Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I recently noticed that when I press "drive" on my car, it jerks little bit. Not much but just little.
Then again when I put it back to park it again jerks very little though.
Is it normal?
Anyone else observed the same thing. Please provide your feedback.

Regards

·
Registered
502 Posts
Not noticed that but in general keeping your foot on break when switching to Drive and or engaging E-break is always a good idea for the transmission and to avoid having a car lurch a little which is what may be going on.

·
Super Moderator
557 Posts
I have noticed but its like any other car i have owned (normal) you are taking transmission in and out of drive and it is be more noticeable when engine is cold with a higher RPM engine idle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks anthpalisade & jetech00001.
In my case I think both of you might be correct. I was pulling the car out of garage in very cold weather when I noticed that slight bit of jerk.
Also, I do think that my foot wasnt properly pushing the brake pedal at that time.
I checked the same issue again this eve ing while pulling out of the parking spot on plaza when car was warned up and I pressed the brake pedal properly and I did hit find any issue this time.
Thanks to both of you for your feedback.

:)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Great. Even when cars are put into Park whether Palisade or another I find that without a parking break E style or not a car may lurch a little. Naturally in Drive you want to use the regular breaks:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts