Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
SmartCruise control absolutely uses the lane markings on both sides of the road. How else would I know if it’s going down the middle of the lane?

·
Registered
28 Posts
SmartCruise control absolutely uses the lane markings on both sides of the road. How else would I know if it’s going down the middle of the lane?
SmartCruise controls speed only. It has nothing to do with lane keeping guidance or assistance.

·
Registered
Luxury (Canada) Black/Black
23 Posts
To be clear when smart cruise control is OFF, the vehicle will give you warning and jerk on the steering wheel when the vehicle is veering out of the lane markers to steer it back in - this is typically called lane keeping assist (LKA). LKA becomes active typically when the speed is around 60km/h or more. If you ever experienced this you will know that there is quite a bit of room within the lane markers where LKA won't do anything (as long as you are not outside of the lane markers)
When smart cruise control is ON, the vehicle will actually CENTER the car in the lane. You will feel the car to subtly steer as soon as the car is not in the middle of the lane anymore.
Additionally, if you turn off the lane assist feature by pressing the switch to the left of the steering column (the button looks like a car between two lane markers), it will turn off both LKA when smart cruise is off and lane centering when smart cruise is on.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Ok, it’s I’ll go with that distinction. It partners with lane assist to keep it’s distance from car in front.
No, it doesn't. The Smart Cruise Control keeps the distance from the car in front. The LKA/LFA keeps you between the lanes. You can turn off LKA/LFA and still have Smart Cruise Control, as the poster above me said.

The only link between the systems is that Cruise Control needs to be on for LFA to be enabled (otherwise, you just get LKA). There's no particular reason why and in fact, it's not like that on the 2020+ Sonata, which has essentially the same tech: they get LFA without cruise control.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What am I forgetting to do, every time I try use smart cruise control, it says smart cruise conditions not met ?
I had this issue at first until my son helped me. Press the “cruise” button first. Then, get your speed to where you want it. Next, push “down” the far right tab on the right arm of your steering wheel and it will engage.
I've had my Palisade for about 18 months or better and still sit down with the tech data and instructions and find new things to try. Wouldn't trade this car for anything... I just have to make myself smarter than the vehicle and keep reading. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
The car automatically adjusts the speed according the to speed of the car in front. It also stops if the car stops.
What if there is a car already stopped at a traffic light and you are coming from way behind - Does your car stop?

My car used to stop everytime but now it stops only 2 out of 10 times. Any one else experienced this ?

·
Registered
Luxury (Canada) Black/Black
23 Posts
What if there is a car already stopped at a traffic light and you are coming from way behind - Does your car stop?

My car used to stop everytime but now it stops only 2 out of 10 times. Any one else experienced this ?
when the car in front far away is already stopped and you are coming up to it, the smart cruise control stop-n-go system does work well when the road is flat. but it may not kick in at a comfortable enough distance away from the car in front when there is even a slightest hill curvature on the road between your car and car in front. The hill will affect the radar, and will cause the car to only start braking much closer to the car in front then you'd expect, and very aggressively. In my experience the system is best for following a car in front of you that's already moving are roughly similar speed, than to rely on it to bring the car to a stop to an already stopped car in front. The manual specific says it may not work if there is a "stopped vehicle" in front.

Definitely do NOT rely on the system to brake to a stop; it is an "assist" only.

·
Registered
334 Posts
when the car in front far away is already stopped and you are coming up to it, the smart cruise control stop-n-go system does work well when the road is flat. but it may not kick in at a comfortable enough distance away from the car in front when there is even a slightest hill curvature on the road between your car and car in front. The hill will affect the radar, and will cause the car to only start braking much closer to the car in front then you'd expect, and very aggressively. In my experience the system is best for following a car in front of you that's already moving are roughly similar speed, than to rely on it to bring the car to a stop to an already stopped car in front. The manual specific says it may not work if there is a "stopped vehicle" in front.

Definitely do NOT rely on the system to brake to a stop; it is an "assist" only.
In stop/go traffic mine will come to a complete stop and start again on its own, but my foot is right above the brake pedal all the time!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts