Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given there seems to be no "undo" how, does one know if they have the correct download? From HYUNDAI NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE > Notifications the Palisade is not even listed (it was yesterday when I started this email). Following the prompts then (yesterday May 12th) I downloaded "something" by selecting only the 2020-22 Palisade from the drop down under search by Vehicle from the Navigator Updater program. Search by software version would only show
Standard Gen5W Navigation Software version shown is LX2.CAN.S5W_M.V008.001.220504 and not mine LX2.CAN.D2V.003.100.210628. So, bottom line I have this but am unsure if it is the right one:
Font Screenshot Number Terrestrial plant Document

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
331 Posts
Given there seems to be no "undo" how, does one know if they have the correct download? From HYUNDAI NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE > Notifications the Palisade is not even listed (it was yesterday when I started this email). Following the prompts then (yesterday May 12th) I downloaded "something" by selecting only the 2020-22 Palisade from the drop down under search by Vehicle from the Navigator Updater program. Search by software version would only show
Standard Gen5W Navigation Software version shown is LX2.CAN.S5W_M.V008.001.220504 and not mine LX2.CAN.D2V.003.100.210628. So, bottom line I have this but am unsure if it is the right one:
View attachment 6362
Your screenshot shows the navigation update. Unless you’ve gotten a different Palisade, you don’t have navigation. That’s not your update.

This is the one you want to do. Download the file, unzip it, get another zip file. Put that on your USB stick. It will improve your wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (and that’s pretty much it).

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your screenshot shows the navigation update. Unless you’ve gotten a different Palisade, you don’t have navigation. That’s not your update.

This is the one you want to do. Download the file, unzip it, get another zip file. Put that on your USB stick. It will improve your wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (and that’s pretty much it).
Thanks. Sad to hear it only improves what I don't have trouble with. My wireless has never failed.. yet, so perhaps this update is not worth doing. Was kinda hoping for some added features, or making the current ones somewhat better.

·
Registered
3 Posts

What is the password for the Zip file ?

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
331 Posts
What is the password for the Zip file ?
There is no password. The zip file you get when you extract the first zip file is what you put on the USB.

But, remember that update is for non-navigation systems (8”). And also note that I linked the Canada site because the person I was replying to was Canadian.

Reactions: Ralph6410

·
Super Moderator
2,397 Posts
Not sure how mac works but if you have windows 10 or windows 11
It is very easy first read the owners manual so you know what screen you have.
If you have a myhyundai account, just log in go to the update section
download the updater to your computer. Insert the usb drive before you start
after starting the updater select the usb drive for where the update should be loaded to
when it is done the usb is ready to do the update in the palisade.
No need to load to computer , unzip and all that crap. windows will do it all for you
saves making mistakes.I've done 5 updates this way now and never had a problem
read before you click

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
331 Posts
Not sure how mac works but if you have windows 10 or windows 11
It is very easy first read the owners manual so you know what screen you have.
If you have a myhyundai account, just log in go to the update section
download the updater to your computer. Insert the usb drive before you start
after starting the updater select the usb drive for where the update should be loaded to
when it is done the usb is ready to do the update in the palisade.
No need to load to computer , unzip and all that crap. windows will do it all for you
saves making mistakes.I've done 5 updates this way now and never had a problem
read before you click
Just note that the original poster on this thread requires the update for non-navigation systems. That one does not involve using the navigation updater program (different system, totally different process). It is a direct download from the Display Audio update page. That file needs to be unzipped, but it gets you another zip file. That one is not unzipped. You just put it on the USB.

These software updates really aren’t that difficult. But they are complicated by people who don’t know what they’re doing and trying to perform updates not intended for their system. People with nav try to do the non-nav update. People who don’t have nav try to do the nav update. The bottom line really is to stop and think about what system is yours, and look at the information. Does it match your system?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just note that the original poster on this thread requires the update for non-navigation systems. That one does not involve using the navigation updater program (different system, totally different process). It is a direct download from the Display Audio update page. That file needs to be unzipped, but it gets you another zip file. That one is not unzipped. You just put it on the USB.

These software updates really aren’t that difficult. But they are complicated by people who don’t know what they’re doing and trying to perform updates not intended for their system. People with nav try to do the non-nav update. People who don’t have nav try to do the nav update. The bottom line really is to stop and think about what system is yours, and look at the information. Does it match your system?
One would think.. The process should start with inputting your VIN, that would eliminate all the "what do I have..." Give you an option as to where to save the file.. and send it as "one" zipped file. And then.. be clear as to how to install it. there are a ton of questions about.. keep car running.. keep car parked but ignition in ACC mode.. don't matter. And... why it should take hours to download is beyond me.. it is "just" a zipped file after all.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
546 Posts
For those of us with Nav if you sign in with your MyHundai password then it already knows what you have and gives the the correct download. I don't know if those with the lower trims have that option.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD, Sierra Burgundy/gray
41 Posts
For those of us with Nav if you sign in with your MyHundai password then it already knows what you have and gives the the correct download. I don't know if those with the lower trims have that option.
Unfortunately for me, I receive the following message when I log on to the updater. Hyundai customer service is not of any help.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Multimedia Electric blue

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It "seems" that the MyHundai club is exclusive for USA members only. After filling in all the blanks I was stopped at the zipcode question.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And then.. be clear as to how to install it. there are a ton of questions about.. keep car running.. keep car parked but ignition in ACC mode.. don't matter.
Someplace I found this.. but is it the same silly thing that annoys you while listening to the radio on ACC.
Font Brand Circle Art Paper product

Only saving the battery? must be some demanding update.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks. Sad to hear it only improves what I don't have trouble with. My wireless has never failed.. yet, so perhaps this update is not worth doing. Was kinda hoping for some added features, or making the current ones somewhat better.
I love the ride on my 2021 Palisades Limited and that's as far as it goes. The navigation and electronics stink. I traded in my Ford Flex which had wonderful navigation and electronics but they don't make it anymore so I bought the Palisades instead of the Explorer. I'm on vacation and just rented a Chevy Equinox which has a fabulous system Road assist backup camera front and back monitoring everything on this cheapy little Equinox is far superior to my $50,000 Palisades Limited. Talk to my wife and will most likely trade in my Palisades and buy something else when we return home. Very very very disappointed in Hyundai and like you say the updates don't take care of anything that's needed to be taken care of

1 - 19 of 19 Posts