Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
In August I got the recall notice, the dealer called and insisted it be inspected even though my 2021 Caligraphy was not equipped with the trailer hitch or hitch wiring. Dealer inspected it in September and took pictures to verify no hitch wiring. Monday Nov 21, I received another notice from Hyundai USA wanting me to verify no hitch per their included diagram for return mail. Apparently they want to double check!
Now I expect another series of repeat recall notices regarding the windshield wiper recall issue that still does not have a fix.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
834 Posts
The dealer pulled my fuses when I took the car in for services. I told them I wanted my fuses back that they stole and then I went right out to the car while they were watching me and put them back in. I then handed them a copy of my recall notice and showed them where it said "if you don't have an oem hitch then do nothing."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Similar to others... I've got an aftermarket wiring kit on my 2021, and the service tech pulled the fuse. Said if I were to replace the fuse and it were to catch fire, it would not be covered. So I'll be hoping Hyundai can come up with a better fix soon.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
443 Posts
Similar to others... I've got an aftermarket wiring kit on my 2021, and the service tech pulled the fuse. Said if I were to replace the fuse and it were to catch fire, it would not be covered. So I'll be hoping Hyundai can come up with a better fix soon.
You never would have been “covered” if an aftermarket thing caught on fire anyway. Any fix Hyundai has coming isn’t going to affect your car because you don’t have the problem part in the first place.

It is incredibly aggravating to hear more and more tales of dealers just pulling the fuse for any and all cars. It’s annoying enough when owners and people on social media can’t figure it out… you’d hope the dealers could at least read and understand the information made available to them.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts