Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed the oddest thing in the rear view mirror. Its only visible under certain lighting conditions. I have had auto dimming mirrors before in my odyssey and I don't remember anything like the screen shot below.

·
Super Moderator
418 Posts
Does it appear to the naked eye, or just when a picture is taken?
Looks like someone left a tag inside by mistake when mirror was made

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Naked eye at Night sometimes . I would not have known to photograph it otherwise. i thought thought until i photographed it maybe it was a hidden feature that added something like cardinal directions, but as you said seems like a part number.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah under most lighting conditions at most you can see faint box. Mostly when it’s nighttime. Then if you have a car behind you with headlights or similar you can see barcode and part number.

Naturally taking a flash photo made it present well.

Doesn’t really prevent seeing objects behind you but its a little weird to say the least.

·
Registered
54 Posts
As mentioned before it was probably a part sticker...or more than likely a sticker placed on it to state that it was certified in order to get through customs.
Today was another cold day where I live and it was also the first time that I got into the car before warming it remotely. When I turned the vehicle over and kicked the defrost on full blast the front windshield fogged over. At that time this was noticeable on the windshield:

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not a sticker on the outside of Rear View Mirror. Thats on tour windshield?
My rearview mirror has the square where a sticker probably was...and only noticable when the auto dim is on. I didnt see any numbers like you have in your photo. The photo that I attached was on the inside of the passenger side windshield. It showed up when the windshield was fogged over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts