Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Has anyone thought about fitting steel wheels and studded tires for winter use. I have the 20 inch wheels and wonder if I dropped to a 19 or 19 inch I could fit a decent set of winter tires. The base model is on 18 inch rims so cant see why it would be a problem?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got full kumho winter ice tires, 18” steel wheels and the sensors from dealership for $2100. Sensors were $635 . Can tire was about same price for wheels and tires but no sensors and didn’t know if the vehicle would require a dealership reset on TPMS after swap with new sensors I’d have to pick up from Dealership.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I ended up with the steel rims, sensors and hankook Ipike tires for the grand price of $1940 CAD. That was including taxes and $65 to store summer wheels and tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have an actual brand/model number for the steel rims that are 18" that properly fit the vehicle? Tirerack and many others do not seem to have fitments done yet..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found Canadian Tire could order in a set, but turned out the hyundai dealer also supplies the 18” steel wheels and were cheaper. I’d phone your dealer for a price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For what it's worth, I down sized from 20" to 18" wheels for the snow tires on my limited, but I did so using a set of take-off Kia Telluride rims I got on Ebay. I've got some stickers coming to cover up the "Kia" on the center cap. Used the Genesis TPMS sensors recommended here and Blizzak V2 tires, and it all works perfectly. You can definitely feel the smoother ride of 18" wheels vs. 20" wheels too...

Not a great picture, but you get the idea...

·
Registered
2 Posts
For what it's worth, I down sized from 20" to 18" wheels for the snow tires on my limited, but I did so using a set of take-off Kia Telluride rims I got on Ebay. I've got some stickers coming to cover up the "Kia" on the center cap. Used the Genesis TPMS sensors recommended here and Blizzak V2 tires, and it all works perfectly. You can definitely feel the smoother ride of 18" wheels vs. 20" wheels too...

Not a great picture, but you get the idea... View attachment 463
Looks good with the Telluride rims. You might be able to just order Hyundai center caps to replace the Kia 67.1MM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts