Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Michigan, we got our 23 Calligraphy last month and really love it. The only thing I can’t figure out is the smart cruise control, not a fan of it. Trying to find in the owners manual how to switch it off and use regular. Thought I got it by hitting lower right button but it just goes to a round green speed limit symbol that you can put a number and then when you go over that it beeps. Also when cruise is on if you hold that same button the space between cars symbo changes from white to blue dots? Spent 1/2 hour at the dealer and they said Hyundai changed the cruise feature and you must use SCC? Hard to believe if it’s true, hopefully my fellow Palisade friends will have an answer! Thanks so much, Tom

· Registered
2023 Palisade Calligraphy Steel Graphite w black interior
37 Posts
Greetings from Michigan, we got our 23 Calligraphy last month and really love it. The only thing I can’t figure out is the smart cruise control, not a fan of it. Trying to find in the owners manual how to switch it off and use regular. Thought I got it by hitting lower right button but it just goes to a round green speed limit symbol that you can put a number and then when you go over that it beeps. Also when cruise is on if you hold that same button the space between cars symbo changes from white to blue dots? Spent 1/2 hour at the dealer and they said Hyundai changed the cruise feature and you must use SCC? Hard to believe if it’s true, hopefully my fellow Palisade friends will have an answer! Thanks so much, Tom
From my understanding you want to cruise normally. No hands free, no lane assist, you don't want the vehicle to keep itself between the lanes....you want to have full control correct?? I found this out yesterday by accident & I am going to try to remember to assist you and others. While driving, set vehicle to cruise normally. Then push the /O\ steering wheel button to turn off Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) followed by holding the same button to turn off Lane Following Assist (LFA). Your Heads Up Display (HUD) should now just show horizon, speed & lanes if I recall. If you cross a center lane or edge, the vehicle won't beep. If you don't use your turn signal to change lanes, the vehicle won't try to force you to stay in your lane. If this doesn't work, keep messing with the buttons. Its a push & hold combination but I believe this worked for me yesterday. If I think about it nxt time I'll take pics as well to show HUD or record it to ensure accuracy.

· Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
432 Posts
To Convert to Cruise Control Mode (for current driving session 2020-2022)

The driver may choose to switch to use the conventional Cruise Control mode (speed only control function) by following these steps:

1. Push the CRUISE button on the steering wheel to turn the system on. The cruise ( ) indicator will illuminate.

2. Push and hold the Vehicle-to-Vehicle Distance button for more than 2 seconds

3. Choose between "Smart Cruise Control" and "Cruise Control".

When the system is canceled using the CRUISE button or the CRUISE button is used after the engine is turned on, the Smart Cruise Control mode will turn on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts