Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any way we can find a way to make the remote start function run longer? Either blulink or from the fob. 10minutes just isn’t long enough sometimes with these cold northeast mornings to get the car warmed up. Would rather 15/20 mins

anyone else feel this way? Maybe Hyundai for reprogram it for us

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Unlikely. Remote starts on most every car time out. Don't want someone to start it up in their garage and fill it with carbon monoxide on accident.

·
Registered
14 Posts
On my Ford F-150 if you repeat the remote starting procedure once the vehicle has started the time is extended from 10 minutes to 20 minuets. Not sure if this would work on the Palisade but worth a try. Another nice feature on the Ford remote, if the remote start worked a light flashes green and if it didn't work it flashes red.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Why not just start the 10 minute cycle a second time? That works for me. I'm sure there's a limit to the number of times you can restart it remotely, but I'm not sure what the max is.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Why not just start the 10 minute cycle a second time? That works for me. I'm sure there's a limit to the number of times you can restart it remotely, but I'm not sure what the max is.
That’s a good idea, actually! I know it is an extra step, but if needed...

·
Registered
71 Posts
On my Ford F-150 if you repeat the remote starting procedure once the vehicle has started the time is extended from 10 minutes to 20 minuets. Not sure if this would work on the Palisade but worth a try. Another nice feature on the Ford remote, if the remote start worked a light flashes green and if it didn't work it flashes red.
I tried repeating the remote starting procedure before the 10 minutes were up and it actually turned the car off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I tried repeating the remote starting procedure before the 10 minutes were up and it actually turned the car off.
On the Ford you have to repeat the procedure immediately to obtain the 20 minute run time. Again not sure if this is just a Ford thing or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My key fob will only make it run for like 15 seconds. I’ve adjusted the time on the app to 10 mins, 9 mins and 8 mins and it still dies after 15 seconds when using the key fob.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts