Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So oddly enough first two gas tank fills ended up Full Service instead of Self Service so it took a month to see when I went to Costco today.

Unscrewed the gas gap and I see what look around a 1 inch by 1/4 inch rust bead on Rust bead around lip of Fuel Filler Neck. Ill post a picture when I get an opportunity to take one. Something to discuss at the dealership at my first oil change I guess. Suppose I can take a picture of it send it to the dealer/s. I did not buy at the ones closest to me. Should have in retrospect too long a story to go into.

Side note I am used to my Honda Gas gap being able to be turned past closed sort of like a check sum that gap is tight. The Hyundai turns and locked and that's it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is what it looks like. Took it do a dealer who said they would speak to the Hyundai rep. Can one of you also take a picture from a little bit of angle of your fuel filler neck with gas gap off please. Besides the rust bead it seems the neck is not fully seated, it’s floating over the part it sits in. Guess i should file a complaint as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here is what it looks like. Took it do a dealer who said they would speak to the Hyundai rep. Can one of you also take a picture from a little bit of angle of your fuel filler neck with gas gap off please. Besides the rust bead it seems the neck is not fully seated, it’s floating over the part it sits in. Guess i should file a complaint as well.
Here is mine. No rust, but same gap in neck... I wonder if it helps in venting?

IMG_4221.jpg

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks makes me feel better that we have same gap / seated the same. Waiting on "Hyundai REP" who is on vacation. Contacted Hyundai Web support via web site they mentioned perforation warranty. Of course not perforated since its brand new but rust bead not normal either.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So my other local dealer made the efforts to get the approval from Hyundai corporate to replace the fuel filler neck.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will find out when they replace it i suppose. Part should take about a week. Does not make sense to design it that way and have something that looks like a clip for no reason. I know nothing about fuel filler necks or how Hyundai normally installs them. They do want my Gas tank as empty as possible before replacement. Not sure how empty yet.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Will find out when they replace it i suppose. Part should take about a week. Does not make sense to design it that way and have something that looks like a clip for no reason. I know nothing about fuel filler necks or how Hyundai normally installs them. They do want my Gas tank as empty as possible before replacement. Not sure how empty yet.
They may have to drop the fuel tank in order to replace the filler neck, so they would want it to be a light as possible.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fuel Filler Neck/RUST BEAD: Just completed the service dropped it off around 7:30am and they were done by around Noon looks brand new and clean. Still floats above the receiver like poster Palisade who was kind enough to post theirs. It really pays to find the correct dealer.
- This Dealer service center ended up being closer and they took really good care. Got it approved, Called when part came in, flexible hours, dropped me at train, called when it was ready (fixed quick, addressed any other concerns before and after. Funny part is this is not the dealer I purchased from nor the dealer I thought I would use in the future. I will most certainly make my second purchase there. My 2nd closest dealer was just the opposite service wise. They refused to help after 1/2 dozen calls over 10 days reminding them to follow up with manager and Hyundai.

Wind: While I had it in I handed the TSB for Wind Noise. I never had a whistle and never really thought Wind was loud enough that it might not have been "Normal". There are so many other noises on the highway, pavement, other cars, tires, etc. None the less Color TSB in hand reviewed with service manager and they ordered the parts. Apparently only for Right Side at this juncture, noise they claimed to confirm.

PROP: I twice recently pushed the car not not for the first time into the 65 to 75 range for short bits, just did not have a long enough trip to sustain for more than couple of minutes.. Just prior to service. No vibration or noise. I swore once in the last 1000 miles/ 11 weeks I might of heard something funny from back but have not heard it since.

Heat Feet: I asked as well about Bi Level heat. On really cold days I can roast my Torso alive and I love the heated seats which are better then I have had in past. But my Feet (when not booted) bit chilly down there. Truth be told my Odyssey was the same. This Hyundai service claimed as "normal". I might have been frustrated except both by Odyssey were exactly the same.

Fuel Level: Drove my fuel level down to lowest ever as they were dropping the tank for the install. Got down as low as 38 miles and around 1 notch. If I recall it took only around 14 Gallons to refill, which 4.8 gallons left. I am used to my cars lying to me but that's a bit much. I would have guessed 1/8 around 2.5 gallons but that is actually more like a 1/4 tank. My Odyssey used to bring up E and Orange "Warning light" around 4 Gallons, this is on a 21 Gallon Tank so smaller percentage.

OK that concludes my service adventure.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Fuel Filler Neck/RUST BEAD: Just completed the service dropped it off around 7:30am and they were done by around Noon looks brand new and clean. Still floats above the receiver like poster Palisade who was kind enough to post theirs. It really pays to find the correct dealer.
- This Dealer service center ended up being closer and they took really good care. Got it approved, Called when part came in, flexible hours, dropped me at train, called when it was ready (fixed quick, addressed any other concerns before and after. Funny part is this is not the dealer I purchased from nor the dealer I thought I would use in the future. I will most certainly make my second purchase there. My 2nd closest dealer was just the opposite service wise. They refused to help after 1/2 dozen calls over 10 days reminding them to follow up with manager and Hyundai.

Wind: While I had it in I handed the TSB for Wind Noise. I never had a whistle and never really thought Wind was loud enough that it might not have been "Normal". There are so many other noises on the highway, pavement, other cars, tires, etc. None the less Color TSB in hand reviewed with service manager and they ordered the parts. Apparently only for Right Side at this juncture, noise they claimed to confirm.

PROP: I twice recently pushed the car not not for the first time into the 65 to 75 range for short bits, just did not have a long enough trip to sustain for more than couple of minutes.. Just prior to service. No vibration or noise. I swore once in the last 1000 miles/ 11 weeks I might of heard something funny from back but have not heard it since.

Heat Feet: I asked as well about Bi Level heat. On really cold days I can roast my Torso alive and I love the heated seats which are better then I have had in past. But my Feet (when not booted) bit chilly down there. Truth be told my Odyssey was the same. This Hyundai service claimed as "normal". I might have been frustrated except both by Odyssey were exactly the same.

Fuel Level: Drove my fuel level down to lowest ever as they were dropping the tank for the install. Got down as low as 38 miles and around 1 notch. If I recall it took only around 14 Gallons to refill, which 4.8 gallons left. I am used to my cars lying to me but that's a bit much. I would have guessed 1/8 around 2.5 gallons but that is actually more like a 1/4 tank. My Odyssey used to bring up E and Orange "Warning light" around 4 Gallons, this is on a 21 Gallon Tank so smaller percentage.

OK that concludes my service adventure.
Glad you got your filler neck exchanged, and more importantly, found a dealer that is willing to provide great service. As for the fuel level, the lowest I dropped mine to was 6 miles left. I filled it up, and it only took 16.8 gallons. That meant it still had around 2 gallons of gas.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Marcus I am assuming its some sort of Steel since it had a rust bead and Aluminum does not rust. I was more worried about parts I could not see. Thanks for Xtra info on Fuel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts