Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered if I would like or hate the push button shifter on the Palisade.
My Genesis G90 has shift by wire but with a traditional shift lever. never
made much sense to me. If I want to go forward I pull back on the shift lever.
Then if I want to go in reverse I push forward on the shift lever.
I guess the theory is the lever is always in the neutral position, and just
like a linkage shifter you would go forward to get in to reverse and back for drive
never mind most of us are in park to start with. So just didn't make sense to me
How ever I have to say I like the push button shifter in the Palisade. Not at all
confusing R is reverse and D is drive. Works fast and not hard to understand.
Really easy once you get the drift and I don't have a hard time locating it.
Lets face it you are not going to shift while you are driving, al least not with the
shift lever or buttons when you have paddle shifters on the steering wheel.
Ok so others think differently, to each his or her own.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Amen, Gene. I also love the extra space it provides in the cubby below, as well as not having to lift bulky items over a shifting lever when getting them out of the front passenger seat. I also shifted with one finger when my hands were full in a pharmacy drive through once, which was great. I know I’m in the minority, but I love it.

-Side note- At the pharmacy, my hands were full with my credit card, driver’s license, rewards card, and a bag of my kids’ meds. I put it in drive simply to pull up far enough and let the next person use the drive through. Then I parked again and put my cards away before I dropped them and lost them. Just in case anyone wondered what that particular comment was all about.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just a tip remember to keep foot on break until you hear shift tone confirmation when switching between Drive and Reverse and vs versa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts