Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just purchased my ‘2Calligraphy on Saturday and even tho it’s only been 5 days, I absolutely love it. Thus far I haven’t experienced any of the issues anybody else has mentioned (wind noise, headrest odor, vibration). I got the light beige leather if that matters.
So many people seem to dislike the wheels, but I love them for the very fact that they are different from everything else.
The differences between Limited and Calligraphy are the wheels, quilted leather pattern in the doors, different grill, suede headliner, extra light between the high beam and lows beams and a chrome trim piece at the bottom on the back as well as the chrome trim at the bottom front having a different pattern (these last 3 were inconsequential to me).
I had been set on a Chevy Tahoe and drove one for about a week then drove a Palisade for a week before making my decision. My previous Hicks was a Cadillac CTS. The Palisade just looks a little different from all the other SUVs out there. And it just looks and feels like luxury. I thought about waiting for the Genesis GV80 but I wanted a larger SUV.
It has a lot of tech features that others don’t and that swayed me as well.
As far as trim, you just have to weigh cost vs features and decide what’s right for you. But the quality and value are great and can’t imagine anybody regretting the purchase of a Palisade.
I hope my viewpoint was helpful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello. I could use some advice on the Palisade, although I'm sure most if not all folks here are owners and/or fans of the car. I'm coming from a 2019 BMW X3 that I bought 10 months ago (after owning an Explorer Limited since 2011). I've always wanted a bmw, and I can't afford a X5, so I went with a used X3, and I do not like it...too small, the infotainment is flakey, and it drives odd at times, plus its maintenance and TCO will be very high through the years. I'm not upside down on it, but the equity is very low (about 2k), so any car I purchase will be 99% financed. I will keep the car for at least 7-10 years, as long as it's not an utter disappointment like the X3 has been.

I found the Pailisade after unsuccessfully searching for a Telluride that is not being sold for a huge mark up over msrp, and I like it. The push button shifter is very weird to me, but I think I can get used to it. Its function is similar to the Telluride, and while its exterior/interior forms are quite different, it's grown on me.

I was leaning toward the SEL with Premium FWD due to it having most of the features I want at the lower price point, but they're hard to find locally and I've come to really like the Limited features, so I'm going to a dealer on Monday to look at a Limited FWD that's priced at 2k under msrp, which is an anomaly from the other local/nearby dealers who are listing Limiteds at thousands over msrp. A Limited at 2k under msrp with only 2k (trade equity) down is going to make my payment pretty high (~704 for 72 months), so I have to be as sure as possible that this is a great car for the long haul.

Any ideas why this dealer would be listing several 2021 Limiteds under msrp (shown as "dealer discount")? Something to be concerned about? How about the smell issue? I know there's another forum post about that, but it sounds like it's a common and terrible issue. If you ha the opportunity to do it all over again, would you buy the Palisade Limited with the Napa Leather? Should I wait to find a SEL with Premium at an under msrp price point (I really like ventilated seats...it gets very hot here)? Any other issues to be concerned about before I pull this trigger?

Thank you for any help. :)
Look forward a 2020 Limited. More features. Lower price, better dealer financing, Great car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 sel awdand I loved it initially but after driving it for a while I noticed that at around thirty miles an hour the car struggles to find the right gear. So if you want to get off gas and just have the car
roll to a stop the car instantly slows down. The gearing should stay in second or third gear but it jumps right to first so it becomes very noticeable and bothersome. On the acceration side the car at times lags when your trying to jump into traffic and when you give it more gas the car has a tendency to really take off. So if your just trying to drive smooth you struggle to do so. That is my one real complaint. I believe this could be fixed by Hyundai if enough people made note of it. The other little issue I have is the radio without navigation does not give the best sound. If I had to do it again I would have spent the extra cash for the navigation and better sound system.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Look forward a 2020 Limited. More features. Lower price, better dealer financing, Great car.
[/QUOTE
I have a 2020 sel awdand I loved it initially but after driving it for a while I noticed that at around thirty miles an hour the car struggles to find the right gear. So if you want to get off gas and just have the car
roll to a stop the car instantly slows down. The gearing should stay in second or third gear but it jumps right to first so it becomes very noticeable and bothersome. On the acceration side the car at times lags when your trying to jump into traffic and when you give it more gas the car has a tendency to really take off. So if your just trying to drive smooth you struggle to do so. That is my one real complaint. I believe this could be fixed by Hyundai if enough people made note of it. The other little issue I have is the radio without navigation does not give the best sound. If I had to do it again I would have spent the extra cash for the navigation and better sound system.
Just grab my buy back check today , good bye Palisade, good bye hyundai! Hello LEXUS!

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
What drive mode are you in? If you are in sport there will be a more noticeable shifting than if you are in comfort or eco.
You might want to take it to the dealership and ask them to reset the transmission to the factory specs.
The transmission controller learns from your driving habits and can sometimes get confused. A reset should bring
everything back to the start again

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
93 Posts
This isn't at all how our SEL drives. I don't really know anything about mechanics, but that sounds as if something is wrong with your car and it should be looked at.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks for the replies. The Palisade seems to have its fans and detractors, with varying experiences between the smell and mechanical/structural issues. Mechanical and structural issues crop up in all cars across all manufacturers, and since the smell issue has a fix(es), I went ahead and bought a black/black 21 Limited FWD to replace my X3. I'll keep a close eye (and nose) on the smell issue, and hopefully get the headrests removed at first smell.

It's funny...the X3 is about as non luxury as you can get in a BMW (felt and sounded cheap, although it was pretty fun to drive), and this Palisade has so many features (tech, safety, luxury and space) that the X3 can't match...it's not even close. And the new Palisade is thousands less than a new X3 (I bought my X3 used, one year old). I'd wanted a BMW since I was a kid, and it was not worth it...not a good experience. Hopefully the Palisade will be a different story.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think you'll love your decision to purchase. My Limited is the most fun I've ever had driving a vehicle. No one can match the bang for the buck. I'm not sure about 2021 models from other manufacturers, but last I heard, Hyundai was the only one in the world that has the live camera feed on the instrument panel when you turn on your blinkers. Love that feature among many many others. Welcome to the family.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
93 Posts
Congratulations on your new car. I hope you love yours as much as we love ours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What drive mode are you in? If you are in sport there will be a more noticeable shifting than if you are in comfort or eco.
You might want to take it to the dealership and ask them to reset the transmission to the factory specs.
The transmission controller learns from your driving habits and can sometimes get confused. A reset should bring
everything back to the start again
Thanks for your input. I have driven in every mode with same results. Sport mode is more noticeable. I am due for first dealer service so I will ask about transmission reset.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the replies. The Palisade seems to have its fans and detractors, with varying experiences between the smell and mechanical/structural issues. Mechanical and structural issues crop up in all cars across all manufacturers, and since the smell issue has a fix(es), I went ahead and bought a black/black 21 Limited FWD to replace my X3. I'll keep a close eye (and nose) on the smell issue, and hopefully get the headrests removed at first smell.

It's funny...the X3 is about as non luxury as you can get in a BMW (felt and sounded cheap, although it was pretty fun to drive), and this Palisade has so many features (tech, safety, luxury and space) that the X3 can't match...it's not even close. And the new Palisade is thousands less than a new X3 (I bought my X3 used, one year old). I'd wanted a BMW since I was a kid, and it was not worth it...not a good experience. Hopefully the Palisade will be a different story.
Congratulations on your new ride and I hope it will serve you well. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
I wish Hyundai can fix a Palisade issues, I wish I wouldn’t have to fill out for a lemon case...
Didn't you just say two days ago in your post that you returned the Palisade and got your lemon law check?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Then why do you have to

So why would you be filling out a lemon law case after it has been closed already
I am not filling out a case , I said I wish I wouldn’t have filled out... ( sorry , wrong verbal tense) the case is closed. But I wish I could be driving my Palisade ( crying...😭)
Then why do you have to

So why would you be filling out a lemon law case after it has been closed already
I wouldn’t have FILLED,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello. I could use some advice on the Palisade, although I'm sure most if not all folks here are owners and/or fans of the car. I'm coming from a 2019 BMW X3 that I bought 10 months ago (after owning an Explorer Limited since 2011). I've always wanted a bmw, and I can't afford a X5, so I went with a used X3, and I do not like it...too small, the infotainment is flakey, and it drives odd at times, plus its maintenance and TCO will be very high through the years. I'm not upside down on it, but the equity is very low (about 2k), so any car I purchase will be 99% financed. I will keep the car for at least 7-10 years, as long as it's not an utter disappointment like the X3 has been.

I found the Pailisade after unsuccessfully searching for a Telluride that is not being sold for a huge mark up over msrp, and I like it. The push button shifter is very weird to me, but I think I can get used to it. Its function is similar to the Telluride, and while its exterior/interior forms are quite different, it's grown on me.

