Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I remote start my Palisade can I...
  • Have the parking lights turn on automatically?
  • Have the heated seat and steering wheel turn on automatically?

Problem 1 - I remote start in early morning, before sunrise, and I can not visually tell if Palisade engine has started because it's completely dark outside. Can I have the parking lights turn on automatically? other cars do this but not the Palisade.

Problem 2 - I remote start in cold weather, and I would like to get in to a warm seat and steering wheel. Is there a way to set the Palisade where if remote starts under 40 degrees Fahrenheit... the heated seat and steering wheel to turn on automatically.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
When I remote start my Palisade can I...
  • Have the parking lights turn on automatically?
  • Have the heated seat and steering wheel turn on automatically?
Problem 1 - I remote start in early morning, before sunrise, and I can not visually tell if Palisade engine has started because it's completely dark outside. Can I have the parking lights turn on automatically? other cars do this but not the Palisade.

Problem 2 - I remote start in cold weather, and I would like to get in to a warm seat and steering wheel. Is there a way to set the Palisade where if remote starts under 40 degrees Fahrenheit... the heated seat and steering wheel to turn on automatically.
I don't believe the lights come on. If your lights aren't set to Auto, maybe they'll come on if you remote start?

As to heated features, you can turn on the heated steering wheel if you remote start using the Blue Link App. But not the seats.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If your lights are set to auto they will not kick on if you remote start the vehicle...probably because the car doors are locked?
If you use the remote start on the key fob, I thought your parking lights flash before the engine turns over. If you use Blue Link, I don't think there is any indication aside from a text/email confirming.
If you have your lights set to auto and you hit the unlock button once the headlights will kick on, for a period of time....if you hit unlock twice the headlights will go off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I hope Hyundai reads this. As a comfort and convenience feature it makes no sense for the heated steering wheel and seats to not activate when the Palisade is remote started because the whole remote start feature is used during in cold weather.

It's also a safety feature to have the parking lights on while the Palisade is idling after a remote start... just to confirm and remind the owner the engine is running. Other manufactures do this and I find it reassuring to glance out the window and know the engine is running.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks, I hope Hyundai reads this. As a comfort and convenience feature it makes no sense for the heated steering wheel and seats to not activate when the Palisade is remote started because the whole remote start feature is used during in cold weather.
Wow. Totally agree. My wife's Pacifica steering wheel and driver's seat comes on when remote started. Bummer to not at least have the option to activate this or not in the control center.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't believe the lights come on. If your lights aren't set to Auto, maybe they'll come on if you remote start?

As to heated features, you can turn on the heated steering wheel if you remote start using the Blue Link App. But not the seats.
on the app there is a symbol for the seat heat/cool butI can’t activate it and once your in the details screen there no option for seats

·
Registered
80 Posts
on the app there is a symbol for the seat heat/cool butI can’t activate it and once your in the details screen there no option for seats
This must be a recent update. Checking my app (I haven't used remote start in months, but will this winter when it finally gets cold), there is a check box titled "Heated Features" and includes Rear Defroster, Side Mirrors, and Steering Wheel (if equipped). By default is was turned off. I just turned it on so next time I use remote start these features will activate.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
538 Posts
This must be a recent update. Checking my app (I haven't used remote start in months, but will this winter when it finally gets cold), there is a check box titled "Heated Features" and includes Rear Defroster, Side Mirrors, and Steering Wheel (if equipped). By default is was turned off. I just turned it on so next time I use remote start these features will activate.
Which remote setting were you looking at? There are multiple including Summer and Winter. On mine if you use the Winter one, the heated features was already turned on by default.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Which remote setting were you looking at? There are multiple including Summer and Winter. On mine if you use the Winter one, the heated features was already turned on by default.
I was looking at the Winter. I would have thought the heated features would have been on by default, but they were not. And they only saved when I hit "Submit" at the bottom. If I just backed out of the window they were not saved.

I also made the Winter setting my "Default Preset" so when I remote start, that will be the active feature set.

As Tbbarton said, there is a graphic for a heated seat in the main window, but no way to activate that and it isn't included in the "Heated Features."

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
538 Posts
I was looking at the Winter. I would have thought the heated features would have been on by default, but they were not. And they only saved when I hit "Submit" at the bottom. If I just backed out of the window they were not saved.

I also made the Winter setting my "Default Preset" so when I remote start, that will be the active feature set.

As Tbbarton said, there is a graphic for a heated seat in the main window, but no way to activate that and it isn't included in the "Heated Features."
Yeah IDK, mine has been on by default ever since I bought the car a couple months ago. Summer...it's off, Winter its been On the entire time.

Regarding the seats, that has been discussed countless times on here and on the FB forums. Yeah a little misleading by showing the seats on the top level page but they are grayed out. Not sure why this isn't a current feature yet and nobody can seem to get an answer from Hyundai or BlueLink.

