Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

For my kids I like having a seatbelt extender to make it easier for them to buckle themselves in. The one I used on my Acura doesn't fit the Palisade. The sites I've found don't list the palisade. Anyone know which model cars use the same style seatbelt connector as the Palisade?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone found a solution on this? I recently installed a seatbelt booster seat and a backless booster seat. I can't understand why the buckle connector doesn't have any slack. It's so hard to buckle the kids on their booster seats even with the help of an adult and impossible for the kids to do it themselves.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do a google search for Seat Belt extenders for Hyundai Palisade I found a couple sellers listed there. That should help you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have seen what you're talking about. My only concern is the safety issues that comes along with using an extender. Apparently it's not advisable to use them on booster seats as they might fail in a collision.

·
Registered
244 Posts
No, it is never safe to use a seatbelt extender with a booster seat. The extender changes the location of the buckle, which then changes the starting point and angle of the shoulder belt, which could lead to an injury.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for that! I found another product on Amazon that sorta acts like a cuff around the buckle holder. It's meant for those that retract and you have to fish them out. I wanna give it a try for the Palisade but I don't think it'll do much since ours doesn't have alot of give

·
Registered
2020 AWD Palisade SEL (Lagoon Silver/BlackBlack) with Conv
106 Posts
I used the 5" regular extenders for the kids in my Outback as the only way they could reach the buckle with an adjacent car seat installed (3-across). (the 3" rigid wasn't long enough, but 5" flex was)

I've ordered the same for the Palisade.

Would be nice if the auto designers actually hired someone with kids moving thru the range of seats when they design these 3-row SUVs.. the Palisade (and most of the competition) have multiple brain-dead design decisions (ie. the Ascent has a LATCH connector on the wrong side of the buckle). Oh what I wouldn't give to get 10 minutes to explain these things to one of the design teams... I'd buy a

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have been using an extender like this for almost a year now.
amazon link

It extends just above the seating so they can push the buckle in easier. The only downside is the car will think they are always buckled, so you have to make sure they actually do it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts