Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like it takes about 30 seconds or more after remote start to actually execute. Anyone else seeing these delays in Toronto Canada? I find it all very annoying tbh. Otherwise love my Palisade.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Sorry only have Fob start which has no delay beyond the hand shake back and forth a couple of seconds... Blue link works over Cellular data I presume which has to to the equivalent of connect to your account, log into your account, connect back to your car and tell it waky waky.
-No idea what normal best time is ,but if we're the kind of person to guess I would imagine the minimum time would be around 10 seconds. 30 Seconds does not sound crazy. Car is not going to get much warmer unless you have a few minutes...

·
Registered
151 Posts
If it's any consolation at least we're lucky that we have the keyfob remote start capability. The Telluride folks can only use their version of BlueLink (UVO?), no keyfob start. All in all a 30 second latency isn't terrible but I also wish it would respond faster.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, the app is pretty bad when it comes to remote services. I really only use to make sure I've locked the car. I park in a parking garage, so I don't really care about the remote start as much.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Living within 10 miles of a metro area, the blue link remote services don't work more than 25% of the time for me. Being a tech guy, please realize that bluelink remote services use 3G cellular service signals and those can be spotty. What's more hilarious is that they tell you right in the owners manual that 3G is being phased out and by 2022 you might not be able to use these services any more. Not a lot of forward thinking by the engineers on that one!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Odd and Interesting. No Cell phones are 3G only anymore, all do 4G and well 5G will a many year adoption to get "right". Maybe the manual incorrect on 3G front or not clear? What page is that on. It would make more sense that the minimum level of service required to use the feature on both phone and car is 3G. We have all seen that when were stuck with Edge, 1x, 2x, even 3G is pretty bad (when were tryin to do data things on our cell phones). Only LTE/4G hops.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Living within 10 miles of a metro area, the blue link remote services don't work more than 25% of the time for me. Being a tech guy, please realize that bluelink remote services use 3G cellular service signals and those can be spotty. What's more hilarious is that they tell you right in the owners manual that 3G is being phased out and by 2022 you might not be able to use these services any more. Not a lot of forward thinking by the engineers on that one!!!
This is completely untrue. The cellular modem in the Palisade is an LTE modem. Not 3G.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Son of a gun sodaker is right - in the "Blue Link User Manual, Display Audio and Navigation System", downloaded from the Hyundai website on page 1 it states that "This vehicle may utilizes 3G technology, which is expected to no longer function after 2022". (Copied verbatim, including grammar errors). But in the Blue Link Gen 2 manual there is no such reference. Nor is there any reference to LTE, only a reference to an "enhanced cellular network with automatic roaming". I suspect the Blue Link in our Palisades is the Gen 2 version and utilizes LTE, but I have no proof indicating that is the case. I can't even begin to imagine Hyundai would make such a colossal mistake of using a 3G modem in a brand new 2020 model, but I'd sure like to see an official statement from Hyundai explaining the disparity.

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
cell phone servers are phasing out 3G service in 2022, So all of you with an older phone will have to replace them.
that doesn't mean the Palisade has a 3G modem. Cell phone companies just don't want to keep supporting an old system, it adds cost to them operating. Try getting support from microsoft for your Windows ME computer

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Son of a gun sodaker is right - in the "Blue Link User Manual, Display Audio and Navigation System", downloaded from the Hyundai website on page 1 it states that "This vehicle may utilizes 3G technology, which is expected to no longer function after 2022". (Copied verbatim, including grammar errors). But in the Blue Link Gen 2 manual there is no such reference. Nor is there any reference to LTE, only a reference to an "enhanced cellular network with automatic roaming". I suspect the Blue Link in our Palisades is the Gen 2 version and utilizes LTE, but I have no proof indicating that is the case. I can't even begin to imagine Hyundai would make such a colossal mistake of using a 3G modem in a brand new 2020 model, but I'd sure like to see an official statement from Hyundai explaining the disparity.
You do not need a statement from Hyundai. As I said above, the earlier post stating that we only have a 3G modem is completely untrue. This is documented in the infotainment manual (see screenshot below). The modem is an LTE one. It also has CDMA to fall back to when 4G/LTE isn't available (next page in the manual from where this screenshot was taken). Furthermore, you can see the status of your modem in the infotainment system. The older Blue Link manual you found is for older vehicles, as you found out by noticing the newer manual.

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
There are parts of the country which still only have 3G coverage. Harvard, NEW YORK only has coverage for 3G so the palisade could use that coverage if in that area. Up to 2022 when 3G will no longer be available there. Hopefully the carriers will upgrade the cell coverage in that area by then.
There is no 4G or 5G coverage in that area period. No matter what modem or cell phone you have.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
There are parts of the country which still only have 3G coverage. Harvard, NEW YORK only has coverage for 3G so the palisade could use that coverage if in that area. Up to 2022 when 3G will no longer be available there. Hopefully the carriers will upgrade the cell coverage in that area by then.
There is no 4G or 5G coverage in that area period. No matter what modem or cell phone you have.
The modem in the palisade can also fall back to 3G CDMA, as I mentioned in my previous post. You’re fine until carriers turn off 3G in that particular area of the country.

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
I only visit there for a short time in the summer. Up till 4 years ago they didn't even have cell service from any carrier.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Seems like it takes about 30 seconds or more after remote start to actually execute. Anyone else seeing these delays in Toronto Canada? I find it all very annoying tbh. Otherwise love my Palisade.
I am in the US. My Bluelink remote start and other commands take about 10-15 seconds. But so far they worked every time though we are in a large metro area.

·
Registered
184 Posts
my bluelink remote start works fine. yes, a 15-30 seconds or so delay. i can tolerate that. What I like is that I can use it through Amazon Echo or google Assistant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just purchased a new palisade and the Bluelink app is the only negative. Horribly slow, requires PIN entry multiple times, does not turn on seat heaters and limited to 8 uses per day. Very poor compared to the Ford App that I'm used to.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just purchased a new palisade and the Bluelink app is the only negative. Horribly slow, requires PIN entry multiple times, does not turn on seat heaters and limited to 8 uses per day. Very poor compared to the Ford App that I'm used to.
Where did you find the 8 uses per day restriction?

I tried using the Map Car Finder feature yesterday and it still showed the car where it was a couple days ago, rather than outside in my driveway. I called support and their records showed a few recent failed messages which I never saw, but tech person did something (she doesn't know what), but when I tried it again the location was correct. I hope their system works better when they use it to locate a stolen vehicle.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Where did you find the 8 uses per day restriction?

I tried using the Map Car Finder feature yesterday and it still showed the car where it was a couple days ago, rather than outside in my driveway. I called support and their records showed a few recent failed messages which I never saw, but tech person did something (she doesn't know what), but when I tried it again the location was correct. I hope their system works better when they use it to locate a stolen vehicle.
The Car Finder feature of BlueLink app does not automatically update your car's location. When you go into that feature it will show the last known location. You must press the refresh button (upper left of map), wait up to a minute and then you will see where your car really is. By the way, if you have an iPhone with facial recognition you never need to enter a password to use the app. Works much faster.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts