Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

Side View Mirror Controls Not Working

11K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  DBD 
#1 ·
I bought a brand new 2022 Palisade Calligraphy two weeks back and yesterday, the control for the side view mirror have stopped working. Both driver and passenger mirrors are not moving, not tilting. I am not sure if the motor is even working or not but I am not hearing any noise from the side mirrors when I try the control

Did anyone have a similar problem and what happened or was done to fix it? Apparently, the dealership where I bought the vehicle can only look at it on July 26, 2022.

I know it’s not critical or urgent but I am worried if there are other electrical system that this issue can affect in the future.

PS: I’m new to this forum and a new owner of so far a great vehicle

#4 ·
It happened to me today on a 2022 Palisade limited. If your lift gate is working it isn’t the fuse. I disconnected the battery using 10mm socket, negative off first then positive(red) then left disconnected for 4 minutes, and reconnected in reverse order (red then black). Everything was working again after

#6 ·
My sales agent was able to change the service date from July 26 to July 1. I want to try this but will hold off to see what they can find out this coming Friday. I'll definitely try this out if they are not able to fix it. Will update this thread afterwards

#8 ·
I bought a brand new 2022 Palisade Calligraphy two weeks back and yesterday, the control for the side view mirror have stopped working. Both driver and passenger mirrors are not moving, not tilting. I am not sure if the motor is even working or not but I am not hearing any noise from the side mirrors when I try the control

Aloha!i had a similar issue and found that the mirrors were not fully extended. Once I pushed them out all controls came back. Good luck!

#10 ·
Disconnecting the battery is like doing a complete hard reset on the system, like your home computer.
If you leave the mirror switch in the center position it does tilt the mirrors when you go into reverse, I guess it's so you can see curbs as most can't parallel park for crap.

Reactions: zzmendl
#15 ·
I also have the same issue with my '22 Palisade.
I disconnected the battery and the mirrors worked again.
3 days later, the mirrors don't work again.

Has anyone else in this thread had a similar issue after disconnecting the battery?
So I have been doing process of elimination to isolate what is causing the bug. I think it has something to do with the mirrors not being extended fully and trying to adjust seats while driving.

I noticed that whenever I wash my car it stops working, which I think is due to me cleaning and moving mirrors while I wash car. Like it trips sensor and the car thinks mirrors are closed. When that happens I have been able to reset by folding the mirrors and unfolding and it works.

The other time I’ve noticed it stops working is if I adjust the seat while driving, although I think it’s more if I try to hit the driver auto adjust button or save my seat position to one of the buttons while driving.But I am still trying to figure out if that is issue.

#19 ·
Same issue. Brand new 2022 Palisade SEL. Happened at 400 miles. Disconnected battery for 10 minutes. All working now. Dealer wanted to take door panels off and trace the wiring harness. Dumb! Finding a fault in a wiring harness is incredibly hard not to mention getting the door panels back on to factory standards. My plan is to wait and see how long this works. Just maybe we can get Hyundai’s attention to come up with a corporate fix. Probably dreaming. Joe from Tennessee.

#20 ·
Mine stopped working again sometime July 23. Since the dealer already have the side view mirror control switch they ordered way back end of June, I scheduled for them to install it yesterday, August 4. I am not sure if they did removed the battery connection when they did the install but the side view mirrors are moving again. I’ll update this thread in the next couple of weeks if it’s still working or I’ll update as soon it broke out again.

Below is a screenshot from the maintenance log they gave me

Font Number Document Parallel

#22 ·
Mine stopped working again sometime July 23. Since the dealer already have the side view mirror control switch they ordered way back end of June, I scheduled for them to install it yesterday, August 4. I am not sure if they did removed the battery connection when they did the install but the side view mirrors are moving again. I’ll update this thread in the next couple of weeks if it’s still working or I’ll update as soon it broke out again.

View attachment 6855

View attachment 6855
Any update??

#27 ·
We think we are getting closer to the issue and your software fix seems to fit. The problem is fixed after disconnecting the battery, BUT it goes bad again after using BLUELINK to remote start the car. Interesting! That points to a software glitch, not a wiring or component problem. Thanks!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.