·
Registered
164 Posts
II also made the Winter setting my "Default Preset" so when I remote start, that will be the active feature set.
Are you saying that by selecting the Winter setting and setting the Default Preset to ON, it will become the default when using the remote start feature on the FOB? The APP has 4 options, Summer, Winter, Preset3, and Preset4 and they all have a Default Preset option. I haven't tried playing with this yet but would appreciate info you have.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
538 Posts
Are you saying that by selecting the Winter setting and setting the Default Preset to ON, it will become the default when using the remote start feature on the FOB? The APP has 4 options, Summer, Winter, Preset3, and Preset4 and they all have a Default Preset option. I haven't tried playing with this yet but would appreciate info you have.
I don't personally see anything in the BlueLink manual regarding this but yeah same, I was also curious what the default preset actually means. Need to check and see if that's the case.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
538 Posts

It's also a safety feature to have the parking lights on while the Palisade is idling after a remote start... just to confirm and remind the owner the engine is running. Other manufactures do this and I find it reassuring to glance out the window and know the engine is running.
Well maybe Hyundai was doing us a favor to not turn on the lights for remote start. Multiple cities...including mine have a city ordinance that you must be in the car if the engine is running. I have, no kidding, heard of people getting tickets because their cars were running without them inside. So anyways, the manual actually references this and to check local laws before using remote start. Now is this really the reason the lights aren't on? Probably not, but who knows...

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
224 Posts
Is the most annoying feature that you can’t remotely start the car unless the doors are locked or is that just me?

No option to auto-lock is annoying as hell.

Then you use the remote start on the app and it successfully submits only to get the message a minute or 2 later saying it failed because the doors weren’t locked.

How about combine the lock and start command all in one, offer auto-lock, and/or don’t allow the submission of the remote start unless the vehicle is locked.

If they could fix the seat not being available and the aforementioned in this post, that would be greeeeaaat!

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
538 Posts
Is the most annoying feature that you can’t remotely start the car unless the doors are locked or is that just me?

No option to auto-lock is annoying as hell.

Then you use the remote start on the app and it successfully submits only to get the message a minute or 2 later saying it failed because the doors weren’t locked.

How about combine the lock and start command all in one, offer auto-lock, and/or don’t allow the submission of the remote start unless the vehicle is locked.

If they could fix the seat not being available and the aforementioned in this post, that would be greeeeaaat!
Well I have never owned a car that would allow remote start without the doors being locked first.

Now that being said, BlueLink just did an update and you have to opt in for that feature. If you go to settings, there is a Lock and Start that you can turn on. The way it reads is just that, it will Lock your doors automatically first and then start. I have not had to use this feature since ours is garage kept so honestly not sure if it works as advertised however this is the main reason the app was updated. So I would hope to think since I only own a Palisade and it's showing in my app then it would work but I can't truly find what vehicles are supported. It appears the Version I have is 4.2.40 and it's Android.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well I have never owned a car that would allow remote start without the doors being locked first.

Now that being said, BlueLink just did an update and you have to opt in for that feature. If you go to settings, there is a Lock and Start that you can turn on. The way it reads is just that, it will Lock your doors automatically first and then start. I have not had to use this feature since ours is garage kept so honestly not sure if it works as advertised however this is the main reason the app was updated. So I would hope to think since I only own a Palisade and it's showing in my app then it would work but I can't truly find what vehicles are supported. It appears the Version I have is 4.2.40 and it's Android.
Of course nobody wants to start an unlocked car; so why do they act like are heroes by preventing it! Just lock and start in the request.

Can you show a screen shot of this Lock and Start? This seems like another fork in the road...some users have it and some don’t.
I searched high and low in settings and see no Lock and Start feature.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
538 Posts
Of course nobody wants to start an unlocked car; so why do they act like are heroes by preventing it! Just lock and start in the request.

Can you show a screen shot of this Lock and Start? This seems like another fork in the road...some users have it and some don’t.
I searched high and low in settings and see no Lock and Start feature.
It's in the main app settings.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It's in the main app settings.

View attachment 2687
No such screen exists on the iOS version of the app! This is maddening that there are these unknown forks in the road between customers...there are some settings related to the latest nav update that some users have and some do not too.
1A7C747E-4999-4547-961C-8DFC39D02001.jpeg

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have one Android cell and another Apple cell and both with the latest apps that look the same. A little different than screen above in that they don't have the same Security Enable FACE ID option. And certainly no Remote Start section that blutob2 posted. He has a 2021 but would that make any difference? Maybe there was some step during the install that I didn't do. Confusing why all these differences.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
538 Posts
I have one Android cell and another Apple cell and both with the latest apps that look the same. A little different than screen above in that they don't have the same Security Enable FACE ID option. And certainly no Remote Start section that blutob2 posted. He has a 2021 but would that make any difference? Maybe there was some step during the install that I didn't do. Confusing why all these differences.
And you confirmed the version of the app is the same that I posted...4.2.40? The update was Nov 10 and literally first line regarding update in Play Store says "Introducing Lock and Start". I also remember logging back into the app and a ack message popped up with it. So maybe if you're showing the same version, try logging out and back in. That should be there regardless of model of the Palisade you have, it's an app settings in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts