Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use Mcguires for cleaning and it's a better cleaner in most cases but it's not a protectant. That's the all in one product.
I've used Lexol and didn't find the cleaning as good . The conditioner is fine but it's not really a protectant.
The Guardsman adds a very thin layer between your cleaning and a stain.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a moonlight cloud Palisade Limited AWD with beige napa leather seats. I don't wear "cheap" jeans, but I still started getting a slight blue hue to a portion of my driver's seat.

I searched the internet, and found that Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner was very highly rated. I bought some, gave a couple of sprays to a microfiber cloth, and the blue stains easily wiped off of my leather seat - I didn't have to scrub at all, just wipe.

It's a great comfort knowing that this stuff works so well and so easily for when (not if) any staining occurs in the future. I'm not one to endorse products, but this works so well that I thought people should know about it. Here's a link to where I bought it on Amazon. I think it's also available at Walmart.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TJ3HUG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use both McGuires which us a cleaner, treatment all in one
Really works to get stains out.
I like the Guardsman as a protectant once it's clean.
I've also tried Lexol products ....
Didnt clean as well and were expensive...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I searched the internet, and found that Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner was very highly rated. ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TJ3HUG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I bought this exact product back in 2013 for the leather seats in my vehicles, and it works very well. I clean the leather interiors 2-3 times each year. I think I used it once on my leather couch and was amazed at the dirt it pulled off the armrests (was using a light colored cleaning cloth). I still have about half a bottle of each.

I'm currently deciding between a Rainforest/Black Limited or Steel Graphite/Beige Limited -- I may end up buying one in a couple hours. I'm really having a difficult time deciding between the the two. They are identically equipped. External color looks almost identical on a bright cloudy day. I have older kids, so not worried as much about keeping the interior clean.

But of the two beige interiors I looked at at the dealership, both had under 20 miles on them, yet the driver's door pull handle, which is beige, looked dirty on both of them. Plus one vehicle had black scuff marks from a shoe on the lower portion of the door. It made me think if it looks this way in 20 miles, what is it going to look like with hundreds and thousands of miles on it?

I've got to make a decision in a couple hours, and not sure which one to go with. Pros/cons of each are about even. Black seats are nice on a sunny winter day. Any car is going to be hot in summer with the windows closed -- I usually put up a sunshade. The seats have heating and cooling, so the temperature isn't a big deal anyway.

I drive solo a lot. Will the lighter seats/door panels reflect on the car windows during the day?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had one beige leather interior on a car in my lifetime. It did show dirt easier, it did blue from jeans, it did get scuff marks easier. None of this was permanent, it would clean up nicely and I feel it would last as long as any other interior. For me, I just didn't like the hassle of added cleaning, so haven't ever bought one again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I will likely be officially joining the club in a few weeks, assuming we can work out a trade. I specifically requested a Limited in either Burgundy or Black w/beige interior. I hate the hotness of the seats/interior in the summer, even though I have tinted windows and park with the tints facing the sun.

I have never regretted the lighter interiors, but I am pretty anal about my cars. The driver's seat gets a quick wipe with a damp chamois every time I wash the car, and a spritz of cleaner/conditioner 6-8 times per year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A lot of these decisions are connected to who will be riding in the car. I know that if I were going to have young kids in and out of the car a lot, I definitely don't want a light interior.
As of now, its myself, wife, and occasional passenger. The key is to keep a cleaner readily available and wipe it down more often. I usually go with the all in one McGuires clean, condition one step and it brightens everything up immediately.
There is also the fact that the seats and seat backs need the attention. Most parts of the light interior don't need any attention at all .... other than laying down a protectant once or twice a year.
From an aesthetic point of view the Palisade really looks upscale with the beige interior, and metallic trim pieces.
I've also found that the differences in leather make a difference. The finer nappa leather is nice but requires more care and you need to be more careful when rubbing away.
Some of the textures tend to hold dirt. Personally I like the stiffer leathers usually found in the middle trim models ( Sel ).

21 - 29 of 29 Posts