I was leaning toward the SEL with Premium FWD due to it having most of the features I want at the lower price point, but they're hard to find locally and I've come to really like the Limited features, so I'm going to a dealer on Monday to look at a Limited FWD that's priced at 2k under msrp, which is an anomaly from the other local/nearby dealers who are listing Limiteds at thousands over msrp. A Limited at 2k under msrp with only 2k (trade equity) down is going to make my payment pretty high (~704 for 72 months), so I have to be as sure as possible that this is a great car for the long haul.

Any ideas why this dealer would be listing several 2021 Limiteds under msrp (shown as "dealer discount")? Something to be concerned about? How about the smell issue? I know there's another forum post about that, but it sounds like it's a common and terrible issue. If you ha the opportunity to do it all over again, would you buy the Palisade Limited with the Napa Leather? Should I wait to find a SEL with Premium at an under msrp price point (I really like ventilated seats...it gets very hot here)? Any other issues to be concerned about before I pull this trigger?

Thank you for any help. :)
PULL THE TRIGGER,I CANT STAND GREEDY DEALERS AND ALWAYS WALK.THE BEAMER IS SMALL BUT I JUST TRADED A 2017 EXPLORER LIMITED FOR A PALLISADE LIMITED FOR ABOUT INVOICE PRICE (CASH BUYER AND $18k TRADE EQUITY)ANYWAY ITS APPLES AND ORANGES,FIRST LOOK AT THE WARRANTY,FIRST 3 YEARS ALL OIL CHANGES AND TIRE ROTATION IS FREE.FYI HYUNDAI EXPORTS THE FINEST STEEL TO GERMANY AND OWN KIA AS OF LATE.TELLURIDE ISNT AS NICE EVEN THOUGH SAME COMANY.MY PALISADE IS HYPER WHITE W/BEIGE NAPPA LEATHER,MORE CARGO THAT THE EXPLORER AND GAS MILEAGE IS SHOWING 26 MPG.AN X3 IS AN EPENSIVE REPAIR NO MATTER WHAT SO LOOK AT THE $$$ YOULL SAVE,MINE CAME WITH HANKOOK 20" TIRES WHERE OTHERS COME WITH BRIDGESTONE,NOT A FAN BUT HAVE BEEN DRIVING ON HANKOOK TIRES FOR 20 YEARS,THESE ARE THE VENTUS AND WARRANTY IS FOR 50K MILES.THINK OF A PALISADE AS A SISTER TO THE ESCALADE,CLOSE TO $80K VS $45k BETTER,MORE INCLUDED OPTIONS WHAT WOULD BE OPTIONS.DONT BE FOOLED BY THIS DEALER,IF OTHERS ARE SELLING OVER MSRP AND THIS DEALER IS UNDER BY $2K HE JUST MIGHT USING FIRST RESPONDER,COLLEGE GRAD AND DISASTER DISCOUNTS.READ THE FINE PRINT.FWD LIMITED IS AROUND $43,500 AT DEALER COST,DOESNT MAKE SENSE ALL THE LOCAL DEALERS ARE CHARGING MORE AND NOT THIS ONE.HERE IN PALM BEACH ONE SEALER IS CHARGING $10k VER STICKER!ANYWAY,CHECK OUT THE PRICE FINEPRINT AND IF ITS LEGIT BUY THE PALLISADE,GOOGLE THE COMPARISON AGAINSTTHE BMW.THE SEL WHEN ALL OPTIONS ARE ADDED IS MORE THAN THE LIMITED,BEST OF LUCK!

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
I am not filling out a case , I said I wish I wouldn’t have filled out... ( sorry , wrong verbal tense) the case is closed. But I wish I could be driving my Palisade ( crying...😭)

I wouldn’t have FILLED,
sorry to hear you almost wish you hadn't done a buy back.
Hyundai is correcting the problems little by little, but not very fast
they still haven't gotten to the wind noise in the all ready sold Palisades
But you can fix that yourself.
So what did you end up getting to replace the Palisade?

·
Registered
16 Posts
sorry to hear you almost wish you hadn't done a buy back.
Hyundai is correcting the problems little by little, but not very fast
they still haven't gotten to the wind noise in the all ready sold Palisades
But you can fix that yourself.
So what did you end up getting to replace the Palisade?
In few words everybody buy a brand new car to have peace of mind, I drove my palisade for 1 week or so then back and forth to dealership, I loved the palisade but I couldn’t stand that situation even they “promissed” to fix the issues, I got my check a week ago and bought a 2021 Lexus RX 350 , I am very satisfied with my new Lexus.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts