Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shopping for a SEL, wondering whether to get all the "extras" or buy after my initial purchase. Eg. Cargo net, mats,etc. Any thoughts?!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was actually glad that mine only came with the standard carpeted floor mats as I don't think I will actually use much of the "extras" that come with some of them. You can always go back after your purchase and buy what you need/want.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was happy my car didn't come with anything, not even floor mats. I immediately got the Weathertech floor liners, and I am good. The only other thing I will consider will be if and when Weathertech comes out with a split 3rd row cargo liner.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If it is something that requires installation, such as mud guards or a bumper appliqué, you will save money by ordering them with your vehicle. Dealerships will charge extra for installation. If it’s something that requires no installation, such as a cargo net or floor mats, you can buy those from the dealer at any time, and they should be the same price as they would have been if you’d ordered them with the vehicle.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Personally I cant believe that the vehicle doesnt at least include the carpeted floor mats...a $160 value according to the build site but only $148 on the Hyundai Shop site. When I bought my Limited I didnt include the floor mats (I figured I would buy them after the fact because I was debating between carpet and all-weather) but the salesman 'tossed them in for free' as part of the sale. I cam tell you that something is needed because it took a week for the mats to come in and in that time I could see the factory rug floor already showing wear around the driver heel area.

·
Registered
502 Posts
So Note the following. Best deals and quicker availability are often had by what is in Stock... The Vehicle sticker gives you the right to what ever options the car shipped with. Car sticker is available on virtually every dealer web site....... Its also best way to make sure seating and interior/exterior colors, etc. are what you think they are. The sticker is the most accurate over all other sources...

-When you shop you can use a site like Car Gurus which does not require anoying registration to search cars discounted prices. It includes the Vin, Model and discounted prices (this way you can get a quick info on what is avaiable in X mile radius of your home ). You can as well search Hyundai web site or places like Costco's car price buying service. The advantage of Car Gurus is no registration or wait for the info. You of course should use as many sources as info as you have at your disposal....

Anyway once you identify more or less what you want (color, trim, options packages that can NOT be added later (e.g. Sunroof, Convenience, Premium, Drivers etc.) you can go to the dealer web site click on the car of interest which will have the VIN and Window sticker with everything down to the mats and Full Tank of Gas you have a right too.

Point is most cars in stock will come with a random assortment of options already there. If not for free, for less. They have to give them to you and they're competing against all the other dealers with more or less options. My car for example came with Capet mats, cargo screen, and cargo net. Only really wanted the latter. Did not pay anything for them in the sense the car was being advertised for around 1K less than list.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If it is something that requires installation, such as mud guards or a bumper applique, you will save money by ordering them with your vehicle. Dealerships will charge extra for installation. If it’s something that requires no installation, such as a cargo net or floor mats, you can buy those from the dealer at any time, and they should be the same price as they would have been if you’d ordered them with the vehicle.
My experience has been that the accessories are available on-line at much less than the "sticker" prices. For example, It took me less that 45 minutes to install the Hyundai OEM mud guards without having to remove the tires or elevating the vehicle. I do however realize that not everyone wants to spend time doing this type of activity even if it does save, in some cases, a significant amount of money.

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
I ordered the Palisade without any of the accessories. Then a two weeks before I was to get the car
had dealer order my carpeted floor mats, and carpeted cargo tray separately. Got 15% off the price doing that way
Of course it doesn't get put in to the finance company that way. I had to pay myself, My dealership gives all retired or disabled veterans a 15% discount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts