Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the only Limited with AWD that we can get our hands in will be a White exterior , Beige Interior. This color combo is admittedly attractive but we have 4 children ages 10 and up with two of them now in college (so really only around for road trips and holidays). They aren’t toddlers but still, I feel like it’s crazy having such a light color of leather. Why on earth, with all the other well thought out amenities did they not include a medium brown or med gray interior? I’m also worried about interior doors just becoming unsightly over time. My kids are decently respectful of property but there are carpools, friends, over time wear and tear. So please convince me this isn’t crazy. Paying a bunch of money for covers seems strange too when we really like sitting on leather. Our existing car is about to die so waiting it out will be tough, we would have to switch to different model

·
Registered
662 Posts
Talk to a good professional detailer (not your dealer, who will try to sell you crappy products) about some interior treatments. With good protection, the leather will hold up great and come clean easy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response! I like the sound of that but it sounds too good to be true. Do you have first hand experience with this? Door panels too? I’m not even sure what material that it is on the doors as I’m only in the down payment on the car process.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I don't have first hand experience with the palisade beige interior, however, my Volvo has their even lighter "blonde" interior. With good treatment on the seats, it is very easy to keep clean. It will require a bit more maintenance to keep looking good, as stuff is more visible than on black, but you can treat it so it is easy to clean up. Generally the leather is easy to keep clean. Carpets are the one that take a bit more effort, as stuff can get ground in, so maybe consider some of the all weather floor mats.

Just don't fall for the dealer trying to sell you their protectant material. Get it done right by someone who actually uses quality products.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It looks like the only Limited with AWD that we can get our hands in will be a White exterior , Beige Interior. This color combo is admittedly attractive but we have 4 children ages 10 and up with two of them now in college (so really only around for road trips and holidays). They aren’t toddlers but still, I feel like it’s crazy having such a light color of leather. Why on earth, with all the other well thought out amenities did they not include a medium brown or med gray interior? I’m also worried about interior doors just becoming unsightly over time. My kids are decently respectful of property but there are carpools, friends, over time wear and tear. So please convince me this isn’t crazy. Paying a bunch of money for covers seems strange too when we really like sitting on leather. Our existing car is about to die so waiting it out will be tough, we would have to switch to different model
I have the beige interior and got the protection for the leather. I have had the car 4 3 months and it still looks and smells brand new. No Kids though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I read on one of these Palisade forums about someone asking how to get the color transfer from blue jeans out of the beige interior. I really wanted a white Limited with the beige interior, but the dealer happened to have one with the black interior, and I am not sorry.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I read on one of these Palisade forums about someone asking how to get the color transfer from blue jeans out of the beige interior. I really wanted a white Limited with the beige interior, but the dealer happened to have one with the black interior, and I am not sorry.
Dye transfer from blue jeans is very typical on light colored leathers. With proper pretreatment and the right cleaners, it comes right off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree with saxman - with proper treatment the beige interior isn't a problem. I have a limited with the beige interior and haven't had the blue jean transfer problem, but did rub some of the dye off my belt onto the seats. I used a cleaner and conditioner kit from Chemical Guys and it cleaned up without much effort. To me the light interior makes it easier to see the dirt so I can clean it, whereas the dark interior hides it. We do have dogs so I'm looking for seat covers for the 2nd row. My last two cars had black interiors and I swore I would never buy another black interior. It just gets too darn hot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The treatments are a good idea. However, a good quality detailing twice a year will keep the interior in great shape. Spring and fall. At $200 per detail, you would probably get that back on a trade-in in 4-5 years. Have done this with all my vehicles over the years. Seems to work for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry forgot to mention. I do have a black Palisade with beige interior. Wasnt my first choice,but could not get burgundy with beige interior unless I waited for 3 months

·
Registered
47 Posts
Getting the windows tinted (especially the windshield) with some high quality, ir blocking ceramic tint helps out with this a whole lot.
The windows were tinted. It was a Lexus pre-owned, the guy that had it before me lived in Palm Springs so he did everything possible to keep the heat out. He even had a 10" portion of the windshield tinted at the top. Not exactly legal but apparently in Palm Springs they overlook things like this. I agree that it probably made a difference but I decided I could still do the tinting with a light colored interior.

·
Registered
662 Posts
The windows were tinted. It was a Lexus pre-owned, the guy that had it before me lived in Palm Springs so he did everything possible to keep the heat out. He even had a 10" portion of the windshield tinted at the top. Not exactly legal but apparently in Palm Springs they overlook things like this. I agree that it probably made a difference but I decided I could still do the tinting with a light colored interior.
Not all tints are created equal. Some let significantly more infrared through than others. But yes, you can do the same with lighter interiors and it'll be better.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I dislike the darkness of a black interior, so the choice of beige was really easy for me....yeah, the darkness hides dirt and scuffs...also other stuff....leather is relatively easy to clean, but I could understand not wanting the beige in cloth seats...I will just wipe down my Limited a couple times a year as the marks appear...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dislike the darkness of a black interior, so the choice of beige was really easy for me....yeah, the darkness hides dirt and scuffs...also other stuff....leather is relatively easy to clean, but I could understand not wanting the beige in cloth seats...I will just wipe down my Limited a couple times a year as the marks appear...
True, the leather shouldn’t show as much dirt, I’m worried about the door panels and things but hopefully, with maintenance, and good cleaners, it should be okay.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The beige interior just feels bigger and roomier to me. And it heats up a lot less. We've had a CX-9 with beige interior with 3 small kids and while it does take a bit more work to keep the seats looking clean, it hasn't really been an issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Go for it ....it's not so tough .....just make sure your wife doesn't spill hot coffee on the seat and do nothing about it.....Lol .....yeah that cost me about $700 back in 2006 in my Kia Sorento...!!! ???

Seriously though ...
Get some Guardsman Leather Renew and Protect and get it on the surfaces ASAP...!!
Get a protectant down before the spill and you have a very good chance of cleaning it up.
Guardsman also makes a wet while pack you can keep in the glove compartment for emergencies.
And by the way .....The beige really looks rich.....gotta tell ya ...!!!?

·
Registered
13 Posts
No ...... You only need a coating on a shammy and work it in ...
Never apply anything directly to the leather . Don't saturate the leather.
After multiple applications when you clean you'll build up some protection against some spills .....
Anything HOT ....get it off Immediately!!! It will melt into the leather...
Some stains will be easier to get off than others ..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts