Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently purchased and paid for a 2021 calligraphy.

Bought on 3/17 and the sales manager said it would be there in 10 days.

it’s been 21 days, and the dealership isn’t telling me anything besides “it’s not on our lot yet”

I’ve asked multiple times if it’s at port, in Korea, or in a truck. No one is giving me answers, it’s frustrating as I’ve already put money down on it.

Does anyone know anything about the dealers tracking?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Recently purchased and paid for a 2021 calligraphy.

Bought on 3/17 and the sales manager said it would be there in 10 days.

it’s been 21 days, and the dealership isn’t telling me anything besides “it’s not on our lot yet”

I’ve asked multiple times if it’s at port, in Korea, or in a truck. No one is giving me answers, it’s frustrating as I’ve already put money down on it.

Does anyone know anything about the dealers tracking?
Based on my personal experience, they have very little info as to where the car is and when it will leave the port, if that’s where it is. We waited a few weeks for ours and the dealer was getting no info from the port. That was in 2019, mind you, and they were doing extra checks on the cars at that time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same with me, it was scheduled for arrival this upcoming weekend but already pushed it back a week. More delays to come???

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased a 2021 Luxury Trim (I live in Canada, I do not know the equivalent to U.S. trims - for Canadians the Luxury is the second highest trim) in late February. I was told when I bought it that it could take as little as 2 weeks or as long as a month as the vehicle was "currently at sea". I took possession of it at the month mark.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Based on my personal experience, they have very little info as to where the car is and when it will leave the port, if that’s where it is. We waited a few weeks for ours and the dealer was getting no info from the port. That was in 2019, mind you, and they were doing extra checks on the cars at that time.
Did you already have blue link and everything set up at that time? I saw someone got into the car on Friday last week for about 30 but nothing since then.

I saw a post on how to break down the numbers above the barcode on the window sticker butif it’s true my car should have been here before the VIN was available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same with me, it was scheduled for arrival this upcoming weekend but already pushed it back a week. More delays to come???
What state are you in? I’m wondering if dealers are all the same in different states or what.
My window sticker port of entry says NC but the sales manager said something about Texas?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Did you already have blue link and everything set up at that time? I saw someone got into the car on Friday last week for about 30 but nothing since then.

I saw a post on how to break down the numbers above the barcode on the window sticker butif it’s true my car should have been here before the VIN was available.
No, Blue Link was setup the day after we finally got the car. The dealer did it. It would have been done the same day, but the system was down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, Blue Link was setup the day after we finally got the car. The dealer did it. It would have been done the same day, but the system was down.
That’s interesting to me. My blue link has been set up since 3/24/2021 and that’s how I knew and still know the doors are unlocked and were open last week.
The dealership is refusing to talk to me, every time I call they are unavailable according to the front desk.
I’ve tried to read the window sticker dates, but my window sticker reads 54 A 0471VMORNI

·
Registered
9 Posts
From what I can determine, your code translates to: 054=54th day of the year, 047=47th day of the year, 1=2021, MORNI=Vessel code (probably Morning something). I have read (there's a post somewhere) that the days refers to VIN creation date and port arrival date. Yours is unusual in that the first day is later than the second day. The only other time I have seen that was on the car that I originally ordered. After waiting a couple of weeks the vehicle turned out to be "nonexistent", but I did finally get an otherwise identical vehicle. Vehicles seem to disappear from tracking while in-transit from port to the dealer, and dealers have no idea where they are.

My non-existent vehicle: 21 S 0181VHORIZ
My actual vehicle: 12 A 0231VGRAND

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am interested in how you all reserved/purchased future vehicles. Fully purchased with full payment on specific vehicle or deposit on next model/trim that fits certain criteria comes in? Also, are dealers discounting this at all or are you committed to paying MSRP?
Still trying to get my hands on one, after walking away from prior deal:cry:
Thanks in advance for any insight provided

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any car listed on your dealer's or Hyundai's site is "for sale" whether it is on the lot or not. I negotiated a price on a specific vehicle and put down a $1000 deposit. I would be wary of signing anything without having a specific VIN. Nothing wrong with walking away from a deal that wasn't right for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
@ Mckenna, I put a deposit down on a particular VIN. Now, did 10 other people put a deposit on that same VIN??? I don't know. I made the deposit by credit card so I would have some recourse if the deal never comes to fruition. As far as pricing on the car, it depends on where you are purchasing the car. It seems to be different from city to city and from dealership to dealership. The Calligraphy models where I live are in very short supply and most are priced $5,000 above MSRP. Even that won't necessarily get you the colors you want. I went out of my area to purchase (placed a deposit is more accurate) on mine. Their Calligraphy price with the color I wanted is $2,000 below MSRP. With that said the car was supposed to arrive on April 10th, and yesterday, I was told the new arrival date is April 18th. This seems to be the norm when ordering a Palisade. For now, it is a hurry up and wait game.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From what I can determine, your code translates to: 054=54th day of the year, 047=47th day of the year, 1=2021, MORNI=Vessel code (probably Morning something). I have read (there's a post somewhere) that the days refers to VIN creation date and port arrival date. Yours is unusual in that the first day is later than the second day. The only other time I have seen that was on the car that I originally ordered. After waiting a couple of weeks the vehicle turned out to be "nonexistent", but I did finally get an otherwise identical vehicle. Vehicles seem to disappear from tracking while in-transit from port to the dealer, and dealers have no idea where they are.

My non-existent vehicle: 21 S 0181VHORIZ
My actual vehicle: 12 A 0231VGRAND

That's what I am worried about exactly. But what is odd, is the fact that my blue link is already registered and i can see that the doors are unlocked and someone had the front driver door open for about thirty minutes. Just makes no sense!

I was wondering about the days too because i read that thread also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am interested in how you all reserved/purchased future vehicles. Fully purchased with full payment on specific vehicle or deposit on next model/trim that fits certain criteria comes in? Also, are dealers discounting this at all or are you committed to paying MSRP?
Still trying to get my hands on one, after walking away from prior deal:cry:
Thanks in advance for any insight provided
So my dealer already had a vin for the car i bought and said it would be at the dealer in 10 days.

I paid for 25% of the vehicle up front and my loan has already been funded. We paid at MSRP because i told them i refused to pay over and would take my money elsewhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's possible your vehicle is at the port waiting for a last minute item, and that's when they activated Blue Link. Someone mentioned that Hyundai likes to do last minute fixes at the port rather than after delivery via TSB, to keep their JD Power ratings high. Don't worry, in a few days you'll be a happy Palisade driver!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, thank you Nola and Annamc. A dealer was asking me to put a "partial payment down on one that we have on the way in and wait", and I was a little leery. I think it is probably the way to go, inventory is scarce around me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's possible your vehicle is at the port waiting for a last minute item, and that's when they activated Blue Link. Someone mentioned that Hyundai likes to do last minute fixes at the port rather than after delivery via TSB, to keep their JD Power ratings high. Don't worry, in a few days you'll be a happy Palisade driver!
I hope so! I waited a year to finally buy one and since i bought it i'm creeping up on the one month mark without the car ! Yikes!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Only local dealer, where I've bought 5 new Hyundais in the past, told me 2 weeks ago a white/brown-beige FWD Calligraphy was coming in 3 weeks. They told me once they have a VIN, I could put a deposit on it (at MSRP), and I said I didn't have an issue with that, but wanted numbers first. Want to make sure they won't pull a fast one on me, like a $500 doc fee, or other crap fees like that, which would result on walking out of the deal... and don't want to waste all of that time in vain. Just sent a message to the guy, asking for an update. If it was going to arrive in a week, they'd for sure know the VIN by now, no? Hope they're not playing games with me. So how long in advance of the vehicle arriving, a dealer can know the VIN??? Thank you.
They should know the VIN once they know it’s coming to them. At least that’s how it is in OK!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts