Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel silly for having to ask.. where is the rear washer nozzle located? Mine doesn't seem to be working.. I'm trying to push the wiper stalk (forward) to use the washer, but nothing comes out, only the wipers are activated, no washer fluid coming out.

Also, is there a separate rear washer fluid reservoir? Manual only really ever mentions the front washer, and the reservoir tank in the engine bay (does it route the washer fluid all the way from the front of the car to the back?).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seriously? hmm lol.. that would be pretty absurd if there was no rear washer... manual definitely mentions it:

1575588374852.png

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well now I'm curious. I've definitely never noticed that.

I've also owned vehicles in the past with a rear wiper but not washer.

Edit: Here it is. Shows what I know.
I suspected that this little hole was where it was supposed to be. But mine doesn't seem to be working, nothing comes out, hence my confusion and double-checking via this post.. Hmm. In any case, thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Don't know if this helps or adds confusion but I had a Toyota where the fluid came out of the wipers themselves via a rubber tube. Has anyone looked closely at the wiper itself?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah mines definitely not working. I don't want to keep trying in case I burn out the pump/motor. Either a blockage or empty reservoir, but front ones work fine, and manual never mentions a separate rear washer reservoir. Not urgent, so I'll wait til my first oil change to bring it up to the dealership..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah mines definitely not working. I don't want to keep trying in case I burn out the pump/motor. Either a blockage or empty reservoir, but front ones work fine, and manual never mentions a separate rear washer reservoir. Not urgent, so I'll wait til my first oil change to bring it up to the dealership..
The rear wiper fluid uses the same reservoir as the front wipers. On the wiper handle (part of the steering column) , pull the handle up to release fluid for the front wipers and push same handle down to release fluid for the rear. There are NO separate reservoirs.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hey don't think it was answered so the rear wiper has a different method of actuation than my prior cars.
** With wipers on push the whole stalk toward the windshield. ** - My prior cars used the rear rotator switch that turns on the rears

1 - 10 of 10 Posts