Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have horses and already experimented whether your regular tack cleaner will be a good fit for your leather seats? I have the good leather cleaner, the stuff that we use to clean show saddles and bridles, and it seems silly to buy something else just for the car. Our equine saddle cleaners are probably more expensive than the auto industry cleaners so wanted to see if anyone else is in the same situation. I have the beige seats so I definitely don't want to strip or darken the seats.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Modern automotive leathers have a thin layer of vinyl sealant on them. I wouldnt be quick to assume that a saddle leather product is appropriate for automotive leather without more research.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I'm seeing, Leather Honey is marketing as an all-around leather sealer for equestrian and auto use. If that's the case then equestrian leather care can't have silicones in order to maintain the quality. I'm hesitant to use Chemical Guys because of the occasional review that said that the product stripped the dye off. Thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts