Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help trying to locate a reverse wire in the dash so I can power a backup monitor.

I have a wireless camera and monitor for my camper, so I would like to power that on while in reverse to see what is behind my camper. I know I could tap that wire back at the rear and run a wire up to the monitor, but would love to find that wire within the dash.

Anyone know color and location that is accessible close to the glovebox?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump to see if anyone had ideas.

I heard the yellow wire in the rear view mirror connector is reverse. I could tap that I guess and run wire down into the dash, but there must be a reverse wire closer in the dash that someone knows before I have to dig around in there with a multi-meter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, since I didn't get more info, I just decided to use the wire in the rear view mirror.
So I ran from yellow there down to glovebox. Picked up ground via the lower left bolt (checked first to verify it was a good ground)

So now when I tow my camper, I can stick the monitor on the vent holder and when in reverse I can see what is behind my camper. In this case it's my kid's playhouse and some ladders since the camper is sitting next to my garage. The wireless transmitter and receiver work like 50' away and makes it super nice to know what is behind the camper.

When not in use, it can sit in the glovebox.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts