Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the Photodon screen protector kit for the 10.25 Dash and Front Climate control display. They released the kit with the extra climate screen about 2 days later of course.
I liked this kit over the "Glass" protectors on amazon because I don't intend to ever throw anything at the screen to need that level of protection. Also the company gives you multiple options where you can pick from Anit-glare reduction, clear and 6 or 9h surface hardness. Kit was super nice as it comes with cleaning sprays, maintenance spray, multiple screen cloths and a felt egded install card. Installation was super easy and the protectors are just a little bit undersized to make sure it fits down into the recess easily.
Photodon Screen Protector-- This is the MXH: Anti-Glare 25% glare reduction. Light matte finish; excellent image quality. Provides a paper-like feel that is slightly more slippery than MXT with stylus use. Some surface reflection in bright light. Low fingerprint retention.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Does anyone know if the Calligraphy comes with something already on the screens? I can see a matte-ish film on the Climate screen and the 10.25" screen already seems a bit matte finish already.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Does anyone know if the Calligraphy comes with something already on the screens? I can see a matte-ish film on the Climate screen and the 10.25" screen already seems a bit matte finish already.
My Calligraphy didn’t come with any extra layers on the screens. I bought one from Amazon for the 10” screen and installed it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We also have a Calligraphy and it did not have anything on the main screen. The display for the Ac did have a small clear protector on it, I pulled it off and instantly put on the new one .
I really would like to find a protector for the Instrument cluster and also wrap the Piano black trim ring in a nice PPF.
On my Camry I was able to find a company that made an entire PPF film to cover the whole center dash, and it was a big one..

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
We also have a Calligraphy and it did not have anything on the main screen. The display for the Ac did have a small clear protector on it, I pulled it off and instantly put on the new one .
I really would like to find a protector for the Instrument cluster and also wrap the Piano black trim ring in a nice PPF.
On my Camry I was able to find a company that made an entire PPF film to cover the whole center dash, and it was a big one.. View attachment 3741
Nice! That film is what I saw and figured it is usually removed during dealer prep. My "Cally" came from out-of-town and I got to the dealer a few minutes after it arrived, so while I was finishing paperwork they were prepping. Thanks for the link and which film you got.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! That film is what I saw and figured it is usually removed during dealer prep. My "Cally" came from out-of-town and I got to the dealer a few minutes after it arrived, so while I was finishing paperwork they were prepping. Thanks for the link and which film you got.
NP. Ours was still fully covered in plastic when we went to pick up and besides the seats I told them to leave the rest in place. Some spots we have already peeled off and its so satisfying lol. Other areas I am keeping covered until my PPF film comes in and I can get them rewrapped. Door edges are a big one for us as my wifes last Explorer was destroyed there after 5-6years

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
NP. Ours was still fully covered in plastic when we went to pick up and besides the seats I told them to leave the rest in place. Some spots we have already peeled off and its so satisfying lol. Other areas I am keeping covered until my PPF film comes in and I can get them rewrapped. Door edges are a big one for us as my wifes last Explorer was destroyed there after 5-6years
Yes! I would like the clear edge protectors too. My friend just got a 2021 Honda Ridgeline it was already on it. They were a thin film... not the chrome plastic mega-edges we had in high school!

·
Registered
628 Posts
does the Photodon 10.25 screen protector also come with the HVAC display protector? I don't see the HVAC screen protector listed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, Photodon website has HVAC display protectors. Two can be included with 10.25 screen protector for additional $10.
I just ordered a set.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes! I would like the clear edge protectors too. My friend just got a 2021 Honda Ridgeline it was already on it. They were a thin film... not the chrome plastic mega-edges we had in high school!
I just made a post about the PPF door edge kit, super easy to install and invisible unless you are trying hard to see it close up. My 2020 Camry also had all of the door edges, the Door cups and Rear bumper covered and I have loved it. Something I will look to add on any car we have going forward.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Really like the antiglare screen from photodon, but the shipping costs kill the deal for me. Its coming to more than 40$ for all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really like the antiglare screen from photodon, but the shipping costs kill the deal for me. Its coming to more than 40$ for all.
That is about normal, most screen kits that are not going to be from amazon are going to be $40+

1 - 14 of 14 Posts