Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning! Still loving my 2022 Palisade after owning it for 8 months now. We just switched my 6 year old from a 5 point harness high back booster seat to a high back booster without the harness, requiring us to use the seat belt buckle each time.
The seat belt buckle is so far down into the seat it is VERY difficult for me to buckle and impossible for my daughter to do it on her own. Is there a trick here? Am I missing something or is there a way to make that seat belt buckle extend?

TIA!

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Essential trim. Typhoon Silver
444 Posts
Good morning! Still loving my 2022 Palisade after owning it for 8 months now. We just switched my 6 year old from a 5 point harness high back booster seat to a high back booster without the harness, requiring us to use the seat belt buckle each time.
The seat belt buckle is so far down into the seat it is VERY difficult for me to buckle and impossible for my daughter to do it on her own. Is there a trick here? Am I missing something or is there a way to make that seat belt buckle extend?

TIA!
There are seat belt extenders. They come in various lengths, I purchased a set for the middle row that are short, basically a male plug attached to a female plug, extends it about 5 inches.
I have stopped using them because often enough the person using them would unlatch the wrong one… leaving the extension on the seat belt itself instead of staying plugged into the seat part.
One.. unintended (??) consequence is that with the extension plugged in the vehicle assumes the belt is done up and you don’t get that annoying beep/warning to do the belt up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts