Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yep, as I said further up, if you want a fully loaded model then the Palisade can actually be a bit of a better value, but if you want some of the higher end features, but not all of them, then (at least at the price point I am looking at) the Telluride is better.
Here is my window sticker. 2021 SEL FWD with Premium, Convenience and Cargo packages. I paid $40,600 +TTL. Stockton Hyundai in Northern California.

Bob
Palisade Window Sticker_LI.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here is my window sticker. 2021 SEL FWD with Premium, Convenience and Cargo packages. I paid $40,600 +TTL. Stockton Hyundai in Northern California.

Bob
View attachment 2938
Yep... and it's missing a dual sunroof, fog lights, 12-way power driver seat, thigh extension, ventilated front seats, blind-spot view, mood lighting, and surround view... all of which come standard on the Telluride at roughly the same MSRP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am still undecided between the Telluride and the Palisade, but here are my thoughts so far (many of these are subjective):
  • Exterior aesthetic - Telluride wins this one hands down imo. The front end in particular is simple and yet it makes a statement. "I'm an SUV and I know it" The Palisade (along with many luxury SUV's) is trying too hard to be "different". I'm all for unique looks and standing out in a crowd, but that can't be the end goal. Different just for the sake of being different is not good enough. The Palisade reminds me of the old Chrysler 500 (not a good thing), but the weird placement of the headlights makes it worse.
  • Interior aesthetic - This is more evenly matched imo. I like the steering wheel and center storage better on the Palisade and the infotainment screen placement and leather style better on the Telluride. The tablet style screen seems more modern. Integrating it and the instrument cluster into a single piece makes it feel dated. On the leather, I am not a fan of the quilted look.
  • Interior colors - If you like the traditional black, gray, or a light beige then this one doesn't really matter, but imo a medium to dark brown adds a premium feel so Telluride wins.
  • Value - I've seen several reviews that state that one is a better value over the other, but it really depends on what price point you are talking about. If you want a fully-loaded model then the Palisade costs about $1200 less. I am looking at the next step down which would be the SX trim (without the Prestige package) in the Telluride and the SEL (with Premium package) in the Palisade. The Palisade is about $1500 cheaper, but there are some definite trade-offs between the two. I have highlighted some of the differences below:
    FeatureTelluride SXPalisade SEL w/ PremiumWinnerNotes
    Self-Leveling SuspensionOptStdPalisadeCould affect ride quality
    Tilt-down MirrorsStdStdTieNot important to me
    SunroofDualSingleTellurideNice to have, but not necessary
    Fog LightsStdN/ATellurideNot something I think about until I need it
    Power Driver Seat12-way10-wayTellurideNot sure how much difference this makes
    Thigh ExtensionStdN/ATellurideAs a person with long legs this is important to me
    Ventilated Front SeatsStdN/ATellurideLiving in the south this would be nice
    Power Folding 3rd RowN/AStdPalisadeDon't care that much about this
    Gear ShifterTraditional LeverPush ButtonTieI much prefer a lever, but the push buttons give you more storage
    Stainless-steel PedalsStdN/ATellurideDon't care that much about this
    Cluster Display7"7"TieI really love the full digital dash in the Limited and above, but I just can't bring myself to pay the extra $ just for that.
    Blind-Spot ViewStdN/ATellurideCool, but not absolutely necessary
    Mood LightingStdN/ATellurideCool, but not necessary
    Surround ViewStdN/ATellurideThis is important to me
    MPG (combined)2322Telluride1mpg difference really is nothing
    Anti-Rust Warranty5yrs7yrsPalisadeIn the south and not near the ocean this is not that important
    Included Maintenance0yrs3yrsPalisadeMax value $500?
  • One thing I find really frustrating in both models is that wireless phone projection is available in the lower trims, but is deleted in the upper trims
I have no idea where you got your information but several things on your table are wrong.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Yep... and it's missing a dual sunroof, fog lights, 12-way power driver seat, thigh extension, ventilated front seats, blind-spot view, mood lighting, and surround view... all of which come standard on the Telluride at roughly the same MSRP.
I don't know how it is where you live, but here you can't get a Telly. You can order one and wait 3-6 months. Just saying.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know how it is where you live, but here you can't get a Telly. You can order one and wait 3-6 months. Just saying.
Yep... same here too. I'm simply trying to do an apples-to-apples, all-other-things-being-equal comparison. I realize that the Palisade can be had for a discount and that they are readily available, but since I am in no hurry and can take my time to decide, these factors are less important to me.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
63 Posts
I have no idea where you got your information but several things on your table are wrong.
It actually looks right... make sure you realize the models he’s comparing.

The Telluride SX (non-Prestige) is ~$2000 more than a loaded Palisade SEL, but is still~$3000 less than a Palisade Limited.

Ultimately it depends on what you’re valuing the most, the deal you get, or product availability.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
123 Posts
It actually looks right... make sure you realize the models he’s comparing.

The Telluride SX (non-Prestige) is ~$2000 more than a loaded Palisade SEL, but is still~$3000 less than a Palisade Limited.

Ultimately it depends on what you’re valuing the most, the deal you get, or product availability.
You can't compare just the Telluride SX to the Palisade Limited.

The Palisade Limited AWD is $48,010. The only Telluride trim that compares is the SX Prestige which is $47,915. The Prestige package is the only thing you can compare to the Limited and Calligraphy, not just the SX. And to get the Telluride Prestige you have to add AWD to the Telluride. But the only way to get the HUD and ventilated 2nd row is the Prestige and Limited. You can't compare it to the SE. And then you get the digital instrument cluster with the Pali Limited which isn't offered at all in the Telluride. So what am I missing in your comparison?

I did tons of research on both, drove both, built both but ultimately decided to go with the Palisade. The interior is more classy and the front end I actually like better. To me, the DRLs just make it stand out compared to the orange box lights of the Telluride which actually makes it appear as a GMC.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Exactly... It's what I've been saying, and AGAIN why the auto media picks Telly over Pali... Get over it (not you, the pro-Pali people)...

But it boils down to each own's preference...

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
123 Posts
Exactly... It's what I've been saying, and AGAIN why the auto media picks Telly over Pali... Get over it (not you, the pro-Pali people)...

But it boils down to each own's preference...
But it's not roughly the same MSRP, The Telluride SX is almost $2000 more at $43,715 while fully loaded SEL is $41,860. Not sure why people keep comparing these 2 trims.

But yes absolutely up to the person and their preferences. We were in love with the Telluride until we actually drove both and we changed our minds and went with the Pali. The Telluride is in no doubt, very nice but it's still tough to compare the 2. Too many different options and the Trims don't match.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can't compare just the Telluride SX to the Palisade Limited.
I'm not trying to. I'm comparing "just the Telluride SX" to the Palisade SEL with Premium package.

The Palisade Limited AWD is $48,010. The only Telluride trim that compares is the SX Prestige which is $47,915. The Prestige package is the only thing you can compare to the Limited and Calligraphy, not just the SX. And to get the Telluride Prestige you have to add AWD to the Telluride. But the only way to get the HUD and ventilated 2nd row is the Prestige and Limited.
Agreed... no argument here

You can't compare it to the SE. And then you get the digital instrument cluster with the Pali Limited which isn't offered at all in the Telluride. So what am I missing in your comparison?
Again... The Pali Limited is no where in my comparison save for a comment about the nice instrument cluster

I did tons of research on both, drove both, built both but ultimately decided to go with the Palisade. The interior is more classy and the front end I actually like better. To me, the DRLs just make it stand out compared to the orange box lights of the Telluride which actually makes it appear as a GMC.
Cool... no one is trying to change your mind. I personally like the tail lights on the Palisade better than the Telly, but the front end of the Telly wins hands down in my opinion.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
123 Posts
So how would you compare them?
You can't, that's my point. It's apples and oranges. I just think your comment regarding it's roughly the same MSRP is false. Telluride is $2000 more so you can't throw down with several options that are std on the Telluride and not on the Pali SEL when it's $2k difference. Only way to really compare unfortunately is the top level trims where the options start to become std on both and even there I would argue the Pali wins with the digital instrument cluster. But once again it's a personal preference.

But yeah if you have a max price you're willing to pay then that's the decision you have to make regarding which options you enjoy more. And I can see it being a harder decision as you move down a trim level or so because the options are different on both models.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can't, that's my point. It's apples and oranges.
Sorry, but I had to chuckle a bit when reading this. You say you can't compare them, yet according to your own words that's exactly what you did. :LOL:

We were in love with the Telluride until we actually drove both and we changed our minds and went with the Pali.
I get what you are saying, but people are going to compare them even if the comparison isn't perfect. That's how people make up their mind.

In my opinion $2000 is worth it to get dual sunroofs, fog lights, 12-way power driver seat, thigh extension, ventilated front seats, blind-spot view, mood lighting, and surround view, but I wouldn't pay an additional $2000 - $3000 for the few extras that come with either the SX Prestige package or the Palisade Limited trim. Even though the digital instrument cluster is a big draw for me, I just can't see paying $3000 for it (since the other extras don't interest me).

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
123 Posts
Sorry, but I had to chuckle a bit when reading this. You say you can't compare them, yet according to your own words that's exactly what you did. :LOL:

I get what you are saying, but people are going to compare them even if the comparison isn't perfect. That's how people make up their mind.

In my opinion $2000 is worth it to get dual sunroofs, fog lights, 12-way power driver seat, thigh extension, ventilated front seats, blind-spot view, mood lighting, and surround view, but I wouldn't pay an additional $2000 - $3000 for the few extras that come with either the SX Prestige package or the Palisade Limited trim. Even though the digital instrument cluster is a big draw for me, I just can't see paying $3000 for it (since the other extras don't interest me).
Nope, I didn't compare the SX and SEL, I simply stated the Telluride is $2000 more. You might want to reread my above comments because the ONLY comparison I made was the price difference. You made the comment about "roughly same MSRP" and I disagreed because $2000 is not roughly same in my mind. If you want to compare at a similar price level, then the SX Prestige and Limited AWD is as close as you can get.

You've obviously made up your mind and I honestly don't care. I'm happy to give you feedback on what I've experienced on the Palisade and comparisons to my test drive with the Telluride but after the test drives, we changed our mind. Like I already said, Telluride is a great vehicle and I'm convinced we would have been more than happy with that model too. But price wasn't an issue and comparing the top of the line trims, I felt like I got more features with the Palisade.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am still undecided between the Telluride and the Palisade, but here are my thoughts so far (many of these are subjective):
  • Exterior aesthetic - Telluride wins this one hands down imo. The front end in particular is simple and yet it makes a statement. "I'm an SUV and I know it" The Palisade (along with many luxury SUV's) is trying too hard to be "different". I'm all for unique looks and standing out in a crowd, but that can't be the end goal. Different just for the sake of being different is not good enough. The Palisade reminds me of the old Chrysler 500 (not a good thing), but the weird placement of the headlights makes it worse.
  • Interior aesthetic - This is more evenly matched imo. I like the steering wheel and center storage better on the Palisade and the infotainment screen placement and leather style better on the Telluride. The tablet style screen seems more modern. Integrating it and the instrument cluster into a single piece makes it feel dated. On the leather, I am not a fan of the quilted look.
  • Interior colors - If you like the traditional black, gray, or a light beige then this one doesn't really matter, but imo a medium to dark brown adds a premium feel so Telluride wins.
  • Value - I've seen several reviews that state that one is a better value over the other, but it really depends on what price point you are talking about. If you want a fully-loaded model then the Palisade costs about $1200 less. I am looking at the next step down which would be the SX trim (without the Prestige package) in the Telluride and the SEL (with Premium package) in the Palisade. The Palisade is about $1500 cheaper, but there are some definite trade-offs between the two. I have highlighted some of the differences below:
    FeatureTelluride SXPalisade SEL w/ PremiumWinnerNotes
    Self-Leveling SuspensionOptStdPalisadeCould affect ride quality
    Tilt-down MirrorsStdStdTieNot important to me
    SunroofDualSingleTellurideNice to have, but not necessary
    Fog LightsStdN/ATellurideNot something I think about until I need it
    Power Driver Seat12-way10-wayTellurideNot sure how much difference this makes
    Thigh ExtensionStdN/ATellurideAs a person with long legs this is important to me
    Ventilated Front SeatsStdN/ATellurideLiving in the south this would be nice
    Power Folding 3rd RowN/AStdPalisadeDon't care that much about this
    Gear ShifterTraditional LeverPush ButtonTieI much prefer a lever, but the push buttons give you more storage
    Stainless-steel PedalsStdN/ATellurideDon't care that much about this
    Cluster Display7"7"TieI really love the full digital dash in the Limited and above, but I just can't bring myself to pay the extra $ just for that.
    Blind-Spot ViewStdN/ATellurideCool, but not absolutely necessary
    Mood LightingStdN/ATellurideCool, but not necessary
    Surround ViewStdN/ATellurideThis is important to me
    MPG (combined)2322Telluride1mpg difference really is nothing
    Anti-Rust Warranty5yrs7yrsPalisadeIn the south and not near the ocean this is not that important
    Included Maintenance0yrs3yrsPalisadeMax value $500?
  • One thing I find really frustrating in both models is that wireless phone projection is available in the lower trims, but is deleted in the upper trims
If you cannot decide between the cars, then visit both dealerships. Sometimes the difference will blow your mind. See how customers are treated when they pull into the service drive. That might make your mind up easily enough. Talk with the parts departments at both places as well. Ask for a price on a tow hitch or some accessory for your new Palisade or Telluride. Afterall, these will be the people you have to deal with for the next few years.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nope, I didn't compare the SX and SEL, I simply stated the Telluride is $2000 more. You might want to reread my above comments because the ONLY comparison I made was the price difference.
It was just a joke... I meant nothing by it. You made the comment that you drove both so I was just pointing out that you had, in fact, compared them (in person)

You've obviously made up your mind and I honestly don't care. I'm happy to give you feedback on what I've experienced on the Palisade and comparisons to my test drive with the Telluride but after the test drives, we changed our mind. Like I already said, Telluride is a great vehicle and I'm convinced we would have been more than happy with that model too. But price wasn't an issue and comparing the top of the line trims, I felt like I got more features with the Palisade.
Totally agree and I have already said previously that Palisade is a better deal at the top trim levels.

I thought I had made myself clear in previous posts, but just to set the record straight. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind or say that the Telly is better than the Pali. I was simply trying to include my two cents in the conversation and show how I compare them. That is all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you cannot decide between the cars, then visit both dealerships. Sometimes the difference will blow your mind. See how customers are treated when they pull into the service drive. That might make your mind up easily enough. Talk with the parts departments at both places as well. Ask for a price on a tow hitch or some accessory for your new Palisade or Telluride. Afterall, these will be the people you have to deal with for the next few years.
Those are good points. Fortunately for me I live in a large metropolitan area so if I don't like how a dealership treats me, there is always another one just down the road. There are about 14 kia dealerships in my area and about 12 hyundai dealerships

·
Registered
108 Posts
Winner!

Remember it's a kia... 😆

And for @blutob2 ... You don't compare price to price, you compare what you get at that price versus what the other gets at a similar price.

Auto media knows the industry... You get more "bang" for your buck with the Kia, which is why they recommend it more, or "it wins" in comparisons...

Like with a Vizio TV versus Samsung... Oh here we go... 🙄

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
123 Posts
Winner!

Remember it's a kia... 😆

And for @blutob2 ... You don't compare price to price, you compare what you get at that price versus what the other gets at a similar price.

Auto media knows the industry... You get more "bang" for your buck with the Kia, which is why they recommend it more, or "it wins" in comparisons...

Like with a Vizio TV versus Samsung... Oh here we go... 🙄
Ok, well you prove my point as I've been saying the Telluride is $2000 more SX to SEL Loaded. Sure, it sucks you have to go up to the Limited to get some of the same options on the SX but then again the SX is the top Telluride. Prestige only adds a few more items which some are standard on the Limited and others on the Calligraphy. If you compare the SX Prestige to Limited then its a whopping $95 difference. Sure you get power folding mirrors with the Telluride but you get a digital instrument panel, ambient lighting (another add-on for Telluride, not std) and 3rd row power folding seats for the Palisade. It also appears both base models are very close in options with the Palisade SE being a mere $300 more.

Sorry, but I disagree with the more "bang" for your buck with the Kia.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts