Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
https://stan.files.com/f/f7594db54543f096

Link to "Stan's previously used Hyundai updates". Format 64Gb USB and copy all files. Insert to Palisade and enjoy. For 2020-2022 Palisade with bigger infotainment screen. Canadian version.
Thank you! I am still debating whether to install this "pulled" update or wait for the official one to be back online. I am wondering why they pulled the first update to begin. I am a little suspicious with their reason given (some server issues). May be there was a major flaw with the first update we are not aware of. Anyway thanks for the link to the first update.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you! I am still debating whether to install this "pulled" update or wait for the official one to be back online. I am wondering why they pulled the first update to begin. I am a little suspicious with their reason given (some server issues). May be there was a major flaw with the first update we are not aware of. Anyway thanks for the link to the first update.
I took the update when it first came out 2 weeks ago and went on a roadtrip this past weekend. No issues whatsoever, so I'm thinking it was taken down until they could shore their server capacity up more, but the update itself worked fine.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I highly doubt there’s anything wrong with the update, because that’s not something Hyundai will want to hide as thousands downloaded and installed the update already. That means if something was wrong Hyundai will legally have to issue statement of some sort. They haven’t done so a

·
Registered
53 Posts
So can we install this Canadian version on the US Palisade? Does anyone know?
So IMHO it's safe to try as it won't damage anything. Worst case scenario it'll say incompatible version of update and that's it. AFAIK CAN vs US differences are mainly legal. All hardware on Palisade is same as it's manufactured in Ulsan, Korea factory. Both US and Canada versions can display and switch between US units and metric Canada units (eg. F vs C, miles vs km etc). Navigation maps include North America anyway for both versions. As I said there may be some difference in various safety regulations and warnings mandatory to display upon vehicle start up - so mainly legal issues.
If I'm really trying to come up with something - I might think of some kind of GPS block that requires VIN to match to Canadian or US software update number - but I'm just making that up and even in that case - system will recognize it and will not allow to install update.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is the update for?
Last week Hyundai's latest update was unavailable due to servers been down. So this is a copy of that latest update saved on a different working server. However, as of yesterday Hyundai servers are working again, so no need for this copy anymore. Unless servers go down again lol.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sorry. I'm new to this. It's it an update to the navigation? I don't have my palisade yet, but should in the next few weeks.
It’s an update for both navigation maps and infotainment system itself: new icons, new screen options, fixed bugs and errors and so on. It’s like a new Android or iOS updates for cellphones. Hyundai does it every year.
If your Palisade is new, chances are it’ll have new update already. If not you can always download it from Hyundai website to usb and install yourself.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I was never able to download anything but May 12th update, other/s were pulled before I got to it. Have May 12 on stick will do tonight or tomorrow. Going to try Engine offI I hope. Should be noted we have to use a 64GB or larger stick now (I use a 128GB). Its way over 32GB now. Never liked using a full stick anyway there is always temp files on target or source and having some head room is important for temp files that might be created.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts