2023Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy
550 Posts
yes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes.

I am having a discussion with weathertech pertaining to fit of front guards. They do not fit correctly. The channel molded into the guard does not follow the curvature of the fender.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 4265 View attachment 4266

Not a perfect fit, but the coverage is superior to stock IMO.
This is the problem with the channel not following the curvature of the fender. WeatherTech said it was do to mold action, but having managed molding and tooling I challenged that and no one has gotten back as yet. I think I may have a way of correcting this but I will not proceed until I have exhausted getting a response from Weathtech. Their company philosophy is providing a quality American made product so I shall see what happens.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the OEM splash guards, so no experience with the Weather tech, but question...,,,I see you have them installed between the fender liner and the fender. I've never seen that, always installed on the wheel side of the fender liner. Not sure it would make a difference, but wanted to ask. Might help them align better.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Pic

I was informed by Weathertech that that was the intended design at the top. I am used to there being a 1/2 to 3/4 in. exposed at the top to better guard the splash.
The last vehicle I had with Flaps was a Ford Bronco II, although I have had SUVs since. But that tells you how long it has been for me, so I have no relevant experience with flaps...:) However, these seem to fit. They do provide some protection, but after the last storm, I can say they are not perfect.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put the Weather Tech front splash guards on a few weeks ago. They have noticeably reduced the water/ debris streaks on the side of the vehicle. I am quite happy with them. It was hard to keep the car clean without the guards.
The car came with OEM rear splash guards. They seem to work okay. I will switch the rear flaps to Weather Tech too during the winter if needed.

·
Registered
2023Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy
550 Posts
I love my WeatherTechs front and rear. They really do a great job in keeping the bottom portion of my car clean.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts