Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just aimlessly browsing and came across yet another brand with custom molded floor/cargo liners:
https://www.smartliner-usa.com/products/smartliner-custom-fit-floor-mats-for-black-for-2020-hyundai-palisade-sa0472-se0472-c?make=31&model=308&year=1972&editpopup=1
1st row, 2nd row, and either of the two variants of cargo liners can be bought separately as well.

A bit cheaper than weathertechs, and some reviews I've came across suggest it's not quite as thick/heavy as the ubiquitous weathertechs, but still fit well and can be a cheaper alternative for those on a budget.

Also, their actual website doesn't list it, but their ebay listing does have the 3rd row, it appears:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMARTLINER-Floor-Mats-3-Rows-Cargo-Liner-Behind-2nd-Row-2020-Hyundai-Palisade-/123984019705?vxp=mtr&hash=item1cde0600f9 (with behind-2nd-row cargo liner)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMARTLINER-Floor-Mats-3-Rows-and-Cargo-Liner-Bundle-2020-Hyundai-Palisade-/133247737114?vxp=mtr&hash=item1f062f1d1a (with behind-3rd-row cargo liner)
(but only as a full set, I don't see 3rd row sold on its own on neither ebay or their main site)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yeah similar to Tux one. There all Cool but even Weather Tech one does not offer a split for 3rd row Cargo area so you can properly have one 3rd row seat down and the other up. The only one I have seen is the Premium Cargo liner from Hyundai itself which I can only find in Canada. Well and course the Carpeted one from US Hyundai. Kind of silly putting carpet over fabric. The price is right but I want something easily washed off.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the whole "split" cargo liner design is a matter of choice. With the Weathertech(-alikes), you get the raised lip/edges to really contain any spills/etc. I don't think you can have the same kind of raised edge/lip design while still keeping the "folding" or "split" design. I prefer to have the raised edges, if I had to choose one or the other, between split design vs raised edges.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Not my preference, LOL. Lucky for those with raised lip preference there many to choose from. Split or not the ones designed to protect third row and “cargo area” that also have no fold will crunch up when 3rd row is up. A larger concern then the missing split. There are of course plenty of cargo area only liners but that does nothing for back of 3rd row seats when down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you want some really nice, attractive and provide excellent protection floor liners, check out the 3D MAXpider Floor liners sold by Costco. They fit perfectly, however so far they are only available in black and for the first & 2nd row only. They provide good up-the-side protection as well. The price is quite reasonable; $169.99 CAN. for the set. Item #393507. They are less "utilitarian" looking than most brands. I purchased a set for our Ultimate model and am very pleased with them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you guys for the feedback. My husband has an account on here and I checked for this product and came across this post last week. Lets say I ordered these and just received my Smartliner floor mats and I'm absolutely in love. The quality is great and the coverage is superb. I just sold my Sienna which had WeatherTech mats and these are much better by far AND I saved money! WINNING!! What are you waiting for!?! Go buy!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thank you guys for the feedback. My husband has an account on here and I checked for this product and came across this post last week. Lets say I ordered these and just received my Smartliner floor mats and I'm absolutely in love. The quality is great and the coverage is superb. I just sold my Sienna which had WeatherTech mats and these are much better by far AND I saved money! WINNING!! What are you waiting for!?! Go buy!
Can you provide some pictures to show actual coverage? I called the company but they do not have any pictures of these installed in the Palisade. Also, did you purchase the liner to cover the 3rd row? Wondering how much coverage it has between the captains' seats for the 7-passenger configuration. Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's awesome, I'm sure we would all love to see some photos to get a better idea of the real-world product quality, fitment, etc. I'm just waiting until my budget gives me a bit more slack, but also worried these smartliners won't be as good as weathertechs which I'm normally used to. But hearing your positive feedback is reassuring.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you want some really nice, attractive and provide excellent protection floor liners, check out the 3D MAXpider Floor liners sold by Costco. They fit perfectly, however so far they are only available in black and for the first & 2nd row only. They provide good up-the-side protection as well. The price is quite reasonable; $169.99 CAN. for the set. Item #393507. They are less "utilitarian" looking than most brands. I purchased a set for our Ultimate model and am very pleased with them.
I also find the 3D maxpider Kagu series more attractive than the weathertech type mats.
Partsengine.ca sells the full set btw. Here’s the link:
https://www.partsengine.ca/u-guard-3d-kagu-maxpider-custom-fitted-floor-liners-in-black-p-54811.aspx
So far only offered in Canada.
My brother was there these past few days and purchased it for me $195USD for the full set.
Will post pictures once I get them in hand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you provide some pictures to show actual coverage? I called the company but they do not have any pictures of these installed in the Palisade. Also, did you purchase the liner to cover the 3rd row? Wondering how much coverage it has between the captains' seats for the 7-passenger configuration. Thanks!
This as good as I can get for now, hope these help. When I ordered, I called the company as well and they said they didn't have the 2nd and 3rd row one piece available yet for the 7 passenger and assured me the 2nd would fit in the meantime if I wanted to purchase, so I just purchased the 2nd in the meantime. I have two kids which drag in quite a bit of dirt and snow and need to keep my car protected for now no matter what. I'm sold on their products and for the price I have paid for this set and if I purchase the 2nd and 3rd row combination, I'm still saving money and not losing quality in the product.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's awesome, I'm sure we would all love to see some photos to get a better idea of the real-world product quality, fitment, etc. I'm just waiting until my budget gives me a bit more slack, but also worried these smartliners won't be as good as weathertechs which I'm normally used to. But hearing your positive feedback is reassuring.
Please take a look at my other reply, there's pictures there. You won't be disappointed. Hope it helps!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This as good as I can get for now, hope these help. When I ordered, I called the company as well and they said they didn't have the 2nd and 3rd row one piece available yet for the 7 passenger and assured me the 2nd would fit in the meantime if I wanted to purchase, so I just purchased the 2nd in the meantime. I have two kids which drag in quite a bit of dirt and snow and need to keep my car protected for now no matter what. I'm sold on their products and for the price I have paid for this set and if I purchase the 2nd and 3rd row combination, I'm still saving money and not losing quality in the product.
Oh these are indeed very nice looking. They come shipped "rolled" up, right? Did you have any trouble with trying to unroll it back to proper "relaxed"-state?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh these are indeed very nice looking. They come shipped "rolled" up, right? Did you have any trouble with trying to unroll it back to proper "relaxed"-state?
The trunk area came rolled in a separate box from the other two. I tried to install right away because #newtoys, however it didn't look this good so I went to the instructions which said to let them "regain their shape from shipping" so I put them in the spare bedroom overnight and installed the next day. I didn't have these issues with the passenger ones.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got my set delivered yesterday, and they're indeed very nice.

Here are some more photos for posterity --

2nd row:

3rd row:

Cargo (behind 2nd):

So brief review: I actually have the weathertech set in front row, and the smartliners are a more softer, rubbery material, as opposed to weathertech's more stiffer, plastic'y material. It's a little more "pliable" so I think that can actually be good for kinda settling and molding itself into a more "skin-tight" fit. But otherwise the fit is very good on its own. The 3rd row could be better, you can't get quite a "perfect fit", but having awkwardly shaped 3rd rows in my previous car, I think it's more due to the awkward shape and geometry than the fit itself. I get the feeling the weathertech 3rd row isn't perfect either (3rd row liners on my old CX-9 wasn't precisely perfect with weathertech either). But really, no complaints, just nitpicking. I'm very happy with these, saved a chunk of penny against weathertech. Paid maybe 2/3 the cost for like 95% quality.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How far does the 3rd row liner extend for those with captain's chairs in the middle?
I called the company two weeks ago, and according to the rep, they only had a 3rd row liner for 8-passenger vehicles, and not for the 7-passengers with captain's chairs. In other words, the liner did not extend to cover the space between the captain's chairs. I cannot tell from xerostatus' pictures how far the liner extends under the second-row bench to see if it would cover the gap if there were captain's chairs. Maybe xerostatus can confirm?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, the smartliner 3rd-row liner is more suitable for the 8-seat configuration. The middle part doesn't extend too far forward, only as far as the left and right sides which go under the seats in front.

I made an approximate sketch from the same earlier photo to show roughly how far that middle part extends to --

Here's a photo of it outside the vehicle for clearer idea (excuse my dirty carpets lol..):

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wanted to give an update from my previous purchase, I called the company today and they said they have the one piece that covers all areas for the 7 passenger vehicle available. Hopefully I'll be getting it soon. If anyone has gets it, can you please update this with pictures? Thank you!

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
16 Posts
Got my set delivered yesterday, and they're indeed very nice.

Here are some more photos for posterity --

2nd row: View attachment 538

3rd row:
View attachment 539

Cargo (behind 2nd):
View attachment 540

So brief review: I actually have the weathertech set in front row, and the smartliners are a more softer, rubbery material, as opposed to weathertech's more stiffer, plastic'y material. It's a little more "pliable" so I think that can actually be good for kinda settling and molding itself into a more "skin-tight" fit. But otherwise the fit is very good on its own. The 3rd row could be better, you can't get quite a "perfect fit", but having awkwardly shaped 3rd rows in my previous car, I think it's more due to the awkward shape and geometry than the fit itself. I get the feeling the weathertech 3rd row isn't perfect either (3rd row liners on my old CX-9 wasn't precisely perfect with weathertech either). But really, no complaints, just nitpicking. I'm very happy with these, saved a chunk of penny against weathertech. Paid maybe 2/3 the cost for like 95% quality.

Hello there xerostatus,
I have bought the smartliners set on amazon, they fit perfectly except the trunk doesn't look as good as yours, since it came wrapped in a large tube box and it is more tilted on the right side. I wonder what you had to do in order to get it to fit perfectly in your trunk?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts