses a different system. The 2021 Santa Fe will use the same system as the Palisade.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Palisade SEL (Lagoon Silver/BlackBlack) with Conv
129 Posts
Actually it's worse...

if you are NOT on the radio screen and you press "UP"... it goes to the next higher preset (preset N+1)

If you are ON the radio screen and you press "UP".. it goes to the previous HIGHER on the list (which is preset N-1)

Horrible inconsistency.

It drove me batty on my Outback that "Up" on the station moved "Down" the list... but this is even worse.. it frickin CHANGES depending on which screen is up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts