Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sidebar to the owners with paddle shifters...and most of you probably already know this...but if you are using the paddle shifters and need to quickly take the car from manual shifting back to the automatic mode, just hold the right shifter for a second or two and the car will determine the gear and retake the shifting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1st time problem on forum maybe just a glitch or operator error but if it happens again than it would be a concern.
I am hoping so too. It is 1 week old. This is wife's replacement for a Honda Odyssey we had for 8 years that was flawless the entire time. I will have her keep an eye on it. Glad that it hasn't popped up on the forums.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This happened to me last Sunday and I did the same thing. Turned the car off and back on and it went away and has not returned. I am getting it serviced for the first time in early February and will mention it to the service at the dealership.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This happened to me last Sunday and I did the same thing. Turned the car off and back on and it went away and has not returned. I am getting it serviced for the first time in early February and will mention it to the service at the dealership.
Please keep us updated as to what they say. Feel free to show them the pic above as proof, even though it's in metric units :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will. I was quite concerned as I was by myself at the time with my two young boys leaving the gym and the last thing I wanted was to get stuck on what was a particularly cold day outside. It caught me by surprise because this issue has never been brought on the message boards as something other people have seen. My car is just short of 5,000 miles and just went through a 2,000 mile trek to my in laws over the holidays for no reason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have received the same error 3 times now. Most recently on Sunday. I will be taking it to be services as soon as I have the chance. Does the car log error messages like this one? So that service can see it? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I have received the same error 3 times now. Most recently on Sunday. I will be taking it to be services as soon as I have the chance. Does the car log error messages like this one? So that service can see it? Just curious.
You should always photograph/video on your phone these error messages when you get them, even if the car logs them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, unfortunately, I can answer this question for you. My situation is pretty much the same as the rest with Shifter Malfunction Error message. My SEL was stuck in reverse. (Thought I would be the female version of Ricky Bobby to get myself home .) Like the rest with this issue, I shut the engine off and thankfully it defaulted to park, and was fine after that. My scheduled service appointment was this afternoon. For those of you questioning, my error message did not code. So make sure you are snapping a picture of the error message for your Service Department. Mechanics test drive showed nothing, so they placed a call to Hyundai technicians. My Pali was hooked up to the computer and the dealers mechanic, and the Hyundai technicians were unable to duplicate the issue, but said the computer recordings would be reviewed and my dealer would be notified of any findings. The photo from my phone was sent to the technicians and a case# was opened with Hyundai.
My dealer said, Hyundai Technicians may request another computer diagnostic service appointment, but they would be in contact.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The dealer will say no code save so no issue! Call Hyundai corporate and keep taking to dealer. My dealer told me bring the car without turning off when car cannot be driven. The worst car ever !!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
The dealer will say no code save so no issue! Call Hyundai corporate and keep taking to dealer. My dealer told me bring the car without turning off when car cannot be driven. The worst car ever !!!
Sigh. What is your end game here? Spam the forums with constant complaining? Your dealer is incompetent. This car is fine. Any issues that arise can and will be fixed by the warranty, you just need to find a decent dealer that can work with you.

·
Super Moderator
557 Posts
I agree with Xerostatus 100% .What is your end game & constant complaining . Myself i have over 6000 miles and zero problems and find yourself a another dealer. I see you joined 23 hours ago and 4 negative posts.!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue happened to us. We turned off and back on and the message went away. However, while driving it home it felt jerky and like lacking power. Took it to the dealership yesterday and they are going to replace the entire shifter system. I was told, that’s what Hyundai recommended.
We should get our car back today and hopefully not more issues moving forward... only waiting for a fix to the wind noise problem now.
F2FEA63E-79F4-4BCB-978A-518D5FB79D30.jpeg

1 - 20 of 52 Posts