Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their "donut" spare tire with a OEM or Aftermarket wheel/Tire? When I purchased my 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport I asked the dealer about replacing the spare tire with a full sized wheel/tire. He said it would not fit. However I did find a OEM tire/wheel on Ebay and it fit under the rear perfectly. I am now searching for a replacement tire/wheel for my spare but due to cost I do not want the OEM 20" rim/tire that came on my SEL. So far only Discount Tire has 20" rims for the Palisade SEL.

·
Registered
15 Posts
been wondering if a full size OEM wheel would fit also. Haven’t had time to pull one of the wheels to try it out. eBay has a set of the 20” wheel. Maybe get a group of 4 here to split it? It’s not a perfect set, some scuff marks, but will definitely do the job of having a full size spare in case of an incident during a road trip and not having to limit yourself to a slower speed before getting the damaged tire fixed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I purchased a 2020 Palisade 20" rim from a Limited Model on Ebay for $275.00. The seller showed a picture of the Palisade that had front end damage. All the wheels and tired look good so I took a chance. When it arrived I was really surprised as the rim had only a few minor nicks. I know this is not the exact rim type on my SEL but for a spare it's great. I purchased a new 20" tire and had it installed and balanced. Yesterday I removed the "emergency spare tire" and mounted the new wheel/tire. It fit with no problems, but i does show more tire tread from the rear of the car but it will not cause any problems. Now I can take long trips and not be concerned about having to use the "donut spare" tire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts