Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this as a response to the survey that someone posted on ranking your Palisade from 1 - 10. But it grew into something large enough for its own post.

I really like my Palisade and am glad that I chose it over any other vehicle I was considering. I rarely give anything a 10/10, but below are my reasons for not giving the Palisade a 9 or 10 (roughly in order of personal importance)

• Occasionally flaky smart cruise control during city driving. I purchase the Palisade largely because of the driver-assist technology. I love the lane centering, but the SCC has what I consider a potentially dangerous flaw. I've had the vehicle for two weeks now and there are times when the SCC system will not detect a stopped vehicle that is in front of it. This seems only to happen when either a) the vehicle appears somewhat suddenly (e.g. going over a hill at 45 to come upon a car stopped at a red light), or when the SCC is tracking a vehicle and that lead vehicle changes lanes, and a stopped vehicle is a ways in front of it. It seems to think, "great, no one in front of me anymore, let's accelerate" then never picks up the vehicle at the red light.
    • What makes this issue so annoying is that it appears to entirely software-based. When the SCC system fails to detect the car in front of it and not slow down, the collision assistance does engage. I get the flashing red on the dash and the warning beeps, and the vehicle even started to slow down once (although for obvious reasons, as soon as that warning comes on I start manually braking).
    • There should NEVER be a situation where SCC is engaged, fails to slow down, then the collision detection gets triggered, since they use the exact same set of sensors. Clearly the car knows that something is in front of it that it might collide with in order for the warnings to go off, so wtf doesn't the SCC system get the message and slow down?
    • This does give me some hope there might be an eventual software/firmware fix.
    • This isn't too big of a deal in city driving. I mostly use SCC in the city just for fun and because I like technology. But I'm worried this will happen on the highway, where I actually rely on the SCC system.
      • For instance, it's not uncommon on Colorado highways (especially in the mountains) to quickly switch from going 75 MPH down to stop and go traffic in a very short amount of time. I'm worried that the SCC system will go from having no vehicle in front of it to a stopped vehicle in a traffic jam and won't engage to slow me down.
  • Occasionally flaky rain-sensing wipers: I wish I could disable the rain-sensing feature and just have them on variable intermittence. Colorado recently had a mini-blizzard and I could not get the front wipers at a comfortable level. Either snow wouldn't hit the rain sensor and I'd have to manually flick to low to clear the windshield, or a snowflake would block the sensor and the wipers would switch to high and stay there long after the windshield was clear
  • Inability to lock the car while it is running.
    • There's a workaround, but it causes a dangerous bug.
      • Park vehicle but leave it running
      • Get out with keys and close door
      • Hit door lock button on the handle, or key fob. Car beeps angrily at you for attempting to lock it.
      • Have a brilliant idea and get smartphone out and remotely lock the vehicle via BlueLink while you go inside the gas station. The car locks. You are a genius.
      • Come back out and realize that you've lost your cellular data connection. That's ok, you think, I can still unlock my car with my keys.
      • Nope! Haha, says you're car. Now that my engine is on and doors locked via BlueLink, I will ONLY unlock again via BlueLink. Pressing the key fob or door handle button only makes me beep my displeasure more loudly. Lost your cell phone? No data connection. Too bad! Serves you right for wanting to keep the heat going while getting your coffee.
    • The other workaround is to turn the car off, get out, then remote start it. But wtf? Since this is clearly allowed, why can't you just lock the dam door in the first place?
    • tl;dr;youdontthinkimfunny; You can use BlueLink to lock your car while it is still running, but if you do so, you can't unlock your running car with the key fob or handle button
  • Brake Hold not persistent between restarts. So this one might be a regulation thing, as I'm not sure if any car does it. I really like brake hold. I like it so much that after only two weeks it has becoming ingrained in my muscle memory. Stop, watch HUD hit 0 MPH, let go of break and relax at the light. Until that is, I let my foot up only to get surprised when my car starts moving again because I forgot to hit the freakin button before pulling out of the parking lot.
  • The f*ing nag screen on the infotainment system that shows up every time I start the car. I SWEAR to you God of Hyundai. I WILL NOT SUE YOU if I get in a crash because I was changing the surround sound settings on the infotainment display while driving 90 MPH down the highway.
    • What makes this even worse, is that the "confirm" button isn't enabled for a few seconds, so what ends up happening:
      • I turn on car and put it in reverse
      • 360 camera comes on -- yay
      • I pull out of parking space, then start driving, getting into my routine
      • After I hit 10 MPH or whatever, the 360 camera goes off. This happens right as I pull up to my parking gate.
      • Great I think, now I can turn on the radio, change the station, etc.
        • Haha - Nope! -- Now the nag/warning screen comes on. I either have to take my eyes off the road to hit "confirm" or wait approx. 20 seconds for it to go away by itself.
  • No phone slot for the driver to place phone while having it connected to Anroid Auto / Apple Car Play.
    • I love the wireless charging and the little rubber mat there it can be used, but this is a horrible spot for the phone to rest when it is plugged into the USB port that is a few inches away.
    • There's no good way to wrap the USB cord so that the phone is
      • easily accessible (e.g. can pick it up without looking), and also
      • the cord doesn't get in the way of using the cup holder
    • I end up having to use the front cup holder to place my phone in, with the USB end sticking up.
  • Android Auto not taking up the full width of the great-looking infotainment screen, or at least allowing the driver to use the right-most area to display something else while AA is running.
  • Turn-by-turn directions on the HUD not working into Android Auto or Apple Car play
    • I like having directions on the HUD, but even though Hyundai's navigation is pretty good, it still can't compete with Google Maps. Android Auto provides the turn-by-turn data over the AA link.
      • Don't believe me? Hook up your Android phone to a 2019 or 2020 CRV and enter a destination. You will get both turn and distance to next turn information directly on the steering wheel dash.
      • To be fair, the CR-V is one of the only cars I know of that can do this
  • Only meh level of warmth from the heated seats
    • Might just be that I got too used to my Murano's high heat setting being almost uncomfortable, but the Palisade's level 3 seat warmers just don't get hot enough in sub-20 degree climate.
    • And the heated seats don't come on with remote start. and take a good 5 -7 minutes before they are at their warmest
  • No LED floor lighting
    • This is the one feature that I loved with the Kia Telluride. The LED mood lighting extended to the floor/pedal area and looks awesome at night.
    • ok, ok ... now I'm stretching

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Regarding my first item -- I just read the manual and this is apparently a purposely designed limitation. No idea what the rationale is, but the manual warns several times that the SCC system cannot detect stopped vehicles, even though the FCA system can (and both use the same radar sensor).

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
That's probably because the SCC reacts to changes in speed to adjust its own. A car that is already stopped when it enters the range of the radar would be considered a stationary object, not something the SCC is supposed to react to. It is not recognized as a car because it's not moving. Similar situation to the radar sensing a guardrail because the road curves: the SCC knows not to slow down for that. It's trained to ignore static objects, as it should.

The FCA system, on the other hand, looks for those stationary obstacles. And it doesn't just rely on radar. It also uses the front camera to identify the object and avoid false positives (and for the pedestrian/bike detection).

So basically, you're looking at two different algorithms, designed to do very different things.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's probably because the SCC reacts to changes in speed to adjust its own. A car that is already stopped when it enters the range of the radar would be considered a stationary object, not something the SCC is supposed to react to. It is not recognized as a car because it's not moving. Similar situation to the radar sensing a guardrail because the road curves: the SCC knows not to slow down for that. It's trained to ignore static objects, as it should.

The FCA system, on the other hand, looks for those stationary obstacles. And it doesn't just rely on radar. It also uses the front camera to identify the object and avoid false positives (and for the pedestrian/bike detection).

So basically, you're looking at two different algorithms, designed to do very different things.
Sure - and I kind of get that. But other vehicles, with comparably worse SCC systems, do not have a problem reacting to stopped vehicles. My older 2018 Nissan Murano didn't have any kind of stop-and-go features, but its smart cruise control would stop the car then disengage if it came upon a stopped vehicle. The SCC system on the Honda CR-V also had no problem with stopped vehicles.

I think the sensor can detect the difference between types of objects. Maybe not 100%, but the radar profile of the back of a vehicle is very different from that of a guard rail. Despite what the manual says, it also seems to work some of the time. There have definitely been times where it has stopped for a stoped vehicle, but obviously not something I will rely on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Large enough for its own post? Ha ha! Large enough for a mini novel.
Regarding the heated seats, I find mine get way too hot. So maybe it’s just a variation between vehicles? Are usually start with mine on three, and have to turn it down to two in a relatively short time before I become “toasted”.
regarding the issue with the cell phone, I feel your pain! I mean, it would’ve been much easier if they had put that port on the side or the back of the cubby not in the front. And I hate that you have to use a cable to hook up CarPlay, But I guess that’s pretty much standard in all vehicles. Since I almost exclusively use CarPlay, the wireless charger has become unnecessary.

I started this as a response to the survey that someone posted on ranking your Palisade from 1 - 10. But it grew into something large enough for its own post.

I really like my Palisade and am glad that I chose it over any other vehicle I was considering. I rarely give anything a 10/10, but below are my reasons for not giving the Palisade a 9 or 10 (roughly in order of personal importance)

• Occasionally flaky smart cruise control during city driving. I purchase the Palisade largely because of the driver-assist technology. I love the lane centering, but the SCC has what I consider a potentially dangerous flaw. I've had the vehicle for two weeks now and there are times when the SCC system will not detect a stopped vehicle that is in front of it. This seems only to happen when either a) the vehicle appears somewhat suddenly (e.g. going over a hill at 45 to come upon a car stopped at a red light), or when the SCC is tracking a vehicle and that lead vehicle changes lanes, and a stopped vehicle is a ways in front of it. It seems to think, "great, no one in front of me anymore, let's accelerate" then never picks up the vehicle at the red light.
    • What makes this issue so annoying is that it appears to entirely software-based. When the SCC system fails to detect the car in front of it and not slow down, the collision assistance does engage. I get the flashing red on the dash and the warning beeps, and the vehicle even started to slow down once (although for obvious reasons, as soon as that warning comes on I start manually braking).
    • There should NEVER be a situation where SCC is engaged, fails to slow down, then the collision detection gets triggered, since they use the exact same set of sensors. Clearly the car knows that something is in front of it that it might collide with in order for the warnings to go off, so wtf doesn't the SCC system get the message and slow down?
    • This isn't too big of a deal in city driving. I mostly use SCC in the city just for fun and because I like technology. But I'm worried this will happen on the highway, where I actually rely on the SCC system.
      • For instance, it's not uncommon on Colorado highways (especially in the mountains) to quickly switch from going 75 MPH down to stop and go traffic in a very short amount of time. I'm worried that the SCC system will go from having no vehicle in front of it to a stopped vehicle in a traffic jam and won't engage to slow me down.
  • Occasionally flaky rain-sensing wipers: I wish I could disable the rain-sensing feature and just have them on variable intermittence. Colorado recently had a mini-blizzard and I could not get the front wipers at a comfortable level. Either snow wouldn't hit the rain sensor and I'd have to manually flick to low to clear the windshield, or a snowflake would block the sensor and the wipers would switch to high and stay there long after the windshield was clear
      • Hit door lock button on the handle, or key fob. Car beeps angrily at you for attempting to lock it.
      • Have a brilliant idea and get smartphone out and remotely lock the vehicle via BlueLink while you go inside the gas station. The car locks. You are a genius.
      • Come back out and realize that you've lost your cellular data connection. That's ok, you think, I can still unlock my car with my keys.
      • Nope! Haha, says you're car. Now that my engine is on and doors locked via BlueLink, I will ONLY unlock again via BlueLink. Pressing the key fob or door handle button only makes me beep my displeasure more loudly. Lost your cell phone? No data connection. Too bad! Serves you right for wanting to keep the heat going while getting your coffee.
    • The other workaround is to turn the car off, get out, then remote start it. But wtf? Since this is clearly allowed, why can't you just lock the dam door in the first place?
    • tl;dr;youdontthinkimfunny; You can use BlueLink to lock your car while it is still running, but if you do so, you can't unlock your running car with the key fob or handle button
  • Brake Hold not persistent between restarts. So this one might be a regulation thing, as I'm not sure if any car does it. I really like brake hold. I like it so much that after only two weeks it has becoming ingrained in my muscle memory. Stop, watch HUD hit 0 MPH, let go of break and relax at the light. Until that is, I let my foot up only to get surprised when my car starts moving again because I forgot to hit the freakin button before pulling out of the parking lot.
  • The f*ing nag screen on the infotainment system that shows up every time I start the car. I SWEAR to you God of Hyundai. I WILL NOT SUE YOU if I get in a crash because I was changing the surround sound settings on the infotainment display while driving 90 MPH down the highway.
    • What makes this even worse, is that the "confirm" button isn't enabled for a few seconds, so what ends up happening:
      • After I hit 10 MPH or whatever, the 360 camera goes off. This happens right as I pull up to my parking gate.
        • Haha - Nope! -- Now the nag/warning screen comes on. I either have to take my eyes off the road to hit "confirm" or wait approx. 20 seconds for it to go away by itself.
  • No phone slot for the driver to place phone while having it connected to Anroid Auto / Apple Car Play.
    • I love the wireless charging and the little rubber mat there it can be used, but this is a horrible spot for the phone to rest when it is plugged into the USB port that is a few inches away.
    • I end up having to use the front cup holder to place my phone in, with the USB end sticking up.
  • Android Auto not taking up the full width of the great-looking infotainment screen, or at least allowing the driver to use the right-most area to display something else while AA is running.
  • Turn-by-turn directions on the HUD not working into Android Auto or Apple Car play
    • I like having directions on the HUD, but even though Hyundai's navigation is pretty good, it still can't compete with Google Maps. Android Auto provides the turn-by-turn data over the AA link.
      • Don't believe me? Hook up your Android phone to a 2019 or 2020 CRV and enter a destination. You will get both turn and distance to next turn information directly on the steering wheel dash.
    • Might just be that I got too used to my Murano's high heat setting being almost uncomfortable, but the Palisade's level 3 seat warmers just don't get hot enough in sub-20 degree climate.
    • And the heated seats don't come on with remote start. and take a good 5 -7 minutes before they are at their warmest
  • No LED floor lighting

Regarding my first item -- I just read the manual and this is apparently a purposely designed limitation. No idea what the rationale is, but the manual warns several times that the SCC system cannot detect stopped vehicles, even though the FCA system can (and both use the same radar sensor).

• No LED floor lighting
    • This is the one feature that I loved with the Kia Telluride. The LED mood lighting extended to the floor/pedal area and looks awesome at night.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Please read owners manual on the right side (warnings) on pages 5-128, also page 5-141 on inclines. Also settings page 5-136 distance 1-4 settings may help in your first paragraph ‘issues’. Page 5-144 covers stopped vehicle. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
138 Posts

• No LED floor lighting
I’m scratching my head trying to figure out why someone would want to lock their car while running especially at a gas station? It clearly states turn off your vehicle while pumping gas unless you are planning a robbery and you want the car running for a quick get away!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m scratching my head trying to figure out why someone would want to lock their car while running especially at a gas station? It clearly states turn off your vehicle while pumping gas unless you are planning a robbery and you want the car running for a quick get away!
we travel with our dogs all the time. cant take them into the store so we leave them in the car with the car running either with the heat on or the air on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, I don't leave it on while pumping gas. The gas station comment is in reference to quickly running into a gas station or convenience store, like 7-Eleven. Especially in the winter, it's nice to keep your car running, especially if you are waiting for the heated seats to warm up.

·
Registered
54 Posts

• No LED floor lighting
So, a year after your review, anything changed, or added, or deleted? Also: howdy (Colorado) neighbor.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, a year after your review, anything changed, or added, or deleted? Also: howdy (Colorado) neighbor.
I've had the vehicle for 14 months now and am very happy with the purchase. Pretty much all of my original complaints still hold but have become more annoying and others have more or less faded.

• After driving my Palisade through the Colorado winter, I've come to very much appreciate the remote start. I mainly use the app, although sometimes I use the remote start on the key fob. The app has worked surprisingly well, with only a handful of failed attempts. BUT that makes the lack of remote-start heated seats even more annoying. It must be some kind of perceived safety issue on the part of Hyundai since the update to the app even has an icon for the heated seats (but the option is disabled).
    • The Palisade has a big interior, and even with both front and rear vents going, it takes a while to heat up in the early 10-degree mornings. The heated seat is very nice, as it will warm the driver (or passenger) before the ambient temperature is at a comfortable level. If only you could remote start, come out 10 minutes later, and sit down on a nice warm chair, with a warm steering wheel, and defrosted windows. All of that works except for the seats.
  • Now that summer is here, the lack of one-touch power rear windows is kind of annoying. I typically either roll down all four windows or sometimes just the rear. And when I get home to pull into my spot, I'd like to just tab all four buttons. I don't care if they all go at the same time, but since I have to hold down the rear window switches, I end up just holding down all of them usually (or trying to one-touch all of them and then wondering why the rear windows are still down). Seems like such a simple thing to add.
  • Infotainment nag screen
    • Ugh, still drives me crazy. I was hoping a software update would remove it, or at least make it not happen every single startup.
  • The volume of the lane departure and blind-spot warnings. I really like the safety features, but the tone that sounds is very loud and jolting. It startles passengers, even waking up my nephew from a dead sleep once. And there is no way to disable or change the volume without deactivating the entire system. The much-less-frequent collision warning allows you to change the volume level, but not the lane departure or blind-spot.
    • The blind-spot monitoring is the bigger annoyance of the two since there are many instances where you want to use your turn signal even with a vehicle in the lane next to you. You might be wanted to signal your intention to change lanes, you might be showing that you are taking a highway exit, etc.
    • Would be so nice if the audible warning could be disabled in favor of just the haptic (vibration) on the steering wheel and an icon on the cluster or HUD
  • Lack of power-folding mirrors. This wasn't an issue before, since I parked in an assigned outdoor space at my condo, but I've been house hunting and have found that my Palisade won't fit through some single-car garage doors.
  • Rain-sensing wipers. This has not improved. 50% of the time they work well enough that I don't have to keep my hand on the wiper-trigger, but the other 50% of the time I either have to settle for always-on low or full manual.
  • Ventilated seats - The fan needs to be stronger. Also, the AC vents that are under the driver's side seat are for the rear climate control system. So if I'm driving alone (or with a single front passenger), I usually won't turn on the rear AC, meaning that the fan isn't sucking up any cool air to blow through the seat.

Some of the things that have been fixed or aren't as important anymore
  • Android Auto - a software update 6 or so months ago gave the ability to use the right 1/3 of the screen for something in addition to having Android Auto take up the left 2/3. You can even have both Google Maps and the Palisade GPS Maps showing at the same time. Which while not at all practical is kind of amusing.
  • Phone placement - My front cupholder has been relegated to permanent phone-holder duty. I bought a short USB-C cable that is a great length for attaching to my phone without getting in the way, but still long enough that I can use my phone without disconnecting it.
  • Smart Cruise Control not "seeing" stopped vehicles - I still love the SCC and self-driving assist features, but not having the Palisade slow down for stopped cars isn't as big of a deal as I thought. I did discover that there are some pretty low limits to how much the SCC will brake for you. I was using it on I-70, driving back from Vail last fall and the traffic conditions had me going from 75 mph down to around 20 mph in a pretty short distance. The vehicle in front of me was rather large, and I didn't notice the congestion until I was already slowing down. It would have been a normal, if slightly harsher deceleration for me, but it was too much for the SCC system, and I ended up with one of my first legit collision warnings.
  • Brake hold, auto-stop settings don't hold - Almost by instinct now I have a routine when I get in the car. Start it up, hit brake hold, hit auto-stop, hit heated/ventilated driver seat, hit nag screen on infotainment, hit reverse and go. I did find an after-market part that looks like it can be used to remember the settings of the brake hold and auto-off, but it requires plugging into the wiring so I haven't tried it yet.

The Palisade has done great for the last year. I skied quite a bit, probably driving from Denver to the mountains 20 or so times between October and May. It has been a pleasure to drive every time. Denver had some record-breaking snow that shut down the city a couple of times. No issues getting the Palisade out. Never even needed a shovel. The downside was the 4am phone call when my dad couldn't get out of his cul-de-sac to get to work. I've averaged around 18 MPG city and 21 MPG highway (I'm not an efficient driver and like to zoom a lot). The sport mode on the Palisade is genuinely fun, and makes the SUV feel very responsive.

Hauling has been nice. Carried dogs, skis, bikes, building materials, helped people move, etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had the vehicle for 14 months now and am very happy with the purchase. Pretty much all of my original complaints still hold but have become more annoying and others have more or less faded.

• After driving my Palisade through the Colorado winter, I've come to very much appreciate the remote start. I mainly use the app, although sometimes I use the remote start on the key fob. The app has worked surprisingly well, with only a handful of failed attempts. BUT that makes the lack of remote-start heated seats even more annoying. It must be some kind of perceived safety issue on the part of Hyundai since the update to the app even has an icon for the heated seats (but the option is disabled).
    • The Palisade has a big interior, and even with both front and rear vents going, it takes a while to heat up in the early 10-degree mornings. The heated seat is very nice, as it will warm the driver (or passenger) before the ambient temperature is at a comfortable level. If only you could remote start, come out 10 minutes later, and sit down on a nice warm chair, with a warm steering wheel, and defrosted windows. All of that works except for the seats.
  • Now that summer is here, the lack of one-touch power rear windows is kind of annoying. I typically either roll down all four windows or sometimes just the rear. And when I get home to pull into my spot, I'd like to just tab all four buttons. I don't care if they all go at the same time, but since I have to hold down the rear window switches, I end up just holding down all of them usually (or trying to one-touch all of them and then wondering why the rear windows are still down). Seems like such a simple thing to add.
  • Infotainment nag screen
    • Ugh, still drives me crazy. I was hoping a software update would remove it, or at least make it not happen every single startup.
  • The volume of the lane departure and blind-spot warnings. I really like the safety features, but the tone that sounds is very loud and jolting. It startles passengers, even waking up my nephew from a dead sleep once. And there is no way to disable or change the volume without deactivating the entire system. The much-less-frequent collision warning allows you to change the volume level, but not the lane departure or blind-spot.
    • The blind-spot monitoring is the bigger annoyance of the two since there are many instances where you want to use your turn signal even with a vehicle in the lane next to you. You might be wanted to signal your intention to change lanes, you might be showing that you are taking a highway exit, etc.
    • Would be so nice if the audible warning could be disabled in favor of just the haptic (vibration) on the steering wheel and an icon on the cluster or HUD
  • Lack of power-folding mirrors. This wasn't an issue before, since I parked in an assigned outdoor space at my condo, but I've been house hunting and have found that my Palisade won't fit through some single-car garage doors.
  • Rain-sensing wipers. This has not improved. 50% of the time they work well enough that I don't have to keep my hand on the wiper-trigger, but the other 50% of the time I either have to settle for always-on low or full manual.
  • Ventilated seats - The fan needs to be stronger. Also, the AC vents that are under the driver's side seat are for the rear climate control system. So if I'm driving alone (or with a single front passenger), I usually won't turn on the rear AC, meaning that the fan isn't sucking up any cool air to blow through the seat.

Some of the things that have been fixed or aren't as important anymore
  • Android Auto - a software update 6 or so months ago gave the ability to use the right 1/3 of the screen for something in addition to having Android Auto take up the left 2/3. You can even have both Google Maps and the Palisade GPS Maps showing at the same time. Which while not at all practical is kind of amusing.
  • Phone placement - My front cupholder has been relegated to permanent phone-holder duty. I bought a short USB-C cable that is a great length for attaching to my phone without getting in the way, but still long enough that I can use my phone without disconnecting it.
  • Smart Cruise Control not "seeing" stopped vehicles - I still love the SCC and self-driving assist features, but not having the Palisade slow down for stopped cars isn't as big of a deal as I thought. I did discover that there are some pretty low limits to how much the SCC will brake for you. I was using it on I-70, driving back from Vail last fall and the traffic conditions had me going from 75 mph down to around 20 mph in a pretty short distance. The vehicle in front of me was rather large, and I didn't notice the congestion until I was already slowing down. It would have been a normal, if slightly harsher deceleration for me, but it was too much for the SCC system, and I ended up with one of my first legit collision warnings.
  • Brake hold, auto-stop settings don't hold - Almost by instinct now I have a routine when I get in the car. Start it up, hit brake hold, hit auto-stop, hit heated/ventilated driver seat, hit nag screen on infotainment, hit reverse and go. I did find an after-market part that looks like it can be used to remember the settings of the brake hold and auto-off, but it requires plugging into the wiring so I haven't tried it yet.

The Palisade has done great for the last year. I skied quite a bit, probably driving from Denver to the mountains 20 or so times between October and May. It has been a pleasure to drive every time. Denver had some record-breaking snow that shut down the city a couple of times. No issues getting the Palisade out. Never even needed a shovel. The downside was the 4am phone call when my dad couldn't get out of his cul-de-sac to get to work. I've averaged around 18 MPG city and 21 MPG highway (I'm not an efficient driver and like to zoom a lot). The sport mode on the Palisade is genuinely fun, and makes the SUV feel very responsive.

Hauling has been nice. Carried dogs, skis, bikes, building materials, helped people move, etc.
Excellent review, thanks for taking the time to respond. You have me thinking (reaffirming) I’ve made the right decision (I’m in Littleton, so feeling the weather with you).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts