Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Burgundy SEL with convenience package, premium package, sunroof option,and drive guidance option
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What am I forgetting to do, every time I try use smart cruise control, it says smart cruise conditions not met ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
hmm.. that's weird. I use it a lot and it amazes me how it's made long, boring drives more comfortable. I've never encountered that problem. Just wondering, do you have all the doors closed, seatbelts buckled, etc, I don't know but just throwing things out there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've seen that pop up once or twice for me also, but can't remember the parameters when it does. Maybe going to slow? I'll pay more attention next time.
Rusty

·
Registered
93 Posts
I only get it if there is snow covering the front sensor.
OR...more often it's because I push UP on the cruise control switch on the wheel instead of DOWN.
Down sets the speed and then up increases it. Up also resumes if I've already set it at least once on the drive. If I haven't used it on the drive yet and simply push up, I get that alert.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I get a message saying that the system is unavailable if I am driving in heavy rain at times.

·
Registered
Burgundy SEL with convenience package, premium package, sunroof option,and drive guidance option
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm.. that's weird. I use it a lot and it amazes me how it's made long, boring drives more comfortable. I've never encountered that problem. Just wondering, do you have all the doors closed, seatbelts buckled, etc, I don't know but just throwing things out there.
All of those items were done

·
Registered
Luxury (Canada) Black/Black
23 Posts
Are you pushing UP on the cruise control speed toggle on the right side of the steering wheel? You are supposed to toggle DOWN ("SET-") to set the speed initially.
Several times I pressed it up initially by mistake and it will display the conditions not met message.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've seen that pop up once or twice for me also, but can't remember the parameters when it does. Maybe going to slow? I'll pay more attention next time.
Rusty
going 70 mph

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you pushing UP on the cruise control speed toggle on the right side of the steering wheel? You are supposed to toggle DOWN ("SET-") to set the speed initially.
Several times I pressed it up initially by mistake and it will display the conditions not met message. View attachment 2632
I probably was, thank you I will try following these instructions

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had the same experience that gta had; the only times the smart cruise has refused to engage were when I pushed the toggle UP instead of down to set it. I have also sped up/slowed down while in cruise mode when I thought I was increasing/decreasing the volume on the radio. The controls in the Palisade are in exactly reverse side/orientation to those on the steering wheel in my other SUV.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What am I forgetting to do, every time I try use smart cruise control, it says smart cruise conditions not met ?
Piece of Cake, MassiAntonio (Big Tony).
You have Pushed Cruise Control THEN you need to you need to Set Speed. Its a toggle switch you touch when desired speed acheived.
Speed will adjust according to obsticles in your roadway. Although I do not feel the Auto Breaks apply early enough, causing a more aggressive application of breaks than I would choose.
If you appreciate my comments, please email a Large Pizza ASAP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think you have to be driving at least 20 miles per hour before setting smart cruise control. You will receive conditions not met message when trying to set smart cruise control while driving less than 20 mph. Then follow the procedures mentioned by others on the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this issue at first until my son helped me. Press the “cruise” button first. Then, get your speed to where you want it. Next, push “down” the far right tab on the right arm of your steering wheel and it will engage.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts