Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
You get more and pay less.
But you really don't. The telluride and the palisade are very comparably priced from an msrp standpoint. Yah, the trims stagger a little bit, and you may get more of one feature and less of another at a certain price point, but there really isn't a clear value winner between the two.

Well, until you start shopping, and realize that generally, you can get a much better deal on a palisade than a telluride. Actual market value makes the palisade the clear value winner between the two.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited
52 Posts
Not exactly. There is no perfect comparison because the trims are structured different so i picked the closest based on price point

Yep, and it's priced about $3000 higher than the Telluride SX

From what I have seen the USA assembly plant seems to be doing a better job than the Korean one. Everyone here is talking about weird smells, squeaks, rattles, and wind noise. Go take a look over at the Telluride forum. You won't find those complaints (or much of any complaints) over there.

Me too
I paid $46,800 for my Limited.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Unless things have changed in the last few month, When I was looking for an SUV the KIA dealers had no Tellys and if they did you where paying way over MSRP. Pali dealers had 10 you could choose from and they were dealing. So what's the question? Pay over MSRP and just order your Telly and hope it comes in in 3 months or pick your Pali from a line up and work a deal? Take advantage of the confusion.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Unless things have changed in the last few month, When I was looking for an SUV the KIA dealers had no Tellys and if they did you where paying way over MSRP. Pali dealers had 10 you could choose from and they were dealing. So what's the question? Pay over MSRP and just order your Telly and hope it comes in in 3 months or pick your Pali from a line up and work a deal? Take advantage of the confusion.
Absolutely! And I am loving it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your choice... I think I have reached my answer... I'll stick with the Telluride. Seems like the safer choice for me. Also, I'm willing to wait a few months to see if prices come down so the current market doesn't sway me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Your choice... I think I have reached my answer... I'll stick with the Telluride. Seems like the safer choice for me. Also, I'm willing to wait a few months to see if prices come down so the current market doesn't sway me.
Wonder resale values... 🤔

That also speaks to brand and market values...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wonder resale values... 🤔

That also speaks to brand and market values...
I never think about resale value because I typically keep my cars beyond 100,000 miles. I take care of them.

I don't need the latest and greatest every other year. I wanted a Telluride; but after test driving both I chose Palisade. 54,000 vs 46,876.13?

Everyone is an adult and we make our own decisions. No right or wrong.
The deal is in the eye of the beholder.

God bless 🙏

·
Super Moderator
1,274 Posts
Not exactly. There is no perfect comparison because the trims are structured different so i picked the closest based on price point

Yep, and it's priced about $3000 higher than the Telluride SX

From what I have seen the USA assembly plant seems to be doing a better job than the Korean one. Everyone here is talking about weird smells, squeaks, rattles, and wind noise. Go take a look over at the Telluride forum. You won't find those complaints (or much of any complaints) over there.

Me too
When I looked into the Telluride, by the time I added the extra's that brought it up to the features on the Palisade it was only about
a $150.00 difference.
Of course that was the 2020 vehicles, And Limited was the top edition. That had almost everything the calligraphy has except
the cosmetic differences

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I looked into the Telluride, by the time I added the extra's that brought it up to the features on the Palisade it was only about
a $150.00 difference.
Of course that was the 2020 vehicles, And Limited was the top edition. That had almost everything the calligraphy has except
the cosmetic differences
Yep, as I said further up, if you want a fully loaded model then the Palisade can actually be a bit of a better value, but if you want some of the higher end features, but not all of them, then (at least at the price point I am looking at) the Telluride is better.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yep, as I said further up, if you want a fully loaded model then the Palisade can actually be a bit of a better value, but if you want some of the higher end features, but not all of them, then (at least at the price point I am looking at) the Telluride is better.
Exactly.

That's why it wins in media coverage. Not that it's better, but it gives you more at certain price points.

They are the same, just styling, interior, and brand.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks are subjective. I might be in the minority but bth my wife and loved the way Palisade looked, much better than Telluride, especially the rear. We owned Sonata, Santa Fe, Genesis and they served us well. It was an easy decision for us and happy with our decision.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks are subjective. I might be in the minority but bth my wife and loved the way Palisade looked, much better than Telluride, especially the rear. We owned Sonata, Santa Fe, Genesis and they served us well. It was an easy decision for us and happy with our decision.
I love the way it looks also. It's a personal preference for me. There are two Telluride's, a couple of Corvette's, Jaguars, BMW's, Audi's,,and a Honda Pilot in my development.

Mt wife loves her BMW.....and I love my Palisade and any warts yet to be discovered.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I am still undecided between the Telluride and the Palisade, but here are my thoughts so far (many of these are subjective):
  • Exterior aesthetic - Telluride wins this one hands down imo. The front end in particular is simple and yet it makes a statement. "I'm an SUV and I know it" The Palisade (along with many luxury SUV's) is trying too hard to be "different". I'm all for unique looks and standing out in a crowd, but that can't be the end goal. Different just for the sake of being different is not good enough. The Palisade reminds me of the old Chrysler 500 (not a good thing), but the weird placement of the headlights makes it worse.
  • Interior aesthetic - This is more evenly matched imo. I like the steering wheel and center storage better on the Palisade and the infotainment screen placement and leather style better on the Telluride. The tablet style screen seems more modern. Integrating it and the instrument cluster into a single piece makes it feel dated. On the leather, I am not a fan of the quilted look.
  • Interior colors - If you like the traditional black, gray, or a light beige then this one doesn't really matter, but imo a medium to dark brown adds a premium feel so Telluride wins.
  • Value - I've seen several reviews that state that one is a better value over the other, but it really depends on what price point you are talking about. If you want a fully-loaded model then the Palisade costs about $1200 less. I am looking at the next step down which would be the SX trim (without the Prestige package) in the Telluride and the SEL (with Premium package) in the Palisade. The Palisade is about $1500 cheaper, but there are some definite trade-offs between the two. I have highlighted some of the differences below:
    FeatureTelluride SXPalisade SEL w/ PremiumWinnerNotes
    Self-Leveling SuspensionOptStdPalisadeCould affect ride quality
    Tilt-down MirrorsStdStdTieNot important to me
    SunroofDualSingleTellurideNice to have, but not necessary
    Fog LightsStdN/ATellurideNot something I think about until I need it
    Power Driver Seat12-way10-wayTellurideNot sure how much difference this makes
    Thigh ExtensionStdN/ATellurideAs a person with long legs this is important to me
    Ventilated Front SeatsStdN/ATellurideLiving in the south this would be nice
    Power Folding 3rd RowN/AStdPalisadeDon't care that much about this
    Gear ShifterTraditional LeverPush ButtonTieI much prefer a lever, but the push buttons give you more storage
    Stainless-steel PedalsStdN/ATellurideDon't care that much about this
    Cluster Display7"7"TieI really love the full digital dash in the Limited and above, but I just can't bring myself to pay the extra $ just for that.
    Blind-Spot ViewStdN/ATellurideCool, but not absolutely necessary
    Mood LightingStdN/ATellurideCool, but not necessary
    Surround ViewStdN/ATellurideThis is important to me
    MPG (combined)2322Telluride1mpg difference really is nothing
    Anti-Rust Warranty5yrs7yrsPalisadeIn the south and not near the ocean this is not that important
    Included Maintenance0yrs3yrsPalisadeMax value $500?
  • One thing I find really frustrating in both models is that wireless phone projection is available in the lower trims, but is deleted in the upper trims
I never think about resale value because I typically keep my cars beyond 100,000 miles. I take care of them.

I don't need the latest and greatest every other year. I wanted a Telluride; but after test driving both I chose Palisade. 54,000 vs 46,876.13?

Everyone is an adult and we make our own decisions. No right or wrong.
The deal is in the eye of the beholder.

God bless 🙏
So you ended up "with the latest and greatest"!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
But you can’t get one

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
BTW, the 2020 mid-engine Corvette has pushbutton transmission controls just like the Palisade.
[/QUOTE]
OMG, that's killing the gearheads!!!

41 - 60 of 89 Posts