Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
The sport mode manages the driving dynamics by automatically adjusting the steering effort and the engine and transmission control logic for enhanced driver performance see owners manual page 5-565 to 5-58 and it will explain the different drive modes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess that I was trying to find out if anyone knew if the Comfort Mode, for example, makes any changes to the air suspension or other suspension components which would affect the ride quality. Comfort implies that the ride would be improved. And the Smart mode algorithms. I understand that the Smart Mode is supposed to track your driving characteristics and try to mimic those. The changes are pretty subtle in my experience except for Sport obviously and Eco. But just wondering if there are supposed to be different ride characteristics between Comfort and Smart. Damping? impact harshness? I cannot detect a difference. Probably over thinking it..
I must say that I am impressed by the Hytrac system. Not really needed down here in Florida, but the torque vectoring is something that can be felt on hard cornering, where it tames understeer and tire squeal that occur with FWD. And keeps the car much more level in tight corners. A well spent $1700 I'd say.!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I guess that I was trying to find out if anyone knew if the Comfort Mode, for example, makes any changes to the air suspension or other suspension components which would affect the ride quality. Comfort implies that the ride would be improved. And the Smart mode algorithms. I understand that the Smart Mode is supposed to track your driving characteristics and try to mimic those. The changes are pretty subtle in my experience except for Sport obviously and Eco. But just wondering if there are supposed to be different ride characteristics between Comfort and Smart. Damping? impact harshness? I cannot detect a difference. Probably over thinking it..
I must say that I am impressed by the Hytrac system. Not really needed down here in Florida, but the torque vectoring is something that can be felt on hard cornering, where it tames understeer and tire squeal that occur with FWD. And keeps the car much more level in tight corners. A well spent $1700 I'd say.!
The various drive modes do NOT affect the suspension.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts