Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
I have a sel awd trim. Went in last Friday for its 2nd oil change. I had no issues with it when I got there. I left and got home that’s when I noticed sound coming from steering and my mpg went from excellent to horrible. I didn’t start having issues till right after that oil change. Makes me wonder if they changed oil. I was getting 22 city and 31 highway in comfort mode. I took it back Tuesday of this week and they said oh it’s a spring we have to order it. It’ll be here Thursday we will let u know when it gets here. They never called me I had to call them and they gave me appt for today Friday told them I’d have to wait for it they said it would take a while I said well I have things and kids to pick up from school so they lend me a loaner for a few hours. I get call from 2 hrs later saying it’s not spring it’s steering column and that they won’t get new part till Tuesday. So they told me I could come pick up my palisade and bring it back when they get the part. Transmisión is jerky as hell to. I to,d them if they have found a resolution for that they said no it’s normal because it’s a dct I said it doesn’t have a dct they claim to know more because they work there. I know there is no dct. I’m really regretting this purchase.

DCT? seriously?!? even when you called them on it they stuck to their claim that the palisade has a DCT? wow.

You need to ask to speak to their customer service manager and/or their service manager at this point.

So I have my Palisade about 6 months and have 7500 miles on it. I brought it into the dealer today for the first oil change and casually mentioned to the service rep that I started hearing a grinding noise when I turn the steering wheel. He proceeded to tell me that it needs a new steering column and the replace at least a half dozen so far. He then told me this model car is a cash cow for the dealerships, that on average they are making $10k in recalls, TSB’s and known issues per vehicle. I’m at the point I truly regret buying the car between the wind noise, steering column, rear a/c, and other electronics not working as it should. I already started the process to lemon law it.
We have also have to replaced the steering column. We have no accident and I primarily use the car to drive my children back and forth to school. I noticed something orange leaking from the car and the steering wheel seemed to be loose when navigating. The service guy inspected and told me the same thing that we need to replace the steering wheel column. I was totally blown away. We replaced it but now Well a few days ago I noticed the same symptoms again with the steering wheel. And this morning while I was stopped at the light, the car totally shut off.

I too will be starting the process of the lemon law.

Well more crappy update. Steering columns are now back ordered till end of November! So apparently seems like bad steering columns are going bad all across. They still don’t know what is going on with transmission.

Oh ok, I thought the power steering could go out. Did the car shut off because of the defective column? I’d say that’s a safety issue if the car will randomly shut down.
No luckily it hasn't shut off as of yet. Its just odd they are back ordered and claim there isn't an issue across with steering column and its just isolated.

Dealers saying “wow, this is the first I’ve ever heard of this issue” is common among all makes I’ve ever dealt with. It’s like an automatic expected response for some reason. Hahahah

I guess you're right about that. I doubt Hyundai sends out bulletins alerting their dealers of reported and potential problems. Only when it gets to a TSB or Recall is when all the dealers are alerted, and even then if no customer needs the TSB work done then dealers are probably too busy to actually study all of them and commit them to memory, so unless a customer actually has the issue and presents it to the dealer then they continue on oblivious to the issue.

In fact, I think some users on this forum had to present their dealers with the wind noise TSB since they "had never seen this issue before..."

hahahaha

So I have my Palisade about 6 months and have 7500 miles on it. I brought it into the dealer today for the first oil change and casually mentioned to the service rep that I started hearing a grinding noise when I turn the steering wheel. He proceeded to tell me that it needs a new steering column and the replace at least a half dozen so far. He then told me this model car is a cash cow for the dealerships, that on average they are making $10k in recalls, TSB’s and known issues per vehicle. I’m at the point I truly regret buying the car between the wind noise, steering column, rear a/c, and other electronics not working as it should. I already started the process to lemon law it.
My dealer told me it is “Palisade” thing and didn’t offer to look further into the issue or recommend a repair. I will plan to request the steering column be replaced.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.