Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok, well you prove my point as I've been saying the Telluride is $2000 more SX to SEL Loaded. Sure, it sucks you have to go up to the Limited to get some of the same options on the SX but then again the SX is the top Telluride. Prestige only adds a few more items which some are standard on the Limited and others on the Calligraphy. If you compare the SX Prestige to Limited then its a whopping $95 difference. Sure you get power folding mirrors with the Telluride but you get a digital instrument panel, ambient lighting (another add-on for Telluride, not std) and 3rd row power folding seats for the Palisade. It also appears both base models are very close in options with the Palisade SE being a mere $300 more.

Sorry, but I disagree with the more "bang" for your buck with the Kia.
ambient lighting is standard on Telluride SX and above.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok copy, I see it now. Not sure what the extra $450 for the interior light kit is then. Does that just add more strips around the console? I do wish the Palisade had more than just the door panels.
Yeah, I've seen that too... I think it adds some lights in the footwell as well as the cup holders... that's about all I could tell. Seems like not much for $450, but to each his own :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
blutob2 & stecky - great job in your replies. You both kept to the facts and your opinions without offending or attacking the other. Everything was informative. You both get gold stars. ⭐⭐
Have a great day!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yep... and it's missing a dual sunroof, fog lights, 12-way power driver seat, thigh extension, ventilated front seats, blind-spot view, mood lighting, and surround view... all of which come standard on the Telluride at roughly the same MSRP.
To get those it would have required a bump up to the Limited model. The extra roughly $2,500 wasn't worth it to me, and I wanted the 2nd row bench seat that I couldn't get on the Limited.
Bob

·
Registered
20 Posts
blutob2 & stecky - great job in your replies. You both kept to the facts and your opinions without offending or attacking the other. Everything was informative. You both get gold stars. ⭐⭐
Have a great day!
Thanks... there is nothing on this forum that is worth attacking someone over... lol. We have a philosophy at work that I try to live by.

Charitable Assumption - Beginning every interaction with the assumption that the person you are speaking with is being genuine and forthcoming. More than just assuming the best in a person, it’s somewhere in between “give the benefit of the doubt” and “better to be a sucker than a jerk.”

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am still undecided between the Telluride and the Palisade, but here are my thoughts so far (many of these are subjective):
  • Exterior aesthetic - Telluride wins this one hands down imo. The front end in particular is simple and yet it makes a statement. "I'm an SUV and I know it" The Palisade (along with many luxury SUV's) is trying too hard to be "different". I'm all for unique looks and standing out in a crowd, but that can't be the end goal. Different just for the sake of being different is not good enough. The Palisade reminds me of the old Chrysler 500 (not a good thing), but the weird placement of the headlights makes it worse.
  • Interior aesthetic - This is more evenly matched imo. I like the steering wheel and center storage better on the Palisade and the infotainment screen placement and leather style better on the Telluride. The tablet style screen seems more modern. Integrating it and the instrument cluster into a single piece makes it feel dated. On the leather, I am not a fan of the quilted look.
  • Interior colors - If you like the traditional black, gray, or a light beige then this one doesn't really matter, but imo a medium to dark brown adds a premium feel so Telluride wins.
  • Value - I've seen several reviews that state that one is a better value over the other, but it really depends on what price point you are talking about. If you want a fully-loaded model then the Palisade costs about $1200 less. I am looking at the next step down which would be the SX trim (without the Prestige package) in the Telluride and the SEL (with Premium package) in the Palisade. The Palisade is about $1500 cheaper, but there are some definite trade-offs between the two. I have highlighted some of the differences below:
    FeatureTelluride SXPalisade SEL w/ PremiumWinnerNotes
    Self-Leveling SuspensionOptStdPalisadeCould affect ride quality
    Tilt-down MirrorsStdStdTieNot important to me
    SunroofDualSingleTellurideNice to have, but not necessary
    Fog LightsStdN/ATellurideNot something I think about until I need it
    Power Driver Seat12-way10-wayTellurideNot sure how much difference this makes
    Thigh ExtensionStdN/ATellurideAs a person with long legs this is important to me
    Ventilated Front SeatsStdN/ATellurideLiving in the south this would be nice
    Power Folding 3rd RowN/AStdPalisadeDon't care that much about this
    Gear ShifterTraditional LeverPush ButtonTieI much prefer a lever, but the push buttons give you more storage
    Stainless-steel PedalsStdN/ATellurideDon't care that much about this
    Cluster Display7"7"TieI really love the full digital dash in the Limited and above, but I just can't bring myself to pay the extra $ just for that.
    Blind-Spot ViewStdN/ATellurideCool, but not absolutely necessary
    Mood LightingStdN/ATellurideCool, but not necessary
    Surround ViewStdN/ATellurideThis is important to me
    MPG (combined)2322Telluride1mpg difference really is nothing
    Anti-Rust Warranty5yrs7yrsPalisadeIn the south and not near the ocean this is not that important
    Included Maintenance0yrs3yrsPalisadeMax value $500?
  • One thing I find really frustrating in both models is that wireless phone projection is available in the lower trims, but is deleted in the upper trims
Might also consider the BlueLink services (Connected Care, Remote and Guidance). Hyundai provides 3 years for free, I think Telluride only gets one year (at least the 2020s were one year). If the services are important to you that's about a $600 value. After owning my Palisade Limited for over a year the only thing I miss is the folding mirrors. What made the Telluride a no-go for me was our local (and only) Kia dealer sucks. Regardless either is a great car and you will enjoy it. Just check the dealer reputation.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
123 Posts
In my opinion $2000 is worth it to get dual sunroofs, fog lights, 12-way power driver seat, thigh extension, ventilated front seats, blind-spot view, mood lighting, and surround view, but I wouldn't pay an additional $2000 - $3000 for the few extras that come with either the SX Prestige package or the Palisade Limited trim. Even though the digital instrument cluster is a big draw for me, I just can't see paying $3000 for it (since the other extras don't interest me).
This is a great break down. When we bought our loaded SEL, we did the same when figuring the differences with the SEL and the Limited. We were limited (;) ) to the SEL because we wanted the bench seat, but we also really looked at the Limited and what it offered to make sure that it wasn't worth it to do captain's chairs to get the Limited. The Limited was about $4500 more than the loaded SEL and really only had two things we'd truly want (the surround view camera and the blind spot camera) and that wasn't worth $4500 to us. So I totally like how you laid out what the costs were and whether or not the cost differences were worth it to you.

That said, finding a Telly for MSRP is going to be much harder than finding a Pali for a discount is. It might still be worth it to you, but it might end up being a great difference in pricing that simply going by the MSRP.
(We would have been stuck at an EX without Prestige in the Telly since we wanted the bench seat. The loaded SEL had way more, for a greater price as well, than the EX and it really fit our needs more. Also, the Kia dealers around us were awful, awful, awful.)

That that said, you really can't go wrong with either one. I'm sure once you get your car (and I am betting it'll be the Kia ;) ), you're going to be very pleased with your choice. We wouldn't trade our Palisade for a Telluride and I think most folks who decide on the Kia wouldn't trade for the Hyundai.
Have a great day!
I agree.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All these posts comparing MSRPs are fun theoretical exercises. Where in the country exactly are people just walking in an picking out the Telluride SX they want and paying MSRP. Around here it's at least a 5K markup for an SX, hidden in things like "appearance package", and you certainly won't be looking through several options to see what color combo you like best.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts