Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When parking on an incline, the parking brake generally engages automatically. This really locks the Pali in place very well, with no movement after shutting down. Occasionally however it does not, like on slight inclines. Although I try to hit the parking brake every time i shut down, i will forget sometimes, like in the garage. I am surprised how much the car will roll and whatever the opposite of lurch is — how much slop is in the park setting. Ive had mostly manual transmission cars, but I’ve never had an automatic that moves this noticeably. Has anyone else noticed that? I’m hoping this isn’t a transmission problem.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
420 Posts
When parking on an incline, the parking brake generally engages automatically. This really locks the Pali in place very well, with no movement after shutting down. Occasionally however it does not, like on slight inclines. Although I try to hit the parking brake every time i shut down, i will forget sometimes, like in the garage. I am surprised how much the car will roll and whatever the opposite of lurch is — how much slop is in the park setting. Ive had mostly manual transmission cars, but I’ve never had an automatic that moves this noticeably. Has anyone else noticed that? I’m hoping this isn’t a transmission problem.
I do not notice the Pali moving hardly at all shutting down in Park.

One thing you can try is Auto Hold, it will automatically engage the parking brake every time versus you having to remember it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah I have noticed this a lot with mine. When I put in park the car does seem to roll an inch or so back and forth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts