Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just picked up my Palisade Luxury 2 days ago. So far 100km on the ODO. Love it so far but have a complaint.

I use the digital speed read out in the screen as my speed primarily but i have noticed that the analog gauge is 2 km/h higher than it should be. When parked or not moving i can see that the needle is about 2 km/h and not directly over 0. So when i am doing 100 km/h it reads 102 km/h on the needle. I did a GPS speed on my phone and it is accurate with the digital speed on the screen. Does anyone have this issue? What should i do? It kinda an annoyance right now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took the Palisade to the dealership and they told me its normal. They told me they took a look at other palisades in the parking lot and said they do it also. I went on 2 different test drives with 2 different palisades and they all showed 0kmh while not moving. so i think its going to be a battle. how is 2kmh difference in speed OKAY? on a brand new vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took the Palisade to the dealership and they told me its normal. They told me they took a look at other palisades in the parking lot and said they do it also. I went on 2 different test drives with 2 different palisades and they all showed 0kmh while not moving. so i think its going to be a battle. how is 2kmh difference in speed OKAY? on a brand new vehicle.
Did you ever get this fixed? I just bought a palisade and it has the same problem. My dealership says it's an optical illusion which is a bunch if BS.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Because of the parallax error, the digital is more correct. Dialed, precision instruments have fine needle pointers with a mirror on the face of the dial. The truest reading is obtained when the needle is directly over it's reflection. From the position of your picture, normal viewing angle, it is seen to be offset from the gauge introducing parallax. The difference between the digital and analog interpretations also depend on the round-off logic in the digital display. Is it 120.0, 119.5 or 120.5? Krislew above checked the digital against a GPS showing the digital display to be the truer reading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.