Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just 1,000 miles on my AWD Limited. Today I was driving in the sun around mid-day and began noticing reflections in the windshield caused by the Heads-Up Unit in the dash. I think it is because the sides of the Unit are shiny. Has anybody else had this problem. These reflections take different shapes depending on what part of the Unit is causing it. One is an elongated triangle shape in the upper left area of the windshield just beyond the normal area where information is displayed. Another happened on the opposite side, but the shape was more rectangular. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks, Tom.

·
Registered
230 Posts
yes, I have. A bit annoying but livable.What about the wind buffeting noise when driver side window is down. I think it's coming off the aerodynamics of the side mirror.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am trying a few fixes for the reflection. I don't drive with the window down very much so have not experienced that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have just 1,000 miles on my AWD Limited. Today I was driving in the sun around mid-day and began noticing reflections in the windshield caused by the Heads-Up Unit in the dash. I think it is because the sides of the Unit are shiny. Has anybody else had this problem. These reflections take different shapes depending on what part of the Unit is causing it. One is an elongated triangle shape in the upper left area of the windshield just beyond the normal area where information is displayed. Another happened on the opposite side, but the shape was more rectangular. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks, Tom.
Hi there. I just saw this post from last year. I have a new 2021 Pali and just noticed it yesterday. It seems to show up only when the sun is hitting the front part of the dashboard top, near where that glass panel is that projects the speed info on the inside of the windshield. At first I thought it was leaking from the projector camera or whatever they use, but I found that it is on the top inside part of the dashboard, the black plastic "lip." A member in Arizona has it too and says he puts a piece of non glossy black cloth and it helps. Now that I know where it is coming from, I will try and get rid of it by experimenting.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there. I just saw this post from last year. I have a new 2021 Pali and just noticed it yesterday. It seems to show up only when the sun is hitting the front part of the dashboard top, near where that glass panel is that projects the speed info on the inside of the windshield. At first I thought it was leaking from the projector camera or whatever they use, but I found that it is on the top inside part of the dashboard, the black plastic "lip." A member in Arizona has it too and says he puts a piece of non glossy black cloth and it helps. Now that I know where it is coming from, I will try and get rid of it by experimenting.
I noticed it mostly when the sun is low and behind me. It happens once in a great while with the non glare black felt.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I noticed it mostly when the sun is low and behind me. It happens once in a great while with the non glare black felt.
That is interesting. I noticed it when the sun is right in front of me. I can move my hand right on the edge of the dash and get rid of it. Never though it could come from behind. Will check. Black felt may be the way to go. I have been reading this Forum since November and had not seen any mentions of this. Wonder if Hyundai is aware of this??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts