Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchase a new limited last week and couldn’t be happier. I actually purchased a SEL model because they didn’t have a limited available. Two days later I exchanged the SEL for a Limited that just arrived. I paid almost sticker price after getting a great deal on the SEL, but it was worth it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
Welcome to the happy palisade owners club.
Had mine since January and not a single problem
Enjoy your new Palisade

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes, been busy adding accessories to my Palisade. Weather Tech floor liners (all three rows) padded center armrest, front tints. Ordered ceramic coating, waiting for delivery.
I like the weather tech floor liners, but as noted in other post, they do take away from the comfort and beauty of the Palisade. Weather tech has carpet inserts for some of their liners, but they aren’t available for the Palisade. I’ll give them a try when/if they become available.
So far I absolutely love the Palisade, traded in a 2013 Honda Crosstour that I bought new. Only 44,000 miles on her, but not missing her much with this beauty.

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
Of course you love it, it is a limited.
There my be a couple of little things which would have been nice.
folding auto dimming mirrors, power steering wheel adjustment
third row light and lighted overhead console lights.
I had to nit pick just to find them
But show me an SUV that is perfect.
Ours is so close

·
Registered
116 Posts
Right. No car is perfect. Hyundai really aimed for the fences and hit it out of the park I feel though, relative to the other players in this field.
What I find really surprising is how buttoned down and "luxurious" it feels at normal driving pace. I would never call it a luxury car, but the ride feel and how quiet and stable it rides reminds me of luxury cars from just a few years ago. The hard plastics are common in this class, but even then the grain on the plastics and the way things match should embarrass Chevy and Ford.
Other cars i looked at and test drove: CX-9 Signature, 2020 Highlander and the MDX. Considered driving the Lincoln Aviator, but the price difference deterred me.

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
I almost pulled the plug on a VW Atlas. really nice digital gauge cluster best in the class.
However it lacked one thing I said I would not buy without, HUD. Interior materials are not as up scale as the Palisade.
Highlander and MDX didn't step up to what I wanted. mdx infotainment system sucks and no HUD
One good thing in the Highlander would have been the hybrid. other than that I much prefer the Palisade.
Cadillac XT6 didn't measure up and to much money for what you get
Aviator was really nice but like you That price.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't think it's my imagination, but the Nappa leather I think is only the perforated pieces. the solid leather pieces on the seats feel hard and not what I think "nappa" should feel like. the perforated sections certainly feel more upscale. I liked the feel of the CX9 Signature Nappa leather

·
Registered
662 Posts
I almost pulled the plug on a VW Atlas.
Sounds like you did pull the plug on the Atlas...

Giving you a hard time as I know the use of that idiom has been brought up before on this forum, but this is the only place I've ever seen someone use that phrase in a positive context/to mean anything other that killing the idea/pulling support.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm super satisfied with the Palisade. Just has some little things that wish they would've put more thought into it. like android auto fullscreen issue. Not being able to leave car running and lock the doors. Not having lights on the 3rd row. No heated/cooled seats while remote started. But besides that this is my favorite vehicle that I've ever had. The kids and wife love it.

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
My wife and I had a list of things we wanted in a suv. We test drove 6 Suv's and instantly took 4 off our list.
The Atlas was the only one which made it a choice for us between it and the Palisade. I wanted to stop
short on it but wife liked it. I wanted the Palisade. only reason Atlas stayed on our list was wife liked the room
and the way the second row seat could move with the grand children's seat in it
I would have scraped it right from the start. No HUD

·
Registered
662 Posts
only reason Atlas stayed on our list was wife liked the room
and the way the second row seat could move with the grand children's seat in it
More storage space and the tilt with car seats in the 2nd row are basically the only worthwhile features on the atlas. It falls short in every other way, but it's a VW... that's to be expected it seems.

·
Registered
116 Posts
A friend owned a Volkswagen Cabriolet years ago, and my sister owned a Golf GTI. One look at dealer service costs and how much OEM parts cost convinced me I'd never own a VW myself. Reliable? I guess that depends on your definition of reliable. It might now leave you stranded on the side of the highway, but things were constantly breaking on both VWs.

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
More storage space and the tilt with car seats in the 2nd row are basically the only worthwhile features on the atlas. It falls short in every other way, but it's a VW... that's to be expected it seems.
You can see I agree as we love our Palisade. Wife still see's VW's as good her first car was a VW.
Agree Palisade is a step up in every respect to me